Grenada Travel Answers

change location
bianchis's Profile Photo

Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean

by bianchis Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 7:39 AM

Does anyone have any information as to the damage caused by this hurricane to the hotels along the coast. What about La Source?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • KirstenL4W's Profile Photo

Re: Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean

by KirstenL4W Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 8:21 AM

The news reports are all saying that 90% of the buildings on Grenada have been damaged. Of those, about half were destroyed. Chances are pretty good that the places you are inquiring about suffered some nasty damage.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • barbados-paradise's Profile Photo

by barbados-paradise Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 11:22 AM

All what we (in Barbados) hear and see is that the most places are damaged. “UNICEF relief supplies arrived yesterday in Grenada, slowly recovering from Hurricane Ivan that wrought devastation upon thousands of families… Most of the island’s homes and schools have been destroyed or undergone significant structural damage. Hurricane Ivan, the worst in the Caribbean in at least a decade, struck Tuesday, the day after the school year began. An estimated 4 000 children are now living in shelters.” 14th September 2004 The Nation (www.nationnews.com) Take a look to: stormcarib.com/reports/2004/... Monika

• bianchis's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean

by bianchis Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 12:11 PM

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your help Sylvia

• bianchis's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean

by bianchis Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 12:13 PM

Thanks I looked into the site you supplied and read the report. I am truly amazed to learn how hard hit Grenada has been. I sincerely hope that things will get back to normal soon and people will be able to pick up the pieces and start again. I wish them courage and strength. Sylvia

• barbados-paradise's Profile Photo

by barbados-paradise Online Now Sep 17, 2004 at 3:51 AM

Check this page for the latest update from Grenada include Travel Trade http://www.grenadaemergency.com/ grenadaemergency.com/travel.... There you can find a list with hotels and information about the situation. Monika

• Re: Re: Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean

by curiousx Online Now Oct 15, 2004 at 10:30 AM

Go to the Forums on www.grenadaexplorer.com. There is a sticky updated daily with an alphabetical listing of each Grenada hotel/restaurant/tour/dive/marina operation and information on its current status. If I recall correctly. La Source will not be opening for some time (although many other business are already back up and running).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines