Grenada Travel Answers

change location

How's life in Grenada nowadays?

by FinnishBlonde Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 1:36 AM

I'm going to the tiny Caribbean island Grenada already this month. This is my first time. How is life there nowadays, after the hurricane Ivan, which destroyed island in September 2004? Do you know cheap hotels and accomodation there? We would stay a month. A simple and clean place would be just nice and enough for us. I'm travelling with my 2-year old son. We are going to bath in the sea and just lay in the sun. We are sporty people, so nature park and walking the forests would be interesting. Best wishes from Finland (Scandinavia)!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • LisaMJ's Profile Photo

Re: How's life in Grenada nowadays?

by LisaMJ Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 2:15 AM

I Love Grenada! Try this website and it gives up to date info on the stage that all the hotels are at. http://grenadatravelforum.com/ We stayed at the Grenada Grand Beach resort. It's a 3*, not as cheap as the Coyaba next door for example, but has a fantastic pool complex that your son (and you!) would love. It's also on Grand Anse beach (in my opinion the best on the island - see my Grenada page for photos). Cheaper options still may be the flamboyant hotel, but I think this has many steps which may not be suitable for a toddler. There is a tour office with the Grenada Grand Beach hotel, which could cater to all your sporty and nature needs. Alternatively, I don't think the Rex Grenadian was too badly damaged - it's a family hotel so may be worth a look. It's nothing sepcial - an average 3 *, but if you are looking for sunbathing and swimming, it could be an option along with the Grenada Grand. Lisa

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • LisaMJ's Profile Photo

Re: How's life in Grenada nowadays?

by LisaMJ Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 2:18 AM

P.S it see,s the hotels I mention may not be ready yet............ but another option is www.truebluebay.com You may want to check the facilities as it may be in more of a bay than a beach, but it's so charming, personal service, with fantastic food.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines