Greater London

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Visa in Heathrow airport or Leeds airport

Heathrow Jan 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM

My daughter who is australian citizen travelling to Leeds for study from Sydney changing flight at London at the same terminal 5. Does she apply student visa on arrival at Heathrow airport or at Leeds airport. Her stopover at Heathrow airport is 2 hrs and her baggage will be booked to Leeds and she is flying with British Airways all through. Please advise and thanks for your help

more
    • LHR Terminal 5 to Terminal 2

Heathrow Jan 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Hi, I am departing from LHR Terminal 5 this May and would like to know if I can transfer from T5 after security checks to Terminal 2 and then back. I simply want to go over to T2 because the airlines club that I belong to is only in Terminal 2. Thank you for your answers!

more
    • unsafe area around London?

Greater London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM

are there any unsafe area around London? Whenever I visit a city, I sometimes I ride the public transportation out to the end (near end) of the line?

more
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Females aged 60 years looking for good food and music

London Feb 5, 2016 at 10:40 AM

We are visiting London in November. We are a group of 60+ year old women. We like a bit of fun and music and good food. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London. Can anyone suggest a place, either in the afternoon or early evening where we will be treated to good food and a bit of a dance or maybe a bit of a show?
      Thank you, Vicki

more
    • Airport Customs

London Feb 1, 2016 at 4:06 PM

do I need to go through Customs in Heathrow when I transfer to a connecting flight to Paris?  I'm starting in the USA.

more
    • Best bus routes for one afternoon "tour":

London Jan 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Were only going to be in London for 3 days, then, Eurostar to Paris.
      So, we'll arrive fairly early (from the States) Monday and thought a rasy series of Public bus rides that afternoon might whet our appetite for a re-visit.
      Which route (or series or routes) would y'all suggest for an overview of London? Numbers? We already have our Oyster passes.
      PS: We are taking an all day tour to Oxford and The Cotswolds for Tuesday and a walking tour (of London highlights)
      Wednesday morning.

more
    • London Secrets

London Jan 13, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi..

I've been lucky enough to went a few times to London so this time, I want to do something differente.
      It's usual to see short clips about "London Secrets" like old and abandon underground stations.

Is it possible to visit one? If so, what do I have to do?

By the way, what secrets of London can you share for me to see them?

Thanks!

Best regards,
      Pedro

more
    • T5 to T3 cross uk border?

Heathrow Feb 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM

I'm Colombian trying to book a flight from Houston, TX to Barcelona, Spain. With British Airways. My flight will have a conexion in London Heathrow for 2 hours. I will arrive at T5 and departure will be at T3. I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP figuring out if I will cross uk border when I go from T5 to T3 to catch my conexion flight? And if I will need a visa

According to this article from the uk government website

Colombian nationals will be able to transit airside through UK airports without needing a Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV).

Colombian nationals will still need a visa if they want to cross the UK border for any reason, whether to visit or change flights. If a connecting flight is from another airport, passengers will still need to get a Visitor in Transit Visa before passing through the UK.

gov.uk/government/world-loca...

more
    • discount theater tickets

London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Any suggestions on where I can purchase discount theater tickets for four people?

more

are there any unsafe area around London? Whenever I visit a city, I sometimes I ride the public transportation out to the end (near end) of the line?

more
    • sandranunes's Profile Photo

Accommodation in London

London Feb 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

I´ve started to look for accommodation in London now, I know it is not a cheap. Is it realistic my expectation of paying 100/130 Euro a night for a bed and breakfast with private bathroom? Is there a good region to look for? Thanks!

more
    • meeting friend

Heathrow Jan 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hi my name is kuldeep . I have one question about my friend he is traveling from India to Canada .he got two hour flight stay vat Heathrow terminal5 .I want to meet himq.he don't have transit visa can I meet him at airport waiting area

more
    • duty free from Canada with connecting uk flights

Heathrow Yesterday

Can I bring duty free from Canada from t5 to t1 through security again in a sealed bag with a receipt when connecting to Scotland?

more
    • Is there a service that can pick up a lost bag at Heathrow/ British Airways?

London Jan 12, 2016 at 12:19 PM

It appears my daughter's lost bag has arrived, but they are too backlogged to deliver.

more
    • Walking from Terminal 5 to Staines Moor

Heathrow Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hi everybody!

In May I will arrive at terminal 5 and will have more than six hours before my connecting flight (also T5) departs. I know I'll need plenty of time for security, but I think there should nevertheless be enough time for a short walk outside the airport. I am thinking of walking to Staines Moor and maybe spend an hour there. My questions: Is it feasible? Can I walk from terminal 5 to Staines Moor or is that practically impossible because there are only big roads? Has anybody done this during a stopover? If so, do you recommend it? If you think it's a bad idea, can you recommend any alternative?

more
    • Denise1123's Profile Photo

Female traveling alone

London Jan 16, 2016 at 10:25 PM

What parts of London are considered unsafe? What about using The Tube at night? I'll be exiting at Limehouse Basin--is it safe there? Thanks, D.

more
    • fscat's Profile Photo

Heathrow to Stamford Bridge/White Hart Lane?

London Jan 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Hello - in early March I have a 24 hr layover in London. I land at Heathrow at 1pm and there are a couple of Premier League matches that kick-off at 3pm, one at Stamford Bridge and the other at White Hart Lane (I'm deciding between the two). I've always wanted to go to a match, but its never worked out timing wise - this might be my only chance for awhile.
      However, my window for making it to the game is very tight. We're talking about landing at Heathrow, getting my luggage, getting through customs, getting into London, leaving stuff at a hotel and getting to the stadium A very tight window.

My question is this even plausible? Obviously Chelsea's ground is closer to Heathrow than White Hart Lane, which is a factor here. Can you even get to matches late? In the US its fairly common, but I don't know about the UK.

I know they'll be questions about tickets, but I do have some colleagues who can arrange that, so I'm not concerned there.

Thanks.

more

From London to Dublin

London Jan 31, 2016 at 2:55 AM

Hi everyone, although it is a long journey, I´m considering taking the train/ferry from London to Dublin. How scenic is this trip?

more
    • duty free from Canada with connecting uk flights

Heathrow Yesterday

Can I bring duty free from Canada from t5 to t1 through security again in a sealed bag with a receipt when connecting to Scotland?

10 Answers Yesterday
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Females aged 60 years looking for good food and music

London Feb 5, 2016 at 10:40 AM

We are visiting London in November. We are a group of 60+ year old women. We like a bit of fun and music and good food. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London. Can anyone suggest a place, either in the afternoon or early evening where we will be treated to good food and a bit of a dance or maybe a bit of a show?
      Thank you, Vicki

4 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 3:21 PM
    • T5 to T3 cross uk border?

Heathrow Feb 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM

I'm Colombian trying to book a flight from Houston, TX to Barcelona, Spain. With British Airways. My flight will have a conexion in London Heathrow for 2 hours. I will arrive at T5 and departure will be at T3. I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP figuring out if I will cross uk border when I go from T5 to T3 to catch my conexion flight? And if I will need a visa

According to this article from the uk government website

Colombian nationals will be able to transit airside through UK airports without needing a Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV).

Colombian nationals will still need a visa if they want to cross the UK border for any reason, whether to visit or change flights. If a connecting flight is from another airport, passengers will still need to get a Visitor in Transit Visa before passing through the UK.

gov.uk/government/world-loca...

8 Answers Yesterday

Accommodation in London

London Feb 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM

I´ve started to look for accommodation in London now, I know it is not a cheap. Is it realistic my expectation of paying 100/130 Euro a night for a bed and breakfast with private bathroom? Is there a good region to look for? Thanks!

11 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 5:11 AM
    • Airport Customs

London Feb 1, 2016 at 4:06 PM

do I need to go through Customs in Heathrow when I transfer to a connecting flight to Paris?  I'm starting in the USA.

5 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 1:46 AM
    • Best bus routes for one afternoon "tour":

London Jan 31, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Were only going to be in London for 3 days, then, Eurostar to Paris.
      So, we'll arrive fairly early (from the States) Monday and thought a rasy series of Public bus rides that afternoon might whet our appetite for a re-visit.
      Which route (or series or routes) would y'all suggest for an overview of London? Numbers? We already have our Oyster passes.
      PS: We are taking an all day tour to Oxford and The Cotswolds for Tuesday and a walking tour (of London highlights)
      Wednesday morning.

7 Answers Feb 1, 2016 at 9:19 AM

From London to Dublin

London Jan 31, 2016 at 2:55 AM

Hi everyone, although it is a long journey, I´m considering taking the train/ferry from London to Dublin. How scenic is this trip?

31 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 3:40 PM
    • meeting friend

Heathrow Jan 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hi my name is kuldeep . I have one question about my friend he is traveling from India to Canada .he got two hour flight stay vat Heathrow terminal5 .I want to meet himq.he don't have transit visa can I meet him at airport waiting area

10 Answers Jan 26, 2016 at 11:49 PM
    • LHR Terminal 5 to Terminal 2

Heathrow Jan 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Hi, I am departing from LHR Terminal 5 this May and would like to know if I can transfer from T5 after security checks to Terminal 2 and then back. I simply want to go over to T2 because the airlines club that I belong to is only in Terminal 2. Thank you for your answers!

3 Answers Jan 21, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    • discount theater tickets

London Jan 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Any suggestions on where I can purchase discount theater tickets for four people?

9 Answers Jan 23, 2016 at 1:46 AM

10 Answers Jan 21, 2016 at 1:25 AM

3 Answers Jan 21, 2016 at 12:38 AM
    • fscat's Profile Photo

Heathrow to Stamford Bridge/White Hart Lane?

London Jan 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Hello - in early March I have a 24 hr layover in London. I land at Heathrow at 1pm and there are a couple of Premier League matches that kick-off at 3pm, one at Stamford Bridge and the other at White Hart Lane (I'm deciding between the two). I've always wanted to go to a match, but its never worked out timing wise - this might be my only chance for awhile.
      However, my window for making it to the game is very tight. We're talking about landing at Heathrow, getting my luggage, getting through customs, getting into London, leaving stuff at a hotel and getting to the stadium A very tight window.

My question is this even plausible? Obviously Chelsea's ground is closer to Heathrow than White Hart Lane, which is a factor here. Can you even get to matches late? In the US its fairly common, but I don't know about the UK.

I know they'll be questions about tickets, but I do have some colleagues who can arrange that, so I'm not concerned there.

Thanks.

27 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 9:05 AM
    • Denise1123's Profile Photo

Female traveling alone

London Jan 16, 2016 at 10:25 PM

What parts of London are considered unsafe? What about using The Tube at night? I'll be exiting at Limehouse Basin--is it safe there? Thanks, D.

20 Answers Jan 26, 2016 at 12:16 PM
    • Visa in Heathrow airport or Leeds airport

Heathrow Jan 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM

My daughter who is australian citizen travelling to Leeds for study from Sydney changing flight at London at the same terminal 5. Does she apply student visa on arrival at Heathrow airport or at Leeds airport. Her stopover at Heathrow airport is 2 hrs and her baggage will be booked to Leeds and she is flying with British Airways all through. Please advise and thanks for your help

1 Answer Jan 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM
    • London Secrets

London Jan 13, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi..

I've been lucky enough to went a few times to London so this time, I want to do something differente.
      It's usual to see short clips about "London Secrets" like old and abandon underground stations.

Is it possible to visit one? If so, what do I have to do?

By the way, what secrets of London can you share for me to see them?

Thanks!

Best regards,
      Pedro

7 Answers Jan 15, 2016 at 5:49 AM
    • Is there a service that can pick up a lost bag at Heathrow/ British Airways?

London Jan 12, 2016 at 12:19 PM

It appears my daughter's lost bag has arrived, but they are too backlogged to deliver.

15 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    • Walking from Terminal 5 to Staines Moor

Heathrow Jan 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hi everybody!

In May I will arrive at terminal 5 and will have more than six hours before my connecting flight (also T5) departs. I know I'll need plenty of time for security, but I think there should nevertheless be enough time for a short walk outside the airport. I am thinking of walking to Staines Moor and maybe spend an hour there. My questions: Is it feasible? Can I walk from terminal 5 to Staines Moor or is that practically impossible because there are only big roads? Has anybody done this during a stopover? If so, do you recommend it? If you think it's a bad idea, can you recommend any alternative?

19 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 10:13 PM
    • would baggage recheck require a transit visa ? parents travelling from delhi to atlanta

Heathrow Jan 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM

hi , my parents are travelling from delhi to uk using virgin atlantic with a layoer at heathrow.
      virgin atlantic customer care as been giving conflicting information about baggage recheck-in ,
      so the question is - if my parents do need to recheck - would they need any kind of transit visa ?
      I checked the UK visa website it says travellers who have a valid US VISA are exempt.. but is there anyway to confirm.

