Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tattoo parlor

Boone Apr 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM

can you get a tattoo in boone

more
    • Beach Access

Nags Head Apr 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM

It looks like our rental is closet to the Curlew Beach Access mp 11.8 (2 blocks from beach access, Memorial Ave.). I see this access has a water fall pipe and is about 6 houses down from the pier. Does anyone have any experience w/ area? I didn't realize the beach location until after renting the house for June. I was wondering if I should seek other accesses such as E. Hollowell St. and drive instead of the short walk to the beach? I am quite disappointed in finding this news out:( Advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Travel Time on I-77

Charlotte Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I will be working near Tyvola Rd. in south charlotte. I can get a great deal on a place right outside uptown. What am I looking at in terms of commuting during the week? It is technically 15 miles away.

more
    • Car Rentals from Vegas to Southern Utah

North Carolina Mar 31, 2014 at 4:08 AM

We're planning ten days in Southern Utah to see the 5 Natl. Parks and several other sites. Can cars be rented in Vegas and driven into Southern Utah? I assume so but can't find confirmation on any rental car web site.

more
    • How much time should I allot for different cities.

Lisbon Apr 9, 2014 at 7:28 PM

We land in Lisbon and I've booked first four nights there. I've also booked three nights in Porto and was undecided how to spend last five days. Now I'm wondering if we should just go straight to Porto then after four days in and around that area, working our way south towards Lisbon. While north I'd like to include stops at Viana do Castelo, and Braga. Then heading south and stopping at Coimbra, Fatima, Evora, and then Lisbon, with Sintra and Cascasis. Does anyone have a suggestion in which order I should do each city? How long will I need to see everything? Am I trying to fit too much into one day. We will not be renting a car, but using train or buses.

more
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

When is the best time for fall foliage?

by 9tigers Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Will oct 20 to 26 be ok?

3 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    • road trip to nashville

by sampra Online Now Sep 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM

How is the weather in the smokey mountains during the first week in November. I would like to have a beautiful,scenic drive with the WOW factor of the first time viewing of the smokey mountains.

2 Answers Oct 11, 2012 at 5:05 AM
    • karen_mo's Profile Photo

Weather and colours in September

by karen_mo Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Hello - we're considering a trip in September to revisit the Appalachians and ending up in GSMNP - we'd probably be there around the 3rd or 4th week of September.
      Are we likely to see any fall colours that early in the year?
      What sort of weather should we expect? Is the area prone to rainstorms/high winds at this time of year (we'd be in a little tent!) or is it still quite summery?
      Many thanks, Karen

2 Answers Mar 3, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    • What are the best hiking/camping trails in the Smoky Mountains during Spring?

by beeayoutifullove Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM

My boyfriend and I are heading there for a week in May. We are very interesting in overnight hikes, great scenery, etc. I definitely want to see the waterfalls too. Any suggestions as to where we should check out?

1 Answer Mar 29, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    • road and staying tips :)

by hayader Online Now May 7, 2010 at 11:53 AM

hi everyone...

this my first time in usa since 15 years
      iam comming to great smoky mountins this summer from 12 to 14 of july by a car from newyork.

i am asking u if u know any good places in the road to stop by (nature)i mean

and iam planning to stay at gatlinburg if u know any good capins with a GREAT view and good price :)

thank u..

1 Answer May 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    • foxxy1601's Profile Photo

Smoky Mountains In Fall - Several Questions!

by foxxy1601 Online Now Sep 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Okay I am going to be in the Smoky Mountains very briefly in the fall. I will be there Thursday and Friday October 22 & 23. On Friday I really won't be there for very long - I will be driving into the park in the evening and driving to Clingman's dome to see the view and enjoy the sunset there! After that I am going to drive to stay in a hotel in either Maggie Valley or Cherokee, NC. Friday I will be doing a bit more of the touristy stuff on the NC side of the mountains. Here come the questions:

From everything I hear the traffic can get pretty bad around there in the fall. On a Thursday evening how bad do you think the traffic will be on 441. I am going to be driving down there during the day and trying to make it to Clingman's Dome with enough time to have at least a half hour to relax before watching the sunset. So my question is about how long should I give myself to drive from Gatlinburg to Clingmans dome? Also, approximately how long does it take to hike to the top of the Clingman's dome? I want to have an idea of what time I need to be leaving Gatlinburg in order to get there with plenty of time to see the view as well as watch the sunset!

On that Friday I will be planing to do some driving and fall color sight seeing! I will be staying on the North Carolina side of the mountains because by the end of the day I have to be in Greenville, NC.

- Does anyone have any places the recommend on the NC side of the mountains to go see some wonderful fall colors? Also, I love taking pictures so places for photographing the colors would be great too!!

- I am thinking about taking a drive either on Heintooga Ridge Road and/or Balsam Mountain Road OR in Cataloochee....... Which one do you recommend for viewing fall colors, beautiful scenery & even maybe some wildlife?? If you recommend somewhere else that is on that side of the mountains I am open to that as well!! Also, how bad is the traffic in fall in those areas? Is either of them less busy usually? This also might sound weird but I have a major fear of heights that I might just have to deal with because I know some of the roads I have been on by the Mountains before have drops offs right by the edge, etc. But how are the roads for these places or anywhere you are recommending to me? Like I said I might just have to deal with my fear - but it is always good to know that ahead of time!!

Well for now that is all the questions - I might come up with more as it gets closer! Also, if you want to give me any information that might help me please do! I really appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Tricia

1 Answer Sep 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM
    • Winter Photo Ideas

by kenowolfpack Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I will be near the park the first week in February. Would like to take some winter photos. I am interested to hear if anyone has specific locations they think would be good for me to try. Are there major road closings in the park at that time and if so will I still be able to find some areas to take these winter photos?

• best area to stay for day hikes

by swaythling5 Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Iam visitng from Uk for 5 days and want to do some day hikes, I have been told pigeon falls is a good central base, I will have a car .I will be visitng in May, advice please on good hikes of 4-5 hour duration, and places to stay

1 Answer Nov 26, 2008 at 6:50 AM
    • Has anyone stayed at Smoky Cove Resort near the Smokies?

by canehollowfarm Online Now Oct 4, 2008 at 8:13 PM

We're trying to find a nice cabin near the Smoky Mountains to rent for a family reunion. Has anyone stayed in any of the cabins at Smoky Cove Resort? I found a cabin on their website that I really liked. It was called Pinnacle Vista. Any experience with this place?

• planing a hike on GSM NP

by jwald98 Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I am coming up that way from Florida, trying to decide where to hike and am overwhelmed with the many options. What are the best hike on the east side of the park? Hoping to do a 3 night backcountry trip, so is there a good loop? Or just an out and back? Or a bunch of different hikes? Also, if anyone is familiar with hikes in Nantahala, what are the best longer hikes in there and must sees?

• yoginimom's Profile Photo

Best place to stay to visit Great Smoky NAtional PArk

by yoginimom Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 10:04 AM

It's time to plan our summer 2009 family reunion. Our grown kids are all outdoor people who love hiking and water sports. We'd like to be near the Great Smoky National Park. Do you suggest staying in NC or Tenn? I found many lovely rental vacation homes in Maggie Valley, NC. Is that convenient for the park? We don't want to drive an hour each time we go into the park.
      Thank you in advance for your responses.
      Suzi

1 Answer Apr 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM
    • Smoky during Christmas

by Star66 Online Now Nov 29, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Hi,
      We are planning to visit the Smoky Mountains on 23rd and 24th of December, 2007. Is it a good time? What activities can we do or what will be open at that time. Also please can you suggest a good place to stay.
      Thanks

• what to see

by gigirose Online Now Nov 3, 2007 at 1:42 PM

my husband and me, we will go smokey mountains - ashveille - at second half of november.
      we will spend one week. we would like to see as much as possible. any kind of recommendation would be helpfull.

thank you

4 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 8:05 AM
    • Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

Best "starting" point

by Ericasmurf99 Online Now May 28, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Hello, a friend and I wanted to meet up in the Smokey Mountains (she'll be driving from Northern Kentucky and I will be flying from Key West, Florida). What do you think is the best meeting point? I saw flights were cheap to Charlotte, NC, but how far from the Smoky's is Charlotte and would that be too out of my friends way to drive (to pick me up)? Would it be better to meet at an airport in Tennessee? If so, Knoxville or Chatanooga? Both looked close to the mountains.
      Basically, what location would be more convienant to meet someone, then drive to the Smoky's???

1 Answer May 28, 2007 at 1:57 PM
    • 3 days/ 2 nights vacation smoky mountains and dollywood

by viewroad Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 9:09 AM

I would like to visit the smoky mountains and dollywood in June 2005. I only have 3 days/2 nights. I need accommodation and as i do not drive I will need to travel by bus. Can anyone help please?

3 Answers Oct 30, 2004 at 6:21 AM
    • Can you recommend rental cabin in Smokey Mts. area?

by dianedee Online Now Sep 13, 2004 at 12:05 PM

I am looking for that pergect getaway cabin south of Smokey Mountains Nat'k Park. Can anyone recommend a small cabin, on water-lake, creek, river, secluded, fire pit, outdoor hot tub and less than750.? We have camped for 25 yrs. and have explored much of the mountains, but are ready to try something different, without the children. Views are great but prefer water near cabin for that romantic week long getaway from Florida. I appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. Thank you

2 Answers Oct 23, 2004 at 8:13 PM
    • USAisFAB's Profile Photo

two week driving holiday

by USAisFAB Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 1:27 PM

Hi all, I'm wanting to come back to the states for my holiday next july and am unsure of where to go for a driving holiday that could be filled with lots to see and do. I love nature trails etc and came across this page detailing the Smoky mountains which looks like a beautiful place and somewhere that you'd have no problem filling your days by exploring. Is this near to Dolly Partons home town, are there other places to spend a bit of time nearby etc...I'd love to spend time in this part of the states but would like to know if there is enough to occupy me throughout a two week stay.....How far away are other parks etc....Thanks for your help guys...

3 Answers Aug 9, 2004 at 12:18 PM