Graz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Goiserstrasse, Salzburg - Car hire and Sking

Salzburg Nov 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM

I'm travelling to Vienna/ Salzburg from 29 Dec -3 Jan with a group of friends, ending our trip in Salzburg. We are staying in the area of Goiserstrasse, Salzburg for a few days, would we need to hire a car for the time we are there? or is everything local - supermarket/ski resorts/bars?

We plan to go skiing which resorts would be best recommend for beginners?

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Road travel

Vienna 12 hours ago

Hi , we are a young couple taking a car journey from Vienna to Munich. The trip is for about 10 days. Please help me plan an itenery starting from Vienna, which too is new for me. Thank you. We like nature, quaint places, parties and glamour. Please give me suggestions as where all to visit and where to take halts. Thank you

more
    • New Year's Eve in Vienna

Vienna Nov 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM

We are a group of three students / recent graduates in our early twenties, traveling through Europe over the coming months. We will be in Vienna for three nights over the New Year period (30th dec - 2nd jan), more by chance than design - although it does look like a fun place for it! We're all on a bit of a budget, so the many galas/concerts aren't really on the cards. The New Year's Eve Trail looks good, and it seems like the streets will be flooded with people and there will be fireworks etc.

My question is: where are the good places to drink and bring in the new year in the evening for a young group such as ours? And particularly after midnight - will we be fine just going to different bars/clubs or do we need to be looking into buying tickets for specific nye events?

Thank you for your replies.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

danube by boat

Vienna Nov 21, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Do you know any way that old scenery with castles on rocks or old churches by the coast can be seen on a river ride in dunabe? I wouldn't like to see boring scenery. Any ideas?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

st Marx cemetary

Vienna Nov 20, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Dear friends can you pls tell me why the wiener linien system gives as a tram stop for the St Marx cemetary the "Wien Molitorgasse" stop which is a 10 min walk from the cemetary and not the "Litfassstrasse" which is the next stop and looks much closer?

more
    • Will Vienna be 'deserted' on Christmas day and boxing day?

Vienna Dec 12, 2014 at 3:41 AM

We will arrive on the evening of the 22nd of Dec and made an itinerary of visiting xmas markets and sightseeing. We know that this is a family holiday, will there be any restaurants and cafes open on xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day? Will there be anything to do during those days? We leave early on the 27th.

Thanks

more
    • cherylll's Profile Photo

accessible by car

Hallstatt Dec 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Hi, We will be travelling to Hallstatt and have a rental car...can we drive into Hallstatt? We plan to sprnd 2 nights in Hallstatt...Thank you! Cheryl

more
    • Help! Salzburg on christmas eve or boxing day?

Salzburg Dec 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM

We will be in Vienna from the evening of 22nd Dec, leaving on the 27th in the morning. We would like to go on a day trip to Salzburg and I'm wondering which day is the best to visit. I mean does anybody know if markets and shops and restaurants and sights will be open on christmas eve or the 26th?

Thanks

more
    • what to do in 3hrs

Vienna 11 hours ago

hi will reach airport at 1015 ,wait student bus to prague at 13:00pm,
      1-what can we do or c in 3hrs to go downtown by train
      2-where can we leave our luggage
      plz advis
      or something near airport to c

more
    • Vienna to Salzburg Trains

Vienna Dec 13, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi, we are looking for a day trip from Vienna to Salzburg and was wondering which train to take. I have checked on the internet and found that OBB (http://www.oebb.at/) for a one way ticket to Salzburg is around 118 euro. Also there is one more train service called westbahn (https://westbahn.at/) but the fair is almost half the price.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the two train services ?

more
    • what to see in and near Vienna in 3 days?

Vienna Dec 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Me and my wife are travelling to Vienna and have 3 days spare can anyone help me with the itinerary and suggest places to see and things to do in and around Vienna?

We are thinking about going to Prague and/or Budapest how feasible is it and also is it worth going?

more
    • banuaka's Profile Photo

5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg

Vienna Nov 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Hi everybody!...
      For my Vienna&Salzburg trip (5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg) I would like to have some suggestions:
      1) For the accommodation, which part would be better?
      2) For the transportation which would be the most economical&beneficial way between daily/hourly cards, e.t.c.?
      From airport to the Centrum which way I should choose?..bus or metro?...
      3) For the museums; top 3 or 4?
      4) For the palaces I have a concern: Spring or summer time would be nice...but in winter time!? Does it still worth to visit!?..Unless you could not be able to sit at the gardens... only the interior side!?...
      5) Nontouristic, nice and good (and with reasonable prices) restaurant suggestions, with delicious food advises?
      6) Enjoyable, nice streets, and other worth to see places?
      and any other "must to do" or "do it you'd love it" suggestions would be appreciated.:)

Thank you very much...best wishes!...
      Banu

more
    • zochios's Profile Photo

BAR THE GRAZ

by zochios Online Now Sep 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

i wond bar open 18.00 and finish 4.00 or 5.00. the boss is from slovakia. sorry my english is litle bad. if anybody

know something for this??? i must go thear and i dont know how.ONLY THIS I KNOW. THANKS. im from greece and now live slovakia.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • Stainz, Austria

by rodjo Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 1:38 AM

What to take as clothing to Styria for a two week visit relatives?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • joefred28's Profile Photo

barenschutzklamm

by joefred28 Online Now Jun 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hello,
      Can anyone tell me how long it might take to hike through the Klamm and back, and how difficult is it?
      I am 72 and in reasonably good physical condition.
      I am planning on it in mid. July.
      Thanks,
      Joe.

1 Answer Jun 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    • Train Graz - Nimes,France

by kikx55 Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Hello, can someone please give me an info..is there any train from Graz to Nimes (France)? or maybe to Marseille,Montpellier? any help would be great! tnx in advance :)

Kristina

10 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    • Graz to Milano

by piniava2007 Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hi,
      We are going to travel from Graz to Milano at Saturday, maybe someone know are a lot of traffic jam in this road ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    • daniwales's Profile Photo

Prices

by daniwales Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Hi guys I am travelling to graz with a party of 100 dancers in October and it is my job as team captain to find as much about the costs in the City as I can, so we can fundraise for the visit.
      We use the british pound and need to know the average costs of food, resturaunts, take aways etc.... , cold drinks and alcholic drinks, toiletries, sweets, chocolate, potatoe chips.. the list is long I know but I have a lot of people to please

thank you

8 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

accomodation

by halikowski Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Am moving to Graz in mid-September. Just visited once for interview. Need to find an apartment near the university district. Does anyboday have any tips?
      Stefan

2 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    • taxi services in Graz

by ekaterina25 Online Now May 22, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Dear all.
      Maybe my question will seem silly but as a foreigner I am not quite sure on the issue.

could you kindly comment on taxi service abailable in Graz.
      I depart from Graz airport on 06.00 am. Since the time is very early I doubt if any taxi services operate at night.
      Whether is is possible to book taxi in advance a few days before? As I understand there is no public transport at night. So I can go to airport only by taxi.
      Please, comment what companies to address.

Thank you in advance.

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Hostels in Graz?

by Drugness Online Now May 18, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Hello all
      Can anyone recommend any hostels in the old town of Graz which are of decent quality and reputation?
      I've read up on the JUFA Gästehaus Graz and that seems ok but quite a distance from the old town by foot?
      I read about some other hostels on wikitravel but i couldn't find anything for them online, probably because they seemed too good to be true! :)
      Can anyone recommend a good place? Naturally, in this day and age, budget is key :)
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

• Trains from Graz

by pipipopo Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hi

I'm planning to go to Graz

I like to know which nearby international destinations I can go to from Graz Train Station?(Timings and frequencies as well)

Is there a website or something that says the timetables?

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    • Accommodation

by Marchian Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I'm trying to organise a trip to Graz this summer. We're a family of 6 so I'm really looking for self catering, farm or B&B within a 20km radius of the city. Any recommendations or ideas as to where to look? Thanks

• Graz to Afritz am See

by Gardners Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Hi

Could someone please tell me how long it takes in car from Graz to Afirtz am See

Many thanks

2 Answers Feb 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    • From Graz to Munich

by HSS211 Online Now Nov 10, 2008 at 2:58 PM

I will be visiting Graz this month. I want to meet a friend in Munich at the end of my trip or perhaps in the middle. I'm not sure which is the best option, but in trying to figure these things I out I wanted to ask. My question is should I take a train from Graz to Munich and fly back to the US from Munich? And how long will the train ride be?

4 Answers Nov 13, 2008 at 4:35 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Hotel near Sparkassenplatz/Landhausgasse

by schmechi Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 2:57 AM

I'll do a course in two weeks in Graz and that's why I`m searching a (cheap?) hotel near Sparkassenplatz/Landhausgasse...

Because I'll go by car the parking possibilities is important.

I would also be intrested in tips for nightlife.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 4:02 AM
    • Irish Bar`

by AineT Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 3:51 AM

Going to Graz on Sunday.. Would Like to see the All Ireland Finals (U21 and Camogie)....... any chance anyone would know where these would be televised..

• bajci's Profile Photo

airport

by bajci Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM

How far is from the center of Graz to the airport?
      what is the best and the cheapest way to get there?
      is there a bus to the airport or is the taxi better solution???

3 Answers Jun 11, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    • ivarnam09's Profile Photo

Good weekend trips from Graz....

by ivarnam09 Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 1:34 PM

I will be in Graz for three weeks in August working as an au pair while the family is on vacation. I am 21, not a really big party animal. Not really looking for clubs or bars. Just wanted to know the must-sees in Graz. Also, I have the weekends off, so thought about traveling to Salzburg or Slovenia. Any suggestions for a good SAFE weekend trip. Don't speak much German either. Somewhere with reasonable accomodations, like hostels, and with lots to see. Would welcome any help. I love architecture, geology and like to learn about history. Quick trips in Graz for the afternoons would be good suggestions too...

2 Answers Aug 7, 2008 at 4:51 AM
    • Graz to Munich

by Miklish Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 7:12 PM

I will be in Graz for one night in May. Where is a good hotel that is centrally located. I will be on my way to Munich and would like to see other places in Austria because I will have a few days. Can anyone recommend places to visit and should I travel by bus or train?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2007 at 7:55 PM
    • Where is best place to spend countdown/Silvester??

by Keiko0610 Online Now Dec 15, 2006 at 8:51 PM

I'm planing to stay in Graz from the end of Dec. to early of Jan. Do you know anyone good place to spend Countdown? or are there any nice nightclub for Silverster?

1 Answer Dec 17, 2006 at 3:50 AM
    • rymouk's Profile Photo

sturm graz fans

by rymouk Online Now Aug 28, 2006 at 7:49 AM

2 England supporters (me & my son 17 arriving in Graz on 10 october 06 on route to zagreb, we will be in Graz for 1 day.
      we would like to go to Sturm Graz fc football ground and for a few beers
      anyone wanna join us ?
      Ray & danny

• Year-Round Christmas Shops

by dkohek1976 Online Now Jun 13, 2006 at 3:54 AM

Hello again
      Just wondering this time whether anyone knows of an Christmas shops that are open year round? I will be there in September, so not exactly a Christmasy time but when i travel I like to collect things for Christmas! Ornaments etc, something special from the places I have visited...any help would be great!
      Thanks, Danielle

• airport

by georgexx Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 6:12 AM

i will arive to graz next week and iwill stay at novapark hotel.
      Could anybody tell me how far is from airport this hotel and how much is cost the taxi.

1 Answer Jun 10, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    • Bead Shops

by dkohek1976 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 7:10 PM

Hello I will be visting Graz in October and was just wondering if anyone knew of any good beads shops. Prefer ones that are quite "central" (ie Not out in the suburbs). Am particularly interested in Swarovski beads, but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Danielle.

• tonyccfc's Profile Photo

Train to and from Graz

by tonyccfc Online Now May 15, 2006 at 7:01 AM

Hello,
      I'm trying to book a return train trip from Vienna to Graz on the oebb website. I thought I'd go first class (what the hell, I'm on holiday) but it states that on my return there is no first class but I will travelling in a Grossraumwagen, which I understand is like a trailer tram. I don't mind travelling in a tram, I just don't want to pay a 1st class price for one! I'm confused. Is an IC train smaller than an OEC train?
      I would be very grateful for any help on this matter,
      Many thanks
      Tony

3 Answers Jun 10, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    • From Vienna to Graz

by adekeren Online Now Apr 24, 2006 at 1:02 AM

Hi i'm a medical student from Indonesia and will have a professional clerkship in Graz on July 2006. I'll be arriving at Vienna Airport and need to go to Graz immediately. So, can anyone here tell me the best (easiest,fastest,and cheapest)way to go to Graz from the Vienna Int'l Airport :)

Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 6, 2006 at 10:05 AM
    • I need help with geting the price for the train ticket

by johndow Online Now Apr 18, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Hi, I'm trying to find the price for the train ticket from Rijeka or Zagreb to Graz. On every page it sayes that it is not posible to book the ticket. Well, I don't need to book it, I just want to know how mutch is it. Please help. Thnx.

Goran

1 Answer Apr 19, 2006 at 5:09 AM
    • internicholas's Profile Photo

Mozart celebrations

by internicholas Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 9:15 AM

Austria is celebrating this year 250 year since Mozarts birthday. I know there are celebrations and events around the country. I will be in Graz 31/3 and 1/4. Anything to watch?can anybody can give us a hint?:)
      Danke!

1 Answer Mar 27, 2006 at 11:43 AM
    • pebs's Profile Photo

2 days enough for Graz?

by pebs Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 7:31 AM

Is 2 days more than enough for Graz? Heard that its a small town and walkable everywhere?

What are some of the must see/must do here?

Oh, how do I get to Graz from Budapest, and from Graz to Salzburg?

Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 23, 2006 at 1:44 AM
    • Kova's Profile Photo

Airport

by Kova Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 3:55 AM

Hi

I will arrive at the main bus stop in Graz on Saturday morning. I need to get to the airport so can you please tell me what would be the best way, how much would it cost me and how long does it take?

Thank you :)

1 Answer Mar 20, 2006 at 2:45 AM
    • Graz Sightseeing & Nightlife

by NeilWIM Online Now Mar 13, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Hello,

I'm in Graz this Friday / Saturday gathering information for the Wales fans for the Wales v Trindad & Tobago football game on May 27th.

has anyone got any info on nightlife and sightseeing ?

Thanks
      Neil

6 Answers Mar 15, 2006 at 3:02 PM