Grand Turk

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best island authentic conch foods in Grand Turk

by karencrabgirl Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Where is the best place to get island authentic conch fritters, crack conch, etc. please help.

• RonaldJ6's Profile Photo

Dissy Donkey

by RonaldJ6 Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

What is their phone #, Email address etc.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • Shopping and sightseeing in Grand Turk?

by jistah534 Online Now Jul 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM

we are going to Grand Turk on a cruise next month. Is there a lot of fun shopping and sightseeing in the town? Can you get there from the cruise ship without getting one of the ship excursions?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    • Whale watching

by dewaardenzijngast Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I would like to check the whales around Grand Truk but I do not want to spend $ 150,- p.p. without being sure you'll see one. Any tips for local Whale watching trips that offer the fun without ripping you off?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • Whale watching

by dewaardenzijngast Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I would like to check the whales around Grand Truk but I do not want to spend $ 150,- p.p. without being sure you'll see one. Any tips for local Whale watching trips that offer the fun without ripping you off?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    • SamuelM8's Profile Photo

hop hours

by SamuelM8 Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

what day or day are your shops cloed

• Private tour info

by dhelveston Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Need a name of a person or company who can tour around two old ladies--must be trustworthy and get us back on time [ on a cruise ship}. will be doing Samana, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao--need same info for all places

4 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    • Pirana Joe

by joecap Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I was just at Grand Turk on a cruise and purchased several items at the Pirana Joe store including a keychain of the Pirana Joe fish. I hung it from my carry on bag. When I got home, I sat it on the floor and my dog decided to chew it up!
      I really liked it and would love to replace it. How do I go about it?
      Joe Capozzo

1 Answer Nov 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    • best snorkelling

by georgabeth Online Now Mar 2, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I am travelling to Grand Turk in April 2009, and could someone tell me where is the absolute BEST snorkelling now, since Hurricane Ike. We are just beginners, not too advanced, and want to see some colourful fish, corals, etc, not too crazy about stingrays. Thank you, Elizabeth

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Can I accomplish my three Goals in Grand Turk?

by grandmaR Online Now Jul 9, 2008 at 3:05 PM

I am going to be in Grand Turk for one afternoon in November (1200 to 1800). I have three goals - which are - in priority order.

1) See and photograph the lighhouse
      2) Dive or snorkel
      3) Visit the town

I am not a very mobile person. I can walk a little distance, but not on uneven or soft surfaces. I have no problem swimming and am a certified diver, but I haven't been diving in some time.

The ship (Holland American Statendam) had no tours listed for this port.

I have heard that there is a hop-on-hop-off bus. Does anyone know if it is a jitney bus type thing with open sides, or a regular bus? Could I take it out to the lighthouse and then back to town? Is it worth it?

Is there any way I could fit in a short snorkel somewhere in there, keeping in mind that I'd need to change back into clothing afterwards, and that in November, it gets dark early. Also I'm not a real high energy person.

2 Answers Jul 15, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    • Going to Grand Turk for one day on a cruise stop

by ddillon99 Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 10:21 AM

What should I do? I am really ino getting some snorkeling in, any suggestions for good beaches close to the cruise ship port?

Any help appreciated!
      Thanks!
      Laurie

PS Also, What should I avoid? Dangers, etc?

1 Answer Jul 12, 2006 at 11:13 AM