Greenland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Gas for Jetboil Stove

Greenland May 28, 2014 at 6:07 AM

anyone know if i will be able to pick some up in Kangerlussuaq when i come to walk the ACT in September?

N

1 Answer May 30, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    • Proper clothing?

Nuuk May 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Hello, I am visiting Nuuk for the first time next week for two days. I won't be leaving the city. I was wondering if anyone had any advice with regards to clothing? Should I take a big heavy arctic coat and waterproof walking boots? Or do the locals move around fine with a normal jacket and shoes? Thanks!

1 Answer May 8, 2014 at 2:12 AM
    • sakura200's Profile Photo

Dog Sledding

Uummannaq Dec 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Can you go dog sledding in Uummannaq?

4 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Greenland of nuuk

Greenland Dec 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM

is nuuk the capitol?

4 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 2:00 PM

sun time in greenland

Greenland Dec 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM

do people up in greenland celebrate "Return of the Sun"?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM

how dogs act between people?

Greenland Dec 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

how do sled dogs act around other people besides their owners?

4 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    • daibach999's Profile Photo

What Clothing

Kangerlussuaq Aug 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I will be flying into Kangerlussuaq on the 30th Aug and ive never been here before, I need to know what clothing to bring ? I will be working their for 13 days so any help be great thanks

2 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    • Nuuk camping

Nuuk Jun 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I have been told by the tourist office that there are two places suitable for camping but am unsure exactly where they are. Do you have any in formation or suggestions please?

Thanks

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    • roundtrip time and km to hike Little Marlene

Nuuk May 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM

how long roundtrip to hike Little Marlene. Where does the trail start and is it well marked?

1 Answer May 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    • transfer from cruise dock to airport---taxis?? What to see?

Kangerlussuaq May 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Are their taxis to get from the cruise dock to airport and how far and how much? Is there anything to see in Kangerlussuaq?

6 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • walking time from cruise port to old part of city

Nuuk May 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM

How long does it take to walk from the cruise port to the old part of the city?

1 Answer May 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    • Guide Book

Greenland Feb 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hi Guys,

I am planning a trip to greenland, can anyone recommend a good guide book?

I have tried in vain to get the lonely planet greenland and arctic guidebook published in 2005, but they are too expensive second hand.

Perhaps someone can recommend an alternative, or maybe has a copy of the LP guide they would be willing to sell?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gavin.

11 Answers Feb 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    • Kulusuk or Tasiilaq?

Greenland Aug 24, 2011 at 3:33 AM

I will spend about 30 hours in Kulusuk (from 10am to 4pm next day) on the 30th of August. Do you think I should take the helicopter to Tasiilaq and spend the time there instead? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    • where to purchase a cell phone for local use

Kulusuk Jul 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hello,

I am helping a friend with pre production for a video project that will be taking place in Kulusuk in early August. I am wondering if someone can tell me where she might be able to purchase a local cell phone to make local calls with? I imagine one might be available for purchase at a local post office but would love to confirm this and or/hear of other suggestions.

Thank you!!

1 Answer May 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    • Apartment rentals Nuuk / arbejdesformidling

Nuuk Jul 5, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Hello,

I am trying to help a US friend with getting a place to rent in Nuuk. He will be there for 4 months and will also be working.

How do I contact the local job center ?

Where can one find rental properties for about 4 months ?

thanks Everybody for your assistance.

• Visiting Nuuk and Nanortalik at the beginning of September, 2011

Greenland May 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Sorry,this is a repeat, I posted it in another forum by mistake.

Cruising to Nuuk and Nanortalik, GreenlandPosted: Mon May 2, 2011 09:00 PM EDT Hi,
      My friends and I will be cruising to these 2 cities at the beginning of September. As you can imagine, I have a lot of questions as to what to expect. I am very excited about visiting Greenland, so any info about either of these ports would be greatly appreciated.

We will be spending 9AM to 6PM in Nuuk. Any suggestions as to how to get around, and if there are other interesting things to see out of the city. Can you get private tours with a taxi or van? How about shopping? And what special things should I look for to purchase (I love to shop on my vacations to find special items that represent the country i am visiting.)

We will be visiting Nanortalik from 7AM to 4PM. I understand that there are no tours available from our ship and that the towns people present programs for the visitors. Once again, is there something I should see outside of the city that I would be able to get to easily. I love to look at scenery and special points of interest.

Any information or help that you could give me I would truly appreciate. I know weather is unpredictable, but should I bring a winter jacket and gloves?

Thanks-you so much. Linda

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

2 Answers May 4, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    • Aasiaat?, Qeqertqrsuaq? or Ililissat?

Aasiaat Jul 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM

What to do in Aasiaat? Is it better to stay on in Qeqertarsuaq, or Ilulissat?

