Greenwich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Meet my girl friend T2 departure lounge

Heathrow Feb 3, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Please I need answer for this question before I booked my tickets.Can I see my girl friend in terminal 2 departure at heath row airport, I planning to book flight to her from London to Manchster the flight from T2 at 12:25 p.m while I will be is same terminal at 06:00 am heading to ORD in international flight..Does the domestic and international departure lounge in same area so I can meet her and hook up for while...Thanks..by the way I am US citizen and I have UK refusal Entry before that.

more
    • London to Harwich

London Yesterday

Are there any good cheap transportation from London to Harwich?

more
    • Easter in London

London Yesterday

We may be in London during Easter. Is there any parades or special events during that time? What's a great place for brunch on Easter dinner?

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

What is the actual address in London of Dollis Hill WW2 bunker / paddock

London Feb 13, 2015 at 10:15 AM

I am looking to visit this location and would like to know the actual location address and which Tube stop closest to the old Dollis Hill bunker. Any other comments are welcome.
      Thank you in advance.

more
    • Heathrow airport luggage storeage

London Jan 29, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Does anyone know if you can store suitcases at the Heathrow airport in London? We have a train ride after our landing in London and want to leave our luggage for a subsequent cruise for a few days at the airport in a secure facility? Is there such a place that someone has experience with?

more
    • Angholcombe's Profile Photo

Radisson blu Edwardian hotel near 02

London Jan 31, 2015 at 12:05 PM

We have an event booked for the 02 and were looking for a hotel, the radisson blu came up and looked really nice.
      Can anyone tell me if it's possible to walk to the 02 as it says it's only 0.4 miles, or how far the walk is to the nearest tube station to get to North Greenwich
      Thanks

more
    • planxty's Profile Photo

London travel advisory - Bus strikes.

London Jan 28, 2015 at 3:49 PM

I realise this is not a question and I have posted the information in the relevant London transportation page but I post it here additionally in the hope it may save travellers inconvenience as people may not see it elsewhere.

Following a number of strikes already this month the Unite union have decided yet again to seriously disrupt public transport in London with a series of three strikes affecting the buses. They are planned for 5th, 13th and 16th February from 0001 hours to 2359 hours on each occasion. This will obviously have a knock-on effect on night buses both prior to and after the strikes.

Travellers are advised to check and replan their journey if necessary. Details of how to do this can be found on the Government website

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

As always, I shall update this if the situation changes.

Hope this assists,

fergy.

more
    • Hesselz's Profile Photo

Best way to Travel between London and Rugby

London Feb 11, 2015 at 7:41 AM

I will be staying in London during March, but will be going to Rugby for a few days. What is the best and cheapest way to travel from London to Rugby and return? Is it better going by train or coach? I don't have the exact hours I want to travel, but I know I will need to go to Rugby on March 4th and return to London on March 9th. Is it better to order a return ticket from the start or each way seperately? What about where to buy the ticket, is it best to do it beforehand on the internet or just buy the tickets when I am travelling? Would a coach be cheaper than train? Are there any cheaper options? Besides that, I would need to go from Rugby to Birmingham and return and from London to Wareham, Dorset. What are my cheapest travel options?
      Thanks,
      Hessel

more
    • Walking around Victoria at night

London Feb 5, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Hi, I'm a little bit concerned about walking around Victoria station at night. I'll be at The White Ferry House hostel on 2 Sutherland street and need to take a train at 6 am at the station. I'll be walking white a huge travel bag plus huge luggage but there is no bus between them and a taxi can't be happy to take me so close. Does anyone think that should be a problem to walk around there at that time with lots of luggage? Thank you all for your help =]

more
    • Best way to transfer from Heathrow T2 - T5 for domestic flight (with non connecting flight)

London Feb 5, 2015 at 2:28 AM

Hi,

I am flying from Shanghai to London arriving at T2 but since i am flying with a non connecting flight, i will need to pick up my luggage and then transfer to T5 and check in again for my domestic flight to Newcastle. Can someone tell me whats the best way and quickest way to travel to from T2 to T5. I have 2 big suitcases and a hand luggage with me so a bit of hassle to move around. My flight has 3 hours connection so is that doable? Please advise

Thanks
      Amanda

more
    • Meet my girl friend T2 departure lounge

Heathrow Feb 3, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Please I need answer for this question before I booked my tickets.Can I see my girl friend in terminal 2 departure at heath row airport, I planning to book flight to her from London to Manchster the flight from T2 at 12:25 p.m while I will be is same terminal at 06:00 am heading to ORD in international flight..Does the domestic and international departure lounge in same area so I can meet her and hook up for while...Thanks..by the way I am US citizen and I have UK refusal Entry before that.

more
    • from st pncras s tation

London Jan 29, 2015 at 2:14 AM

hi how can I reach from st pancrass station camberwell by public transport
      thanks
      urgent my son is his way by eurotar

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Tipping question

London Feb 23, 2015 at 6:12 PM

When I take a mini-cab from Heathrow to London, do I need to tip, and if so how much? We will have two suitcases, a folding scooter and two carry on bags.

more
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

cruise terminal in dover to Central London

London Feb 4, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Am coming in on Queen Mary in May and would like to know what is the least expensive way to get from the cruise terminal in London (which I assume is in Dover) to Central London. Also any suggestions for hotels that are centrally located and fairly reasonable. Thanks for the info.

more
    • dharmabum222's Profile Photo

transit strike travel time

London Feb 11, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Hi! i will be in London next week and have been hearing news of an impending transit strike. I am looking to hire a taxi ahead of time to ensure that I will be able to get to the airport for my flight home but I am wondering how much time I should allow tfor travel and traffic to ensure that i will make my flight. I will be staying in Covent Garden and my flight departs at 10:30 am. I appreciate any insight that can be offered. Cheers.

more
    • Central location

London Feb 18, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Going to London for long weekend with a friend? Where would be a good place to stay reasonable price, close to tourists attractions nightlife and shopping.

