Grenada Travel Answers

change location
gengels's Profile Photo

Beaches, Appartements, Accommodations in Grenada?

by gengels Online Now Feb 6, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Hi @ All, We (2 persons) will be in Grenada from the 13-th to 27-th march. We search some accommodation which are not so expensive. We want to expend about 20 to 30 per night for a double room. We're looking for self-catering apartments. It would be nice if you could recommend some nice places. Are you supposed to book for the entire holiday or is it better just to book the frist few days and to plan the rest when you are there? Where are the most beautiful beaches in Grenada? Is it commendable to go to carricao and petite martinique? We would be pleased to recieve an answer. Georg

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Dougy's Profile Photo

Re: Beaches, Appartements, Accommodations in Grenada?

by Dougy Online Now Feb 10, 2005 at 1:01 AM

Hi, I think you will have trouble finding accomodation for that price. I am always surprised that the caribean is so much more exspensive than europe. Also Grenada is still recovering from the hurricane so the choice of accomodation may be limited. Regarding carriacou , I think its well worth a visit. There is a local ferry that takes 1.5 hours to get to carriacou it leaves grenada at 9: Am and also at 5pm. The trip can sometimes be rough. Carriacou is smaller and quieter than Grenada, there are some good beaches, my favourite is paradise beach. I hope this helps Doug

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Beaches, Appartements, Accommodations in Grenada?

by HeatherR3 Online Now Feb 2, 2006 at 6:03 AM

In November 2001, I stayed at a bed and breakfast which was within walking distance from Grand Anse Beach - 1/4 mile, St. Georges - 3/4 mile, and the marketplace (if you don't mind walking - about 1.5 miles). It was about the least expensive you'll find in Grenada...about34 per night at that time (pre-Hurrican Ivan). I'm not sure whether they're up and running right now, but you can contact them either by e-mail at taffysvillage@caribsurf.com or, if the e-mail's "extinct", try calling 473-444-1056. Owners' names are Sue and Colin Wakeman.

I rented a 2-bedroom apartment on Gleans Road in St. Georges in May 2001 for700 for a month. No A/C and no screens, but had a verandah overlooking the Carenage. You can find this sort of thing by being in touch with grenhome@caribsurf.com or calling Elizabeth Williams 473-444-5845.

This info is from 2001...hope it still works for you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines