Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurants with fairy lights.

London Nov 22, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Hi there, so my question isn't really a travel related question at all it's actually just about dining in London.. I'm trying to be very picky but I'm looking for a nice romantic restaurant of any cuisine that is decorated with fairy lights, now I know this sounds crazy but my parter has wanted to go to a restaurant of this description for some time and I just haven't been able to find anywhere. Somewhere that uses fairy lights to decorate the inside of the restaurant or even the trees around the building and things like that.. I really hope someone can help me! Thank you all for reading!

• Night out near wembley post concert

London Nov 7, 2015 at 7:16 AM

I am going to a concert in Wembley on a Saturday night and I would like to go out afterwards... My question is where can I stay so there is nearby access to it worth staying nearer the city?or should I stay near the arena and go out around there?sorry I really don't know the area at all but will be travelling by tube. Any advice would be really appreciated!

• Do I need a VIsa

Heathrow Nov 18, 2015 at 7:40 PM

So I booked my flight from DME (Moscow) to Boston and i have a 2 hour layover in Heathrow. I was wondering if I will need to change the airport or to get out from the gate? Will a need a transit visa? I am a citizen of Vietnam

• New Visitor to London

London Nov 29, 2015 at 1:23 PM

My question is odd. i am coming to London to spend my Christmas and New year Holidays. How to find friends in London to spend good time as its will be my first time time to Uk. i prefer mixed group of friends or female girls. i am student in Norway.
      Also i want to ask kindly mention me some of important attractions in London. Does they offer any student discounts on tickets.

• Transfer between T4 to T 5

Heathrow Yesterday

Hello, I am an Indian Passport holder also holding an Netherlands(EU format) residance Permit Card. I have a flight from HYD - DOHA (QATAR Airways), DOHA - LHR T4 (QATAR Airways), LHR T5 to AMSTERDAM (BRITISH AIRWAYS). transit time is less than 2 hrs.

Could you please let me know if I require a Transit or air side Transit visa ? 

QATAR and BA are in one world alliance.

• Arrival @ Gatwick (Monday, 7:30am), connecting @ Heathrow (8pm)

Heathrow Nov 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Hi, we are a family of 5 (2A3C). Need help on what we can do in the 12 hours between connection and advise on transport and luggage. Thanks!

• Transit visa

Heathrow Nov 28, 2015 at 3:03 AM

My son is a student with Indian passport in Netherlands with a resident permit. How to check if it is a Common Format Resident Permit? He has to change flights in Heathrow also collect his bags for flight to Amsterdam. Does he need a Transit visa?

• is it possible for domestic traveller to meet a international traveller at heathrow terminal 5.

Heathrow Nov 27, 2015 at 10:24 AM

My brother is travlling from Bergen (Norway) to Mumbai with transiting at Heathrow for 8 hrs. I was planning to travel from Leeds to Heathrow terminal 5 (Domestic flight) around the same time.

Are domestic and international zone passanger zones connected. Is it possible for me to go to international zone. My brother, won't be able to come out as he does have UK visa.

Your suggestions would be very helpful...

• Connecting from AA to BA with checked bags

Heathrow Yesterday

I am arriving from the US on AA into Terminal 3 and departing T3 on BA to Dublin issued as one ticket. Will checked bags go all through. Will I do customs in London or Dublin?

• Can I use Flight Connections Bus-separate tickets and no checked bags?

Heathrow Nov 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM

I have two separate tickets--Virgin Atlantic from the U.S. to LHR arriving Terminal 3 and then a British Airways flight from Terminal 5 to Brussels. No checked baggage and I'll have my boarding pass for BA flight with me (on phone and paper backup). Can I use the "Flight Connections" path and bus to transfer to Terminal 5? Or must I follow the "Arrivals" path and then have to get over to Terminal 5 on my own via Tube or Heathrow Express?

• Time needed for next flight.

Heathrow Yesterday

My son booked a ticket through a travel agent.He is arriving from India to Heathrow by Air India at 11-30 and next flight from Gatwick to Amsterdam by BA at 15:50. I dont think he has enough time to go trough passport control & reach Gatwick. So I think a separate ticket from Heathrow to Amsterdam is safer. Both flights from terminal 4 but he needs to go through passport control, baggage claim then check in again. Please advise if this is a better plan & how much time needed for transfer. Sorry for the long message and thank you in advance.

• Transport around Greenwich

by Vicki1010 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Is there public transport available from the Greenwich Pier up the hill to the Observatory ?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • British Music Experience

by Rox_B Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Hi. I'm from outside the UK and I want to know if I can buy tickets for the British Music Experience at the entrance or if I have to book them in advance? Also, do you have to visit it at either 11am or 2pm? Or are you allowed access anytime between 11am-7:30pm?

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    • london-greenwich

by chighi Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

how can i reach from vittoria statio london, greenwich by train?

4 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • Train Travel

by aharri49 Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Hi All

I am visiting Greenwich june this year and am wondering what would be the best way to travel into London. I am hoping to visit the natural history museum and a few other tourist sites. Any help would be very welcome thanks in advance Tony.

6 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    • Help with plans to see greenwich in 24 hours

by herbshopgirl Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM

We will be arriving in Greenwich the afternoon of Sept 6th and leaving the next day by 3:00. We will be staying overnight on the cruise ship which is docked at the Greenwich peer. So we basically have the time after dinner on the 6th and most of the day on Sept 7th.
      Is Greenwich safe to walk around at night? Any areas we should avoid?
      I think most of the sites are closed by 5:30, any "must sees" for after dinner? We were thinking we would wander around and maybe have a beer(or two) at a local pub. We like to go where the locals go and not the tourist traps.
      The next day it looks like there will be plenty to keep us busy until 3.
      Is everything within walking distance of the cruise ship, we are traveling with my parents who are in their 70's. Any particular order you would see things in?
      I guess what I am mainly asking is if you had the limited time we have, how would you spend it in Greenwich.
      Thanks for all your help,

• Harmony_here's Profile Photo

by Harmony_here Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 3:18 PM

I'd like to stay within easy reach of Greenwich but in a nice safe area. I've looked at hotel near Blackheath overlooking the heath but the reviews are terrible. Also looked at Docklands but this is quite pricey.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2006 at 2:47 AM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

Worth going to Greenwich only to see the Prime Meridian?

by ellielou Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 12:49 AM

hi London/Greenwich experts, Quick question: I'm taking a 3 day trip to London in a week and a half. My traveling companion, a geographer, really wants to go to Greenwich, mainly to see the Prime Meridian. Honestly, after reading about the place, I'm not too interested in the sites there (and had no desire to go my previous 2 trips to London), esp. for such a short trip. Anyway, I'm wondering: Is it worth going to Greenwich just for the Prime Meridian? And, one more question: is it possible to get there by Tube, w/o transferring to bus or commuter train line? (I've read conflicting things on this.) And, approx how long would this take from the Kensington area? Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ellen

22 Answers Feb 27, 2005 at 5:36 PM