Greenwich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Security clearance time

Heathrow 6 hours ago

I am travelling on a domestic flight from Hrathrow T5 to Edinburgh next week at about 5pm. How long is security clearance taking at the moment?

more
    • 24-hour Cafes Near Victoria station?

London 5 hours ago

Are there any 24-hour cafes near Victoria Station in London? If so, what are their names?

more
    • staying at london gatwick

London Yesterday

hi,,,anyone have a clue with regard to whats best to get for a party 0f 3 ad 1child....we are in london for a sat/sunday in october.....we will need to go gatwick/victoria...then tube it round london for both days....is it best to get a travel card?...or buy non express gatwick/victoria rail and use oysters for the tube?

more
    • Where do I clear customs

Heathrow Jun 21, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Flying from Istanbul to Cork, Ireland through Heathrow. Where will I clear customs?

more
    • ThamaraSD's Profile Photo

Afrobeat music in London ?

London Jul 6, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi everyone, where can one find concert venues or clubs that plays Afrobeat or similar music in London ? Thank you so much for your help .

more
    • Heathrow in the evening - Passport Control

Heathrow Jul 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I will be arriving into Heathrow Terminal 1 at 8:10 PM (20:10 PM). How long should I plan to clear passport control? I am not a European citizen.

more
    • daisy1970's Profile Photo

Check in at Heathrow T2

Heathrow Yesterday

With the new guidelines for electronics and flying to the US, should we allow more than three hours to be at heathrow before flight or three hour window sufficient?

more
    • Bally "Baljinder" Chohan

London Jul 1, 2014 at 4:11 AM

What is the easiest way to reach London from India?

more
    • Transferring at Heathrow Terminal 2 / need to go through passport control?

Heathrow Jun 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM

GF is a Thai citizen with a US 10 year visa. Flying TG to Heathrow Terminal 2, one hour layover and then on to Air Canada also flying from Terminal 2. Single ticket, baggage checked through. Does she need to go through passport control, or can she stay airside?

more
    • with British Airways 2 hours enough T1 to T3?

Heathrow Jun 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hello I have with British Airways (both Flights), I should have 2 hours to "go" from T1 to get the next flight in T3 is this time enough. It is on a Friday in the morning early.

Thanks for answers.

more
    • I am looking to buy 15 umbrellas for London's rain

London Jul 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Hello guys :)

I need to buy 15 umbrellas that can protect good from the rain, something strong that lasts. . . Of-course the price should be. best. Do you know in which shop will i find what i need ?

Asaf

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

International Cargo shipping

London Jul 6, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I need to ship few boxes part of my travel from London to Chennai, India. I wanted to know reliable authorized shipping companies from London who will take care of documentation, shipping, customs and delivery. Can I get some names and websites please?

more
    • Arriving Heathrow 7:00am T4--how busy is it and best way to get to T1

Heathrow Jul 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Hi--
      My daughter and I are arriving Heathrow T4 at 7:00 am; no checked luggage but have a separate (not through-ticket) flight to Edinburgh from T1. I didn't realize we needed so much time to transfer and we only have 2:15 minutes to transfer, and now I am panicking in reading these posts...
      How busy is Heathrow at 7? I know we have to go through immigration control and then go out to get transportation to T1; we will be sitting near the front of the plane and should be able to get off fairly quickly.
      We are flying in on Delta and our Edinburgh flight is Virgin Atlantic (they are partners now), but booked separately.
      Even though not officially "connecting"--if we have no luggage and are checked in and have a boarding pass can we get on the connector busses? . or do we need to get on the Heathrow express?
      Thank you for any advice in navigating this as quickly as possible.

more
    • Metting family in Layover time

Heathrow Jun 29, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi,

My sister is travelling from USA to Mumbai via London. She has a layover of 6 hrs at Heathrow airport. I would love to meet her as i haven't meet her from last 3 years. She cannot come out as he does not a UK VISA. Will it be possible for me to meet her some how. I am allowed to meet the passenger during their layover time inside the airport ? Please let me know its very important and urgent.

Thank you

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Things open New Year's Day?

London Jun 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Just wondering, are any of the following open New Year's Day--Harrods, liberty of London, serpentine grill, pret a manger? Thanks......

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Heathrow

London Jun 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Don't know exactly where to post this but have left it here and will be advised
      Just a general info really and possible will be common knowledge
      Was at T1 LHR this morning and was told by an official that T2 is hoping to be fully on stream (only partially at the moment) In October and then T1 will be closed.
      So please note that anyone who regularly uses T1 (me!!!!) it will change from October so double check when booking

more
    • Travel around London with an overnight trip to Liverpool

London Jul 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I am meeting my partner in London as he is already there for a conference. I am traveling with his mother who is originally from England but has not been home in 43 years. Walking at times can be difficult and she is taking a walker with her. What are the best options for the following:
      Travel from Heathrow terminal 4 to Canary Warf area
      Travel from Canary Warf area to Liverpool
      Travel from Liverpool to Heathrow Terminal 4

We also plan on using the Tube for 4 days of sight seeing while in London prior to going to Liverpool. Sights I know we will be seeing are the London Eye, on/off bus tour for starters.

more
    • janiesgotagun's Profile Photo

FInding a flat in london - how would go about it

London Jul 6, 2014 at 3:16 AM

i am travelling to the uk for 6 month... i hear it like new york and apartments are hard to comeby. Do you live in london? how would you go about finding a flat with a roomate?

more
    • Day passes for Underground London

London Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Hi, would like to understand the underground & bus in London. I will be staying in London for 5 days near St Pancras in November. My queries:
      a) how much is the day pass?
      b) can i use it for the metro, bus & underground?
      c) will i save if is buy day pass or 5 day pass?
      d) can i get the day pass from Heathrow?
      thanks

more
    • 241 offers vs. booking online prior to arrival

London Jul 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Hi, going to be in London with 2 kids (young teens) during last week of July. Wondering benefit of booking tickets ahead at Hampton Court, vs. using the 241 option when there. I'm not interested in saving a few dollars if it means we need to stand in line for an hour. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

more
    • Mother traveling with child

Heathrow Jul 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM

what do I need at the airport when I travel with one or both of my children? Do I need some sort of letter from my husband that he is OK for me to travel with them?

more
    • renting a car in London or around

London Jun 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hello every body :)

I'm looking to rent a Wagon car in London or around (Flexible), but its important to me to have the ability to pay in cash cause we are a few friends traveling and its easier for us to split join the payments. (we want to rent it for around 3 months.)
      if someone knows a small company of car hire that can be more flexible with us please let me know.

Thanks a lot !
      Talko.

more
    • UK connecting flight after arriving back from US

Heathrow Jun 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM

After a two-week trip to the US, we are flying back to heathrow before connecting with a flight back to Leeds. Will the bags go to the connecting flight or will we have to clear customs at heathrow and then check them in again for the connecting flight?

more
    • Can I leave Terminal 5 during my layover for other terminals?

Heathrow Yesterday

Can I leave Terminal 5 to go to other terminals to access their lounges during my 7 hour layover on BA between Seattle and Cape Town?

more
    • Indian Restaurants in London

London Jul 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

The best place for indian food in London. Can anyone help me out???

more
    • Transport around Greenwich

by Vicki1010 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Is there public transport available from the Greenwich Pier up the hill to the Observatory ?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • British Music Experience

by Rox_B Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Hi. I'm from outside the UK and I want to know if I can buy tickets for the British Music Experience at the entrance or if I have to book them in advance? Also, do you have to visit it at either 11am or 2pm? Or are you allowed access anytime between 11am-7:30pm?

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    • london-greenwich

by chighi Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

how can i reach from vittoria statio london, greenwich by train?

4 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • Train Travel

by aharri49 Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Hi All

I am visiting Greenwich june this year and am wondering what would be the best way to travel into London. I am hoping to visit the natural history museum and a few other tourist sites. Any help would be very welcome thanks in advance Tony.

6 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    • Help with plans to see greenwich in 24 hours

by herbshopgirl Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Hello,
      We will be arriving in Greenwich the afternoon of Sept 6th and leaving the next day by 3:00. We will be staying overnight on the cruise ship which is docked at the Greenwich peer. So we basically have the time after dinner on the 6th and most of the day on Sept 7th.
      Is Greenwich safe to walk around at night? Any areas we should avoid?
      I think most of the sites are closed by 5:30, any "must sees" for after dinner? We were thinking we would wander around and maybe have a beer(or two) at a local pub. We like to go where the locals go and not the tourist traps.
      The next day it looks like there will be plenty to keep us busy until 3.
      Is everything within walking distance of the cruise ship, we are traveling with my parents who are in their 70's. Any particular order you would see things in?
      I guess what I am mainly asking is if you had the limited time we have, how would you spend it in Greenwich.
      Thanks for all your help,
      Susan

• Harmony_here's Profile Photo

Accommodation

by Harmony_here Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 3:18 PM

I'd like to stay within easy reach of Greenwich but in a nice safe area. I've looked at hotel near Blackheath overlooking the heath but the reviews are terrible. Also looked at Docklands but this is quite pricey.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2006 at 2:47 AM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

Worth going to Greenwich only to see the Prime Meridian?

by ellielou Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 12:49 AM

hi London/Greenwich experts, Quick question: I'm taking a 3 day trip to London in a week and a half. My traveling companion, a geographer, really wants to go to Greenwich, mainly to see the Prime Meridian. Honestly, after reading about the place, I'm not too interested in the sites there (and had no desire to go my previous 2 trips to London), esp. for such a short trip. Anyway, I'm wondering: Is it worth going to Greenwich just for the Prime Meridian? And, one more question: is it possible to get there by Tube, w/o transferring to bus or commuter train line? (I've read conflicting things on this.) And, approx how long would this take from the Kensington area? Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ellen

22 Answers Feb 27, 2005 at 5:36 PM