Greece Travel Answers

change location

Australia to Greece RT, June/July 2005

by seattlesmiley Online Now Jan 20, 2005 at 8:43 PM

We are in the early stages of planning a trip from Sydney, Australia to Rhodes, Greece at the end of June. Here's what we are planning: All together there will be 8 of us travelling, my sister-in-law's family (4 people) will be flying Sydney-Athens-Rhodes, spend 5 wekks there & visit some other islands too) and then back to Sydney. My family (2 adults + children age 8 & 12) will be flying Sydney-Athens-Rhodes, for approx 3 weeks travel around some of the islands in Greece and then fly to the USA for approx 3 weeks and then return to Sydney. So the question is, would it be better to find a Round the World airfare or does anyone know of special deals flying from Australia-Greece-USA-Australia??? Is there such a thing as an 'Air Pass" or 'Ferry Pass' within Greece? I've only just begun my travel research and any advice, recommendations or links are appreciated soooo much. THANK YOU!!!! :) Susan

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Australia to Greece RT, June/July 2005

by Tracey78 Online Now Jan 20, 2005 at 11:30 PM

Hi, I am planning roughly the same trip. You can get your ferry pass through the train services in Europe. I am going through Flightcentre and they have all the information relating to that. Basically you can get a ferry from the mainland of Greece to Bori in Italy and then get the train to Rome and keep on going. I was planning to fly out of Athens but there were some problems getting the plane to Sydney from there. However, Austrian Air has cheap flights from Sydney and you can fly out of a number of airports, except Athens!! It is frustrating. Flightcentre have helped me heaps and the trains are cheap and fast. There are ferries to the islands regularly apparently. Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Australia to Greece RT, June/July 2005

by seattlesmiley Online Now Jan 20, 2005 at 11:37 PM

Thanks Tracey! I called Flight Centre after my original post and they were as helpful as usual :) (in a good way) They told me about the Discover Europe Travel Expo for Feb 5 in Sydney (Darling Harbour) - apparently they offer all the best airfares then, if you can put a deposit down at the same time. We'll be checking it out on the day and in the meantime, i'm busy doing online research. Thanks again for your reply. Just need to get some recommendations on good ferries there seem to be many choices?? :) Susan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Greece Travel Answer Locations