Greater Accra Region Travel Answers

change location
stevee's Profile Photo

Visit to Greater Accra

by stevee Online Now May 21, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I will be visiting with a friend in the greater Accra and Kasoa Region in January 2011. I have about 2 weeks to visit and see the area. Any suggestions on specific places to see including beach areas.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Visit to Greater Accra

by Ghanalover Online Now Nov 22, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Kasoa is not bad. Try and see the mini Fort at Nyanyano- I am not sure they still rent out rooms there.

Places to go are the Tills No. 1 Hotel at Gomoah Fetteh, White sands(though very pricey)and most of the Hotels on the coast.
    You are about 2 hours drive from Cape Coast, the Castle and Kakum National Park with its Canopy Walk are a must-see.A little furter down the road to Takoradi there are some nice beaches around Dutch Kommenda

Another nice place used to be Kokrobite, Big Millys Backyard had almost cult -status in its time, but I heard it was sold and lost a lot of its charm.

Have a nice stay and try to avoid going to Accra. It is loud, extremely dirty , polluted air, high crime rate, totally overpriced hotels and only one clean beach , Labadi Pleasure Beach- though the water is just as dirty as anywhere else around Accra.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Greater Accra Region Travel Answer Locations