Travel Answers
Greetsiel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jehoen's Profile Photo

Which techno clubs and restaurants (German food)

Hamburg Dec 15, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Hello,

I am going to Hamburg at the 27th of December. I was wondering at which club i have to go to (techno). I don't want to go to the Reeperbahn of other touristic places, but to a club where the Hamburg people are going to. And maybe you know some nice places to go with new years eve?

At last... does anybody knows a good restaurant with German food?
      Thank you,

Jeroen

more
    • which station

Dresden Nov 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM

hi if i reach by bus from prague what station will bus stop &how to proceed for sightseeing using public transportation as hop on off is croweded as our colleague mention on his post
      thanks

more
    • Duration of tour Schloss Nymphenburg

Munich Dec 15, 2014 at 4:50 AM

We will be in Munich in May 2015 and would like to visit Schloss Nymphenburg. How long does a non-guided tour take of all the buildings and gardens? I'm planning on going early morning.

more
    • Eating alone and staying at Steigenberger

Leipzig Dec 1, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Good evening - I am dining alone this evening and was wondering if there is any place I should make a point of eating/enjoying a good German beer at other than my hotel restaurant options. I would like to keep it nearby as I'm not familiar with the area and on the cheap as I am in Germany for a week. Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
      Jessica

more
    • Bernauer Straße

Berlin Dec 4, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Last year i was in Bernauer Straße, next to the subway station, while a guy came and showed us his phone: with an application, when he pointed his phone at the big white wall with the picture of the soldier jumping over the wall, this picture started moving on his screen.. Does anybody know the name of the app ? I couldn't find anything similar to that, and i'm leaving tomorrow to visit again that wonderful city :
      Thank you in andvance !

more
    • stores with bicycle miniatures

Berlin Nov 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Hi everybody,
      Anybody know where is some shop with metal cycling/bicycle miniatures in Berlin?
      Can be tour de france figures, cycling or diecast bicycle model.
      I want to know the adress in Berlin.

have a nice day
      Thomas

more
    • 9hours in dresden

Dresden Nov 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM

hi any advise will come from prague in the morning by bus to dresden &back at 7pm to prague
      what i can see & how to proceed the start
      thank you

more
    • coloradopair's Profile Photo

Music in Dresden - Dec 4 to Dec 12

Dresden Nov 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM

We will be in Dresden from Dec 4 to Dec 9 . Can anyone provide information on music venues (jazz or holiday music) during that time? Thanks

more
    • hotel near Schonefeld SXF airport

Berlin Dec 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hello,

I will need a cheap hotel near Schonefeld SXF airport (or B&B/Guesthouse), I prefer a hotel easy accessable with buss/shuttle/train fromt eh airport to the hotel.
      Thank you
      N

more
    • Dining alone in Alexanderplatz - any suggestions?

Berlin Dec 3, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Hi all - I am dining alone and would like to take in some authentic German cuisine/ beers. Any suggestions for lunch and/ or dinner within walking distance of the Holiday Inn in Alexanderplatz? I am not looking for anything fancy or pricey - just someplace with a good atmosphere and won't make me feel awkward for eating by myself.

more
    • berlin to prague

Dresden Nov 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM

hi bus or train

how many hours

thanks

more
    • mifi in dresden

Dresden Nov 27, 2014 at 9:27 AM

hi

can we get unblocked mifi  so it we insert sim of country i can catch  wifi?

cost?

place to buy

thanks

more
    • Need help - trains

Cologne Dec 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hey guys
      What platform/train to I get to go to hotel Six, Markt 6
      Brühl, 50321, germany.

I have no clue of what stop I need to get off at or the cost for two people. Any help is much appreciated

Niall

more
    • New Year Eve

Berlin Dec 8, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Hi all

I am arriving late (9.30pm) on the 31st in Berlin and looking for a not to busy place to stay (and maybe watch a firework). staying in the area of the zoo. Maybe anyone a suggestion of a good restaurant (vegan, and no thats not a hipster thing but due to medical issues :D) in the area too?
      Thank you in advance and best!

more
    • Looking for best clubs, restaurants, hotels and limoservices

Düsseldorf Nov 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Hi everyone

Next year, we're having a bachelor party planned in Düsseldorf. I've noticed Düsseldorf has much to offer, so making a decision where to go is hard :)

What are the best clubs in town (music: house, dance - Tomorrowland-ish music ;) )
      What are some neat restaurants to go to?
      What cool activities can you do in Düsseldorf (like paintballing, karting etc.)?
      Also looking for a nice place to stay (house for 8 people or nice hotels) and a limoservice :)

Any tips are welcome ;)

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Bamberg or Rothenburg ob der Tauber in mid of Feb.

Bavaria Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I have 1 days in Nuremberg and we were thinking of visiting either Bamberg or Wurzburg on 1 /2 of the day.

What you suggest is the most worth to visit in mid of Feb.

Thanks

more
    • Public Laundry in Mainz?

Mainz Dec 15, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I am hoping to pack rather light for our 10 day trip since there won't be great variations in temperature, and hope there might be a public laundry facility in Mainz for a mid-week refresher of some clothing?

more
    • Airport to Potsdamer Platz

Berlin Dec 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Hello:First time traveling to Berlin,I'd like to know how to get to Ibis Hotel Berlin Potsdamer Platz from the airport
      Schoenefeld and if you have any opinion about this Hotel I'll appreciate it very much.Thanks in advance.

more
    • Transport from Paris

Bernkastel-Kues Nov 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Since there's no train to Bernkastel Kues...what is best way to get here from Paris without renting a car?

more
    • Innsbruck sleigh rides

Germany Nov 22, 2014 at 12:04 AM

We will be staying in Innsbruck for the Christmas holidays and would like to schedule a sleigh ride for Christmas day. How do I get information on the sleigh rides?

more
    • Business and bar signs

Germany Dec 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Does anyone know where we can buy those hanging outside signs that are all over Germany? They usually have brass frames and a figure of some sort. We love the German lion. I've looked all over the Internet with no help. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

more
    • Duration non-guided tour Wurzburg Residenze

Würzburg Dec 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM

What is a rough time estimate of a non-guided tour of Wurzburg Residenze? We'll be visiting early May next year.

more
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Cheapest Train Fare From Frankfurt to Salzburg

Frankfurt am Main Dec 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Planning on a trip from Frankfurt to Salzburg in mid April. Is three months in advance the soonest you can purchase tickets on Bahn? I thought I saw some 29 euro fares the other day but now appears 49 is the cheapest. What can i expect to pay for this 6.5 hour plus trip that transfers in Munich? Any advice or tips? Thanks!!

more
    • How long is needed?

Oberammergau Nov 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My partner and I are going to Germany in December and I'd like to do a day trip to Oberammergau but I'm not sure how long we should spend there. Is a whole day needed or just a couple of hours?

more
    • SIM card in Germany?

Germany Dec 8, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have a simple, pay-as-you-go phone from AT&T. Obviously, the # is for the area where I live in the USA. If I travel to Germany, does anyone know if I can simply get a German SIM card to put in the phone so it can be used in Germany?

more
    • Back to my roots

by revmj Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM

My great grandparents were born and raised in the Greetsiel/Pilsum area. I plan to visit Germany next fall along with my two sons and we'd like to spend some time checking out our roots. Is a day and a night enough time to explore the area? Should we plan to take rail to Emden and then rent a car? How long would a trip from Munich to Emden by rail take? Any help would be appreciated!

33 Answers Aug 15, 2010 at 11:35 AM