Great Smoky Mountains National Park Travel Answers

change location

3 days/ 2 nights vacation smoky mountains and dollywood

by viewroad Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 9:09 AM

I would like to visit the smoky mountains and dollywood in June 2005. I only have 3 days/2 nights. I need accommodation and as i do not drive I will need to travel by bus. Can anyone help please?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: 3 days/ 2 nights vacation smoky mountains and dollywood

by TubbySmith Online Now Oct 1, 2004 at 10:59 AM

I'm not sure if you are a member or not, but AARP may be able to help you out with some travel discounts. I know people that have travelled all over the Tennessee area saving money using their membership discounts. Look into it and see what you come up with. By the way, it's beautiful, you'll love it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: 3 days/ 2 nights vacation smoky mountains and dollywood

by MandaJ320 Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 10:16 PM

try Gatlinburg.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Re: 3 days/ 2 nights vacation smoky mountains and dollywood

by Stephen-KarenConn Online Now Oct 30, 2004 at 6:21 AM

I lived in Pigeon Forge for many years and am very sorry to inform you that the last bus service to Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg ended many years ago. The closest regularly scheduled public transportation is to Knoxville, which can be reached either by air or by bus. Their is no train service to Knoxville. From Knoxville I believe there may be some private shuttle services that would take you in to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. I would check with the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce to find out. Once you get to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, there is a local trolly that will take you around, including some routes that go into the National Park. There are an abundance of rooms available, but they fill up on weekends and in summer. If you go midweek before mid-June or after mid-August you can find some real bargains - especially in Pigeon Forge. A room that will go for90 per night on the weekend can be less than25 during the week. Good luck. You'll love the Smokies.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Great Smoky Mountains National Park