Grand Turk Travel Answers

change location

Private tour info

by dhelveston Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Need a name of a person or company who can tour around two old ladies--must be trustworthy and get us back on time [ on a cruise ship}. will be doing Samana, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao--need same info for all places

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Private tour info

by Donna_in_India Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Hi - if you haven't done so, check for recommendations on www.cruisecritic.com. Go to the site, then boards, then ports of call. You can post your question there. In Aruba we went on an island tour with Bully who was fantastic (arubabound.com/transp/bully..... In Bonaire, we got a taxi at the pier and that was really disappointing. Have a great cruise!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

by Dabs Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Donna beat me to recommending cruisecritic.com but I'd also recommend checking out the boards and port information there and then checking the recommendations you find on Trip Advisor which will usually have the excursions listed under tours. The ones that people recommend on Cruisecritic are almost soley used by cruisers and they are very aware of the time restrictions.

Since you say that you are "old ladies", I'm guessing that you wouldn't be interested in snorkeling? Bonaire had a fabulous trip with Woodwind, afterwards they hooked us up with a company called Achie tours that took us around the island to see the flamingos and salt flats and slave huts.

If you are looking to have a beach day, Aruba might be the best bet, the beaches there were gorgeous and most of the activities were not all that exciting. DePalm is the big company that runs tours in Aruba, you might see if they run them for cruise passengers as well. I thought the island tour was a little dull to be honest but it does show you some of the island

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Dec 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Wow Donna, can't believe you know Bully! Small world indeed. Yes I second that advise for sure......d:o)

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Dec 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Erik - Kasha still has the stuffed iguana Bully gave to her. He was the best driver/guide we had on any of the islands.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines