change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Greater Manchester Travel Answer Locations

• distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

3 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    • coronation street

Manchester Mar 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

how long does it take to get to coronation street from manchester piccadilly.how much in a taxi.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • Blahnix's Profile Photo

Terminal 1 or 3

Manchester Mar 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Hi, Does anyone know which terminal in Manchester airport I would leave from this coming Saturday, flying to Lyon, France.
      My booking confirmation states T.3 but the reminder email I received states T.1 which leaves me confused.
      I have looked on the site and it states T.3. I have tried to telephone but after holding for 20 minutes had to give up holding so, please, please if anyone has flown to France from Manchester airport recently, with easyJet please ease my mind and let me know ASAP.
      Many thanks

10 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • SusanfromCanada's Profile Photo

Transportation and attractions in Manchester?

Manchester Mar 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Hello,
      After we get off the train at Manchester, Picadilly, how far is it to the set of Coronation Street and what type of transportation do you recommend to get there? Do you recommend certain attractions as must see in Manchester?

18 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Trains and planes

Manchester Feb 11, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I'm starting to get my UK adventure booked and this is what we're doing (I think). I'm flying into Edinburgh and then will travel to Manchester where I will meet Mr. Dabs and pick up a car.

1) where should we pick up the car? Airport? Train station? (if we take the train back to London)
      2) what's the best way for me to get between Edinburgh & Manchester? Are advance tickets much cheaper?

Then we will meander through England, Wales and then loop back up to Manchester where we will drop the car and take a train back to London Friday afternoon/night. We're flying out of LHR VERY early Sunday and Mr. Dabs loves to spend Saturday in London. Based on what we're seeing and my already booked Highclere tickets, the Manchester to Manchester loop makes more sense than dropping the car in London (and paying a drop fee)

1) what's the best way to get back to London from Manchester? I found Virgin trains which had advance tickets for 12.50£, I saw that there was a bus, but it looks to be about twice as long. Is there another train? Megatrain (which I believe is just the regular train with a special car) doesn't seem to exist.

16 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 4:01 AM
    • Bus service 192

Manchester Feb 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I will be travelling from Stockport on bus service 192 to Manchester but want to go to the Opera House theatre - could you tell me if this service goes near or do I have to go into Manchester and catch another bus out to the theatre.

Bill

5 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 4:49 AM
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Epl matches

Manchester Jan 16, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Hi everyone !

I will be in Manchester this weekend from 17th jan till 20th jan.

Please advise me how to buy a ticket to watch either Manchester United, Manchester city, arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea match.

All the tickets are sold out online or only available to members.

Appreciate your help!

Thank you !

Cheers,
      Joseph

7 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM
    • MarekH's Profile Photo

I would like to see The Theatre of Dreams!

Manchester Nov 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Hello everyone!
      I go to Manchester for a few days. Could you recommend some places which are worth seeing? I'm a big fan of Manchester United, So especially i'd like to see old trafford. Could you tell me how to get there?

Thanks for all your answers & your help! :)

4 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    • Trip to Manchester

Manchester Oct 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hi, next weekend I'm going to go to Manchester. What should I see there necessarily, and please recommend me some cheap hostels where I could stay for 2 nights. Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    • disney on ice part of the show?

Manchester Oct 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My aunt is take us to see disney on ice dare to dream at manchester arena phones 4 u in United Kingdom on 17th October 2013 during the rapunzel part an child I pick form the audience to float the lanterns with Flynn and rapunzel, what will have to in order to get pick to float the lanterns. Will be siting in the front row. It completely random selection so the lucky person could be sat anywhere

1 Answer Oct 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    • First time in Manchester

Manchester Oct 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Hi all,
      I’m going to Manchester for a few days on holiday in 2014. Could you recommend me some places (hotels) to stay in?
      Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    • Visiting Manchester in September 2013

Manchester Aug 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Hi all, I am going to Manchester in September this year and would like to seek your advise on the must see attractions and any tips for Manchester visit. Do I need to book the man utd tour in advance to get a place? I am driving to Edinburgh from Manchester, please advise which is the best place to see the Hardian’s Wall. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • Volunteering.

Manchester Aug 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Extremely interested in becoming a volunteer with The Imperial War Museum. Could you tell me how I would go about this?

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • sezh123's Profile Photo

gluten free and cider

Manchester Jul 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM

thanks for everyones answers to my question. they were v useful, a lot of Italian eating places seem to cater for gluten free and even the chip van in festival square did. just spent some time in your beautiful city. I don't know if it was the weather or the mif13 but there seemed almost a carnival atmosphere everywhere. Loved it

3 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 12:01 AM
    • sezh123's Profile Photo

gluten free and cider

Manchester Jul 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM

does any where in centre of Manchester do gluten free sandwiches or budget meals. also can any one recommend pubs selling traditional still cider (dry rather than sweet) thanks sarah

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:45 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Stockport local history question. A small sign near the Premier Inn hotel on A6, Buxton Rd.

Stockport Jul 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Can anyone advise the history behind the small sign "Germans House" on the house by the Premier Inn parking lot. It is seen, walking in the direction of Stockport center on A6, Buxton Rd. from Primier Inn the parking lot. I contacted the Stockport History office with no answer. This had captured my interest when I visited Stockport on business several times.
      Nice town. I also enjoyed the Primier Inn Pub and the local Robinsons beer.

1 Answer Jul 5, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    • buses

Manchester May 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

what bus can we take to arrived from old Trafford hotel premier inn to Trafford center please and back till what time finished the buses thanks

3 Answers May 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • Manchester to Leeds Bradford airport

Manchester May 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hi to all,

I was wondering what is the best way to travel from Manchester to Leeds Bradford airport? Is there a connecting train? Is a taxi very expensive for that route?

Thanks in advance
      Stefan

4 Answers May 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    • bars clubs

Manchester May 5, 2013 at 2:56 AM

does any body know any bars night clubs in manchester gay village or surrounding areas that have dark rooms in them

2 Answers May 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    • vulpes's Profile Photo

Is there time enough??

Manchester Apr 20, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Hello everybody!:)

I'm arriving in Manchester airport at 13:40 and my next flight departs at 18:05.

My question is;is there enough time to pay a visit downtown?and if yes,could you please give me any reccomendations concerning what to see and within which timeframe?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

8 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    • Clubs in City center

Manchester Apr 12, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I'm Looking to come to Manchester for my 21st birthday in November but wanted to know are there any clubs in the city center that play club classics, RnB, funky house, top charts type of music on a Friday and Saturday night

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    • playa olid dress code

Oldham Apr 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

hi, travelling to playa olid apartments next week in tenerife, does anyone know if trousers are required in the dining room? thanks gaz

1 Answer Apr 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    • HOW TO

Manchester Feb 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Can I get public transport from Manchester Piccadilly station to Olympic Court, Trafford Park Village?

1 Answer Feb 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    • Plane/ Train / Car advice for Manchester

Manchester Jan 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I'm planning a business trip and will be spending:
      * 2 days in Manchester
      * 2 days in Liverpool
      * 2 days in London.
      At the end of January.

My question is what form of transportation is best this time of year:
      1. Fly into London OR Manchester and drive or take the train to other locations
      2. Fly to London AND to Manchester and drive or take train to Liverpool from Manchester?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

10 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    • MariamN's Profile Photo

how can i travel from wigan to halifax

Wigan Nov 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM

how can i travel from wigan to halifax

4 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    • martin981's Profile Photo

10h layover at Manchester

Manchester Nov 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I have got a 10h layover at Manchester in Nov. Any suggestions on sight seeing except, perhaps, the Christmas markets?

24 Answers Nov 29, 2012 at 4:20 AM
    • Kaspian's Profile Photo

Underground Manchester?

Manchester Oct 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Has anyone done this tour? I've searched VT, but no luck. Looks like it could be interesting, or just a bunch of tunnels that all look the same. Entertaining the possibility of popping out of the Manchester Christmas meet for two hours to maybe do this, but it could be total cr@p for all I know.

newmanchesterwalks.com/walks...

Sadly, it's only offered the Saturday. :(

14 Answers Oct 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    • Premier Inn hotels

Manchester Oct 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Does anyone know the nearest Premier Inn to the Etihad Stadium?

4 Answers Oct 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    • Jaqjaq's Profile Photo

Sleeping over at Manchester Airport carparks

Manchester Oct 4, 2012 at 6:13 AM

I have a 6:25 am flight out of Manchester Airport and would like to park my campervan in a Jetparks carpark the evening before and sleep over until check-in time. Does anyone know if this is allowed or would it be against carpark policy ? It hardly seems worth staying in a hotel when we need to be at the airport so early.

6 Answers Oct 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Manchester -- In and Out

Manchester Jul 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Hi all,

Good day!

I would like to check what's there to do in Manchester for a period of 2 days?

If I have more time and want to travel out of Manchester, where should I go visit?

I would like to take in the landscape, possibly a museum, some unique sites and must see/ do activities, and some shopping if there are good outlets ;)

Thanks in advance!

smiles, Francesca

11 Answers Jul 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM