change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MiriamT's Profile Photo

Suggestions for fishing

Costa Rica 15 hours ago

Will be in Samara July 15-18. My daughter would love to go fishing. can anyone recommend anyone good for this service?
      Thank you!!

more

Samara fishing

Costa Rica Jul 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Does anyone know a good contact for fishing in Samara?

more

Advise for staying in Nosara

Costa Rica Jul 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Staying at Mango B&B in Nosara July 15-18th. My daughter would like to go fishing. Does anyone know someone to contact that offers that services. Also any suggestions you have for activities would be be appreciated. We will not have a car so hoping to most things by foot.
      Thank you!

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Monteverde Tours

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Has anyone ever used Monteverde Tours please?

more
    • Tres Amigos Villas

Provincia de Puntarenas Jun 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? Thinking about booking but it states mangrove area towards rear of property which has me envisioning mosquitos everywhere.

more
    • Rio Celeste in rainy season

Costa Rica Jun 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM

This may sound a bit silly...but is Rio Celeste still blue (like in the pictures ;-O) during the rainy season, or after heavy rainfall? Or is it muddy and yellowish?
      I could go mid-july, not the heaviest of rain yet, I have been told...

more

Shuttle from San Jose airport to Monteverde

Costa Rica Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM

There are so many choices for shuttles from San Jose to Monteverde does anyone have a recommendation on a specific one they have used?

more

Places to stay in Samara

Costa Rica Jun 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Have decided to stay on Pacific coast. What do you think of Samara and recommendations for places to stay. Will be arriving July 12th from Monteverde.

more

Travel to Cahuita

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

We are looking to go to Cahuita after leaving Monte Verde. What is the best/economical way to get there? Public bus? We would like to go later in the afternoon so we don't wast a whole day traveling. Also we would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay and what your suggestions would be on things to do. Thank you all so much for your advise and suggestions!!

more
    • First time to Costa Rica, my 12 day itinerary....tips/suggestions ?

Costa Rica Jun 11, 2014 at 8:36 PM

We are hoping to spend approx 12 days in CR. This is what we have planned so far.
      Fly into SJO, stay 1 night. Fly down to the OSA peninsula and stay at an eco lodge for 4 nights. We will fly out from PJ to SJO to Arenal (same day), and stay that night at Arenal Observatory Lodge. Stay at Arenal Observatory Lodge for 3 nights. Than, take a shuttle to Monteverde, and stay 2 nights(any hotel recommendations in Monteverde?). Fly to SJO, stay 1 night. Next day fly out.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions? I figure we don't need to stay at a beach place, since the eco lodge will have a beach. Also, since arenal/monteverde are in the middle of the country, it's far from the coast. Is there too much overlap in Arenal/Monteverde? Should I go to one and not the other? Anywhere we should visit that's not on the above list? We feel going to the northern part of the country is too far, unless someone can tell me otherwise :) Thanks for the help.

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Boat from Los Chiles to Caño Negro?

Costa Rica Jun 25, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is it possible to go by boat instead of bus in the rainy season from Los Chiles to Caño Negro? I read somewhere about it but can’t find it anymore.

more
    • Safety in Manuel Antonio

Quepos Jun 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Is Manuel Antonio safe?

more
    • Safe for a woman traveling alone in San Jose?

San José Jun 17, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I'm trying to plan a trip to Costa Rica. I wanted to stay in Arenal, but the hotel is in San Jose. Is it safe for a woman traveling alone to stay in San Jose and take a day trip by bus to Arenal, La Fortuna, etc.? Also, has the Asian Striped Tiger mosquito become a problem in Costa Rica? ~Thanks!

more

transportation

Costa Rica Jul 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Still having trouble with transportation issues from San Jose to Monteverde and then from Monteverde to Samara. Back to airport from Samara. The $150 x 2( to MV then from Samara) for the shuttle is more than we would like to spend and don't mind the public bus but can we easily tell which ones to change to during the changes. For car rental how bad are the roads to and in Monteverde? Any suggestions or anyone wanting to share transportation July 11 to Monteverde?

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Tour Guides for Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Going to Costa Rica next year and would like to cut out the UK Tour Companies. Does anyone know of, or had experience of local Tour Companies in Costa Rica please?

We want to go to Arenal Volcano NP, Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, Manuel Antonio and other places.

more

Caribbean or Pacific

Costa Rica Jun 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Just would like to ask your opinion on which beach you would recommend, the ones on the Caribbean side or Pacific side.  I know the Caribbean side will be further from Monteverde, but have heard they are a little less crowed.  Just would love your input/suggestions on which beaches you recommend and also places to stay that you recommend.  Do you know anything about Los Pinos Cabanas y Jardines in Monreverde?  I appreciate all  your help and suggestions!

Thank you

more