Thanks for any help.

more
    • Weather in the UK

London Feb 25, 2015 at 11:51 AM

We are planning a trip to Scotland, England & Ireland for 3 weeks. When would the best time be to go?

more
    • amazingclick's Profile Photo

Out of town trips from London for a week to 10 days

London Jan 30, 2015 at 12:59 AM

Hello We want to drive from London for 10 days and come back with a 8 month old baby. We were looking at lake district and few other places with not too hectic a trip. Please recommend some itinaries.

more
    • Can i use different passport when travelling in between Heathrow and Dublin?

Heathrow Feb 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hi, i am entering Heathrow using my Canada passport. May i know whether i can exit from Heathrow by my Canada passport to Dublin and then enter again into Heathrow by using my Malaysia passport?

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Advantage to purchase in advance question

London Feb 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM

What is the advantage to purchasing a ticket on the First Great Western train to Cornwall in advance? I will still have to go to some kind of ticket place to pick it up won't I? I would think it would be better to get the ticket when I get there even if it cost a little more. Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting to the station and to the right place in time.

I am staying at the Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court which I thought had a possibility of pick-up at Heathrow. How can I find out about getting this.

How far is this hotel from Paddington Station?

more
    • London day trips

London Yesterday

We have done the Oxford/Warwick/Shakespeare's home one. Would like to find a unique one. Dover Cliffs? Day in Wales? Open to suggestions!

more
    • JimC71's Profile Photo

Staying outside of London

London Feb 15, 2015 at 6:51 AM

We will be visiting London this summer and would like to explore a bit outside of the city as well. Looking for some recommendations on areas to stay that might be a good jumping off point to not only spend a few days in London, but also explore some towns outside. Best case scenario would be a 30-45 minute train ride into London direct. We have been looking at train routes and such, but would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance and we can't wait for the trip!

more
    • fscat's Profile Photo

Best neighborhood/area to stay with a family?

London Feb 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM

I'm traveling to London this summer, with my family (two kids from 7 - 10).
      What area should I look to stay in if I want to be centrally located to the major sites with good access to the tube?
      I've so far concentrated my searches to Chelsea/Kensington and Westminster, should that be it, or any other areas I should consider?
      Thanks.

more
    • Transport around Greenwich

by Vicki1010 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Is there public transport available from the Greenwich Pier up the hill to the Observatory ?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • British Music Experience

by Rox_B Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Hi. I'm from outside the UK and I want to know if I can buy tickets for the British Music Experience at the entrance or if I have to book them in advance? Also, do you have to visit it at either 11am or 2pm? Or are you allowed access anytime between 11am-7:30pm?

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    • london-greenwich

by chighi Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

how can i reach from vittoria statio london, greenwich by train?

4 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • Train Travel

by aharri49 Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Hi All

I am visiting Greenwich june this year and am wondering what would be the best way to travel into London. I am hoping to visit the natural history museum and a few other tourist sites. Any help would be very welcome thanks in advance Tony.

6 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    • Help with plans to see greenwich in 24 hours

by herbshopgirl Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Hello,
      We will be arriving in Greenwich the afternoon of Sept 6th and leaving the next day by 3:00. We will be staying overnight on the cruise ship which is docked at the Greenwich peer. So we basically have the time after dinner on the 6th and most of the day on Sept 7th.
      Is Greenwich safe to walk around at night? Any areas we should avoid?
      I think most of the sites are closed by 5:30, any "must sees" for after dinner? We were thinking we would wander around and maybe have a beer(or two) at a local pub. We like to go where the locals go and not the tourist traps.
      The next day it looks like there will be plenty to keep us busy until 3.
      Is everything within walking distance of the cruise ship, we are traveling with my parents who are in their 70's. Any particular order you would see things in?
      I guess what I am mainly asking is if you had the limited time we have, how would you spend it in Greenwich.
      Thanks for all your help,
      Susan

• Harmony_here's Profile Photo

Accommodation

by Harmony_here Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 3:18 PM

I'd like to stay within easy reach of Greenwich but in a nice safe area. I've looked at hotel near Blackheath overlooking the heath but the reviews are terrible. Also looked at Docklands but this is quite pricey.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2006 at 2:47 AM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

Worth going to Greenwich only to see the Prime Meridian?

by ellielou Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 12:49 AM

hi London/Greenwich experts, Quick question: I'm taking a 3 day trip to London in a week and a half. My traveling companion, a geographer, really wants to go to Greenwich, mainly to see the Prime Meridian. Honestly, after reading about the place, I'm not too interested in the sites there (and had no desire to go my previous 2 trips to London), esp. for such a short trip. Anyway, I'm wondering: Is it worth going to Greenwich just for the Prime Meridian? And, one more question: is it possible to get there by Tube, w/o transferring to bus or commuter train line? (I've read conflicting things on this.) And, approx how long would this take from the Kensington area? Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ellen

22 Answers Feb 27, 2005 at 5:36 PM