6 Answers Jan 7, 2016 at 4:21 AM
    • Minimum travel money - is this real?

Heathrow Jan 5, 2016 at 6:13 PM

My friend says he was stopped on his way through security at Heathrow. He had a couple hundred dollars on him. He was coming to visit me for a month. Security would not let him through - told him for a month's stay in the US he should have more cash that this. Really?? Is this possible? Has anyone ever been asked how much cash they have. He is now asking me for a few hundred so this is not an issue when he tries again. I'm finding this odd. I've never heard of anything like this. Have you?

69 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    • Suggest some Budget airlines for 6 people

London Jan 5, 2016 at 4:02 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning to travel along with my family to London probably in June. Please suggest some budget airline from India (Delhi) to London (LHR) or any other destination. I want to advance book so to save money and as we have two old aged people with us so would to prefer comfortable journey. Connecting flight is also ok.
      Thanks

5 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 9:17 AM
    • T3 to T5 transit

Heathrow Jan 4, 2016 at 10:24 PM

I am arriving at T3 and departing from T5 - do I need to go via immigration control?

7 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 12:05 AM
    • Passport control time

Heathrow Jan 4, 2016 at 4:32 PM

How long does it take to go through passport control Saturday afternoon?

9 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 1:54 AM
    • Have anyone went on a small holiday alone?

London Jan 2, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Hello! I really want to go to London, and I want to go alone. But I am a little nervous about actually doing because first of all I have never been in England before and I struggle with social anxiety and depression. I think going on a holiday alone could be very beneficial for me because I have had some very rough 4 years and feel like a little get away from everything and everyone is what I need. I am currently in school and graduate in June, and I am 19 years old. I dont know what I want to do with my life, and I hope a little get away like that, maybe could inspire me and hopefully teach me something about myself and who I am. Have anyone travelled alone before? And have anyone travelled alone to London before? I could really use some tips.

10 Answers Jan 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    • How to find a certain place?

London Jan 2, 2016 at 3:58 AM

I am a traveler and not guided everywhere

3 Answers Jan 3, 2016 at 3:35 AM
    • Travel Card - does this sounds like a good plan?

London Dec 30, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Hello! I am traveling to London in February for 7 days with 3 adults and one twelve year old child. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza London The City near the Black Friars Station . Flying in and out of Heathrow. We plan to do a lot of travel in zones 1-2 doing all the normal tourist attractions - we will be making the most of our days, so likely traveling during peak times. I also really want to order them now and have them in hand before we arrive.

Here is my plan, feedback and assistance is very much appreciated!

Buy the 7 day Travel Card for anytime travel in Zones 1-2 (3 adults, 1 child price)
      Buy 4 single trip tickets x 2 (8 total) for travel to and from Heathrow to our hotel

Total cost $245.50

14 Answers Dec 31, 2015 at 7:38 AM
    • immigration on a domestic flight?

Heathrow Dec 30, 2015 at 4:11 AM

hello, do i need to go through immigration check on a domestic UK flight? Im flying from london to scotland. can someone answer me? thank you very much

34 Answers Jan 3, 2016 at 3:37 AM
    • transit visa

Heathrow Dec 28, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Hey ,i am travelling from Norway to kualalambur by Britishairlines ,and i have to chang flight in Heathrow Airport .i have Travel document with Permenent Resident .Do i need transit Visa??

6 Answers Dec 30, 2015 at 2:48 AM
    • Connecting flight from london to ireland

London Dec 27, 2015 at 4:13 AM

Hi I am a Filipino citizen with an irish atypical work visa. I will be arriving in heathrow terminal 4 and departing at terminal 2 via connecting flight with aer lingus. Would they require a transit visa when transferring terminal? And would 3h20mins sufficient for the transfer?

Thanks

3 Answers Dec 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM
    • Is 1hr & 50min a long enough layover to get from LHR T3 to T5?

London Dec 21, 2015 at 3:36 PM

I'm a U.S citizen flying with British Airways in to LHR's T3 on a Friday at 2:20pm and I have to get to T5 to catch my connecting BA flight to Frankfurt that leaves at 4:10pm. Is this enough time to get to the next terminal and go through security and everything? Luckily I don't have to pick up my luggage as it's automatically going to Frankfurt but I remembered how huge this airport was the last time I came 3 years ago.

11 Answers Dec 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM