Gravdal Travel Answers

change location
keith170's Profile Photo

Getting around from Gravdal

by keith170 Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 6:47 AM

In July I am on a cruise that tenders in to Gravdal until mid afternoon.
I'd like to visit Nusfjord and Sund. Can this be done or do I have to use the ships cruise?
Is there any local transport or other sights that could be visited in 4/6 hours
Thank you for your help
Keith

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Getting around from Gravdal

by cathy9510usa Online Now Jan 17, 2011 at 2:01 PM

It probably depends on what day of the week you plan to travel. I think there's a bus that goes to Nusfjord, but only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I can give you the bus link, but in order to get the bus you'd have to take another bus from Gravdal to Leknes (schedule also included on the website). The bus to Nusfjord, however, leaves Leknes at 9:50 a.m. and arrives at 10:20--so if you boat only arrives at Gravdal in midafternoon you wouldn't be able to take it. Maybe renting a car would work for you?

If you want wonderful scenery you could possibly take the bus to Leknes, then go to Ramberg (only about 45 minutes away). Gorgeous mountain scenery with a beautiful white sandy beach, plus a few shops. As an example, you could take the bus from Gravdal to Leknes at 14:50, arriving 15:05, then take the 15:45 bus from Leknes to Ramberg, arriving 16:30. To return to Gravdal, you could take the 17:10 bus to Leknes, arriving 17:50, and the 18:15 (arriving at 18:25, every day but Saturday) or the 21:00 bus, arriving 21:10.

Hope this helps. Here are the websites:

177nordland.no/?ac_id=255&ac... (click on "Lofoten")

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramber... (the mountains look much higher and closer in real life)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Getting around from Gravdal

by cathy9510usa Online Now Jan 18, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Oops, sorry, I misread your post. I thought your boat arrived in midafternoon, but now I see it leaves then. Still, you can probably find some good bus trips on the schedules I sent.

Enjoy your stay!

P.S. It might even be possible to go to Reine and back in the time you have available. Both Ramberg and Reine have stunning scenery.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines