Great Smoky Mountains National Park Travel Answers

change location
USAisFAB's Profile Photo

two week driving holiday

by USAisFAB Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 1:27 PM

Hi all, I'm wanting to come back to the states for my holiday next july and am unsure of where to go for a driving holiday that could be filled with lots to see and do. I love nature trails etc and came across this page detailing the Smoky mountains which looks like a beautiful place and somewhere that you'd have no problem filling your days by exploring. Is this near to Dolly Partons home town, are there other places to spend a bit of time nearby etc...I'd love to spend time in this part of the states but would like to know if there is enough to occupy me throughout a two week stay.....How far away are other parks etc....Thanks for your help guys...

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ladyfisher's Profile Photo

Re: two week driving holiday

by ladyfisher Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 1:46 PM

Yes Dolly was from the Smokey Mountains Pigeon Forge to be extact here are some links to some wonderful cabins in the area and they all have links to things to do and see. Dolly has a theme park here also. http://www.bearcreekcabinrentals.com/ countrycharmcabinrentals.com... http://www.cabins.com/state/tn.html erainthesmokies.com/Home_Ner...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: two week driving holiday

by L6898 Online Now Aug 8, 2004 at 7:18 PM

There are many things to see and do in a two week period, and you would still need to return to see everything else that the area has to offer. Feel free to email me and I can give you lots of links to many places to go in NC, TN, as well as the north GA mountains. We're heading up there in several weeks for yet another vacation to the NC mountains! Can't wait! Linda L6898@aol.com

• pilgrim55's Profile Photo

Re: Re: two week driving holiday

by pilgrim55 Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 12:18 PM

If you love nature trails, you will love this part of the USA. It is very beautiful there - every turn in the road is a photo opportunity waiting to happen. You will see lots of wildlife and wild flowers as well as have great fishing for trout in the streams and other fish in the lakes. There are many waterfalls in the Highlands, NC area as well as in the Smokey Mountain National Park. Dollywood and Gatlinburg are on the western side of the park and Cherokee and great river rafting, kayaking and canoeing on the Nantahala are on the southern side. You can hike the Appalachian trail as well as many many other less well-known, but equally beautiful trails. There are also usually many craft fairs and weekend events in the little towns that dot this area. You can easily spend 2 weeks driving all around this western North Carolina/ northern Georgia/eastern Tennessee area.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Great Smoky Mountains National Park