Grand Manan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferry

by RonWels Online Now Jun 12, 2007 at 8:16 AM

I am thinking of travelling to Grand Manan this July(2007). We will travelling with our truck and tent trailer. Hopefully camping on the island. Our truck and trailer measure approx. 36 feet(12 meters) and 2 adults. Can someone please confirm the cost of taking the ferry (seems to be expensive) and also how is the camping on the island. We enjoy private campsites, clean showers and a nice beach(also prefer walking to the beach).
      Thank's

• Basic Info about where to stay, what to do, how to get there

by BackPackerEL Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 7:51 PM

We'd like to visit Grand Manan this summer for a few days. I'm looking for basic information about visiting the island, like ferries (any from Maine?), recommendations on where to stay (no camping or cottages), do we need a car?, recommended places to explore on foot, bike, kayak? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Jun 17, 2006 at 5:42 PM
    • wifty's Profile Photo

Fishing opportunity in Grand Manan?

by wifty Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 10:47 AM

The four of us from Ontario are planning to have our first visit to Grand Manan in August 2006 and we are planning to stay for a week. While we have read many information about whale watch tour, we don't seem to find information about fishing tour. Are there companies that organize fishing trip and what is the opportunity for fishing along the shore? Do we need a fishing license from the Province of New Brunswick? Thanks

• Adventure High Cabin

by lineka Online Now Jan 27, 2004 at 11:14 AM

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually stayed at this cabin on Grand Manan. We are a couple in our fifties, fit and energetic. Any recommendations???

1 Answer Jun 4, 2005 at 1:18 PM