• What to do in Qaqortog

Qaqortoq Jul 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Will be spending one day in Qaqortog in August on a cruise. Can we see the town by walking? If we want to take the boat trip, will we be able to get it the day we arrive or should we try to reserve before we get there? The cruise line does not offer any tours so everyone who wants to go ashore will arrive at the same time. Thanks for any help you might offer. :)

• booking a tour in Ilulissat and arround

Ilulissat Mar 29, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Hello,
      I will be in Ilulissat 3 days in July and just need to know in I should already book tours to Eqi, a midnight boat, etc... or I can do it when I arrive?

they always tell me that maybe in the summer there are all going to be over booking and they cant prommise me i can book.

if you also can advise me how to plain 3 days over there I'll be thankfull

thanks

Alon

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Visiting Nuuk end of March 2010

Greenland Feb 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Planning a short trip at the end of March 2010. Antone likley to be in or around Nuuk at that time.

1 Answer Mar 28, 2010 at 5:54 AM
    • Narsarsuaq or Nuuk

Greenland Dec 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM

We are about 40 years old and plan to travel for 3-5 days in greenland in the next summer.
      we are looking for a beautiful and special place, to have short treks arround and to find also the local culture.

what do you suggest us - Narsarsuaq or Nuuk, or maybe some other place (maybe Kulusuk)
      thank you and Merry Christams

• 5 days in Grenland

Greenland Nov 15, 2009 at 2:30 AM

hello,
      I am new in here and plan to be in Greenland in the summer
      please help me plan a 5 days trip - where to stay and where to travel (and how to travel - boat, walk, helicopter....)
      how much should it cost to me?

thanks

3 Answers Nov 18, 2009 at 12:36 AM
    • Early Stages

Greenland Nov 4, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Hello all--
      I am in the very early stages of planning an around the world trip. I would love to make a stop in both Greenland and Iceland if possible but I don't know much about where to fly from/which cities to visit etc. From my understanding it is possible to fly to Iceland from Canada but not Greenland? I'm just wondering if anyone has insights on the cheapest way to get to these countries? Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 13, 2009 at 6:59 AM
    • helicopter tour of ice sheet

Nuuk Jun 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM

What is the price of a helicopter tour of the ice sheet from Nuuk?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2009 at 11:32 PM
    • Palisanteri's Profile Photo

mytravelacces

Nuuk Jun 12, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Hi,
      I just wanted to ask, if anyone has experience if this internet connection works also in Nuuk, Greenland.
      I have asked from supprot of that site, didn´t get any answer.

http://www.mytravelaccess.com/

best reagrds, palisanteri

• chris1275's Profile Photo

Greenland information

Greenland May 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Hi there,
      I'm off to Greenland (Kulusuk) in 2 weeks and I have a few questions:

--Can I use Euros, or do I definitely have to change to Danish kroner?

--What type of clothes should I take with me? Will it be extremely cold, or more like north Europe in the winter?

Thanks,
      Chris

3 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    • mariaep's Profile Photo

Flights to greenland

Greenland May 8, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Hi,

Does anybody knows which is the cheappest way to fly to Greenland from Europe?. I can only find one company (Air Greenland) flying there. Thank you very much in advance

Maria

2 Answers May 9, 2009 at 1:24 AM
    • eric_brok's Profile Photo

advice

Greenland Apr 13, 2009 at 3:01 AM

hi all,

I like to have a visit to Greenland in the near future. I started looking around, what's the best way to experience this beautiful part of the eart. What are must do's? The country is so big, so you have to make discissions about an active walking or a more sightseeing trip. Or am I wrong?
      What is the most beautiful part of Greenland, and maybe more important, where do you really get the Greenland experience (for a reasonable price, because it will be expensive anyway)?. I know it's subjective, but I am grateful to any advice. Iam not interested in high comfort trips, but I guess there won't be a lot.

many thanks,

Eric Brok (Netherlands)

2 Answers Apr 26, 2009 at 3:02 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

ATM in Greenland

Greenland Apr 12, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Dear fellow travellers,

Ì want to know if there are ATMs in Greenland.
      I use the Maestro Mastercard one.
      That's the one with te blue and red balls.

I will travel in June to Kangerlussuaq, Assiaat en Illilussat.

Hope to hear from you

Tobias from the Netherlands

• Boat transfer Kangerlussuag

Greenland Jan 16, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Hi all,

I am searching a boat transfer this summer from Kangerlussuag 60km down the Söndre Strömfjord.
      Do you know any companies/private persons who provide that? I already tried Kangerlussuag Tourism but they say they can't help me.

Thanks and best regards,

Carsten

5 Answers Jan 18, 2009 at 12:48 AM