Travel Answers
Greenwich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Have you ever bought limited view tickets for Billy Elliot?

London May 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hi I want to see Billy Elliot and I am getting a price of 38-47 pounds to see the play in limited view seats (second floor, first row)(london box office is selling the tickets). have you ever been there at Victoria Palace? Do you think it will be ok? Thank you!!

more
    • terminal two bag transfer

Heathrow May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

Heathrow 3 hours ago

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

Heathrow May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

more
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

Heathrow May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

Heathrow May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

more
    • Fare for china airlines

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • Airport to Airport

London Apr 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I want to get to Heathrow from London's City airport. Suggestions?

more
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

Heathrow May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

more
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Transfer from Southampton to London Center

London May 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

How is the best and least expensive way to get from Southampton Cruise Terminal to London Center. Thanks.

more
    • Terminal 5 no lounge

Heathrow Apr 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM

We are looking at booking a lounge but there are none in terminal 5
      Could we use a lounge in another terminal

more
    • popsottery's Profile Photo

Travel to london

London Apr 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM

We are travelling to London next week to 'hopefully' sort out our Russian visa's. We are driving up from the south west along the a303 and m3. Does anyone know a good place to park on the outskirts of London so we can catch the train in. We could catch the train from Exeter but for 4 of us I would need to sell the house to pay for it.

more
    • VincentW's Profile Photo

Twin bed hotelroom

London Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Hi.

I will be visiting London the 23th and 24th of May. Coming from Harwich to Stratford and am looking for a budget hotel with twin bed hotelroom (2 single beds). Budget is around 100 pounds maximum and looking for a pretty central place near a tubestation. Any tips near for example Kings Cross or Stratford and maybe a hidden gem?

Thank you! :)

more
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

cheapest way to travel from the airport Heathrow to Liverpool?

London May 15, 2015 at 2:00 AM

What is the cheapest way to do it? I am not sure at what time I will be arriving to heathrow. Is it ok to buy the ticket for the transport directly at the airport? Thank you for your help

more
    • Dodo22's Profile Photo

Public transport options from Heathrow to Windsor Holiday Apartments - 73 High Street, >London N8

London Apr 23, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Hi - we are a party of 4 arriving at Heathrow and wanting to travel by public transport, or door to door shuttle if possible, to the Windsor Holiday Apartments - 73 High Street, >London N8 with as few changes as possible. It would be wonderful if someone could let us know. Thank you.

more
    • jezzcortezz's Profile Photo

CAN I TRAVEL ALL THESE COUNTIRES IN 4 WEEKS

London May 19, 2015 at 9:07 PM

Hey guys,
      I am travelling to Europe for 4 weeks
      in October and need some information about the best way to travel around and some info? :)
      I am landing in London first

and the places and i am wanting to visit

London

Barcelona

Switzerland

Germany

Italy

Austria

France

Thank you

more
    • arrive before visa valid date

Heathrow May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Good day. Can you please help me with this query. I have bought tickets from Russia to London for 11th May and will be arriving to London at 9 PM. the problem is that my visa starts from 12th July, which 3 hours later from my actual arrival. Will it be a problem? I thought that until I get to Customs Border, stand in the long que it will be 00.00 already. Can you please help!!! My tickets are not refundable and don't know what to do. Just now realized that it may a cause a problem in the airport or won't?

more
    • US citizens flying into LHR, then on to NCL

Heathrow May 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Hi, We are flying into LHR and my 2 kids are US citizens (adults). I'm a British citizen. How much time should we allow between arrival flight and domestic departing flight to Newcastle? Is 2 1/2 hours enough time?

more
    • margaretmcguffin's Profile Photo

Other things to do.

London May 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM

We have been several times to London and seen the usual things. Can anyone suggest other things to do, places to go and see?

more
    • Do we need transit visa for UK?

Heathrow Apr 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM

We are travelling from Dubai to Lisbon (Europe).
      We have Portugal residence permit.
      We will reach from Dubai to London Heathrow, at terminal 5. After 6 hours we have flight from London Heathrow, terminal 3 to Lisbon. (same on Return)

My question is;
      1. Do we need a UK transit or Direct Air/Aisle visa?
      2. Will we cross any UK border from terminal 5 to terminal 3 or vice versa?

Advice!

more
    • Accomodation between Heathrow Airport and tourist attractions on a budget

London May 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM

My husband and I will visit London between 14-19 June. Our budget is about 500 pounds for a comfortable room with attached bathroom. Its good to be near a station as we intend to buy the suggested Oyster Card. It should be easy to get to Heathrow airport conveniently and cheaply. It should also be easy to get to tourist spots like Buckingham Palace, London Bridge. Surrounding place should have some shops like supermart or convenience store.
      We have been looking at websites but don't have much idea of the locations and the safety about the distrIct. Any map of London with train stations indicated? Hope to hear some replies soon :)
      Thanks
      Fran

more
    • Where to stay

London May 10, 2015 at 2:21 PM

We are first time travelers to England this summer and want to know the best place to stay in london to see the most important sights? Thanks!

more
    • Is an hour layover enough to change flight at heathrow airport

Heathrow May 3, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Me and my mum will be flying to us from delhi and have a layover of an hour only..We were wondering if that time is enough ..Also my mum cannot walk that fast ..so we were thinking of booking a wheelchair.so will i be allowed to accompany my mum.. my mum is 53 years old and i am 17 yrs old

more
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Car rental

London Apr 26, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Hello all,

We will be flying into UK this weekend with a 11 month old baby (stroller) and were wondering which one is a better and cheaper option to use - Zipcar vs Subway vs (sixt.co.uk/avis/hertz)?? We get to Heathrow and need to get to Islington. Is renting a car from zipcar or any other traditional car hire make sense?

Another transportation query - If we take the Subway, would it be easy to travel from Heathrow to Islington with a baby, stroller and our luggage or would it make sense to rent a car? Is the Subway stroller friendly?

Thanks for your help in advance!
      Ali

more
    • Transport around Greenwich

by Vicki1010 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Is there public transport available from the Greenwich Pier up the hill to the Observatory ?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    • British Music Experience

by Rox_B Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Hi. I'm from outside the UK and I want to know if I can buy tickets for the British Music Experience at the entrance or if I have to book them in advance? Also, do you have to visit it at either 11am or 2pm? Or are you allowed access anytime between 11am-7:30pm?

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    • london-greenwich

by chighi Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 10:26 PM

how can i reach from vittoria statio london, greenwich by train?

4 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    • Train Travel

by aharri49 Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Hi All

I am visiting Greenwich june this year and am wondering what would be the best way to travel into London. I am hoping to visit the natural history museum and a few other tourist sites. Any help would be very welcome thanks in advance Tony.

6 Answers Apr 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    • Help with plans to see greenwich in 24 hours

by herbshopgirl Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Hello,
      We will be arriving in Greenwich the afternoon of Sept 6th and leaving the next day by 3:00. We will be staying overnight on the cruise ship which is docked at the Greenwich peer. So we basically have the time after dinner on the 6th and most of the day on Sept 7th.
      Is Greenwich safe to walk around at night? Any areas we should avoid?
      I think most of the sites are closed by 5:30, any "must sees" for after dinner? We were thinking we would wander around and maybe have a beer(or two) at a local pub. We like to go where the locals go and not the tourist traps.
      The next day it looks like there will be plenty to keep us busy until 3.
      Is everything within walking distance of the cruise ship, we are traveling with my parents who are in their 70's. Any particular order you would see things in?
      I guess what I am mainly asking is if you had the limited time we have, how would you spend it in Greenwich.
      Thanks for all your help,
      Susan

• Harmony_here's Profile Photo

Accommodation

by Harmony_here Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 3:18 PM

I'd like to stay within easy reach of Greenwich but in a nice safe area. I've looked at hotel near Blackheath overlooking the heath but the reviews are terrible. Also looked at Docklands but this is quite pricey.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2006 at 2:47 AM
    • ellielou's Profile Photo

Worth going to Greenwich only to see the Prime Meridian?

by ellielou Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 12:49 AM

hi London/Greenwich experts, Quick question: I'm taking a 3 day trip to London in a week and a half. My traveling companion, a geographer, really wants to go to Greenwich, mainly to see the Prime Meridian. Honestly, after reading about the place, I'm not too interested in the sites there (and had no desire to go my previous 2 trips to London), esp. for such a short trip. Anyway, I'm wondering: Is it worth going to Greenwich just for the Prime Meridian? And, one more question: is it possible to get there by Tube, w/o transferring to bus or commuter train line? (I've read conflicting things on this.) And, approx how long would this take from the Kensington area? Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ellen

22 Answers Feb 27, 2005 at 5:36 PM