Grand Junction

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

more
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

more
    • Oilfieldtrash52's Profile Photo

Is GJ Awash In Tourists?

by Oilfieldtrash52 Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 4:33 PM

My wife and I are headed to GJ in June with the idea of possibly buying a vacation home
      there. Is it extremely full of tourists during the year, and if so what seasons? Any other advice concerning the town's conduciveness to a retirement place would be appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 7:06 AM
    • CameronB6's Profile Photo

country dance places

by CameronB6 Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I am new to grand junction I would like to take my wife out country dancing is there any good places to go on a Saturday night

• DaylilyFan's Profile Photo

Driving Time and Tips from Denver airport

by DaylilyFan Online Now May 11, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I am driving to and from Denver's airport Friday, June 17, and Friday, June 24. The incoming flight lands late morning, so I plan to take it easy on that leg. However, my outbound flight departs about 1:15 pm and I have no idea how early to leave that morning, as the driving directions on the web are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to travel times. Plus I have to allow time to drop off the rental car and get shuttled to the airport proper. Thanks for any advice!

2 Answers May 13, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    • How does my son get to Aspen>

by swednyc Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 2:06 PM

My son is arriving at Grand Junction airport at 1.45 pm and needs to get to Aspen..we did not know that there was not an airport shuttle...any ideas or suggestions? He is a student, and cannot afford an expensive taxi ride!
      Thanks so much
      Nick's mom

5 Answers Dec 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    • ejalvirt's Profile Photo

Hotels or B&Bs in the Western Slope

by ejalvirt Online Now Sep 26, 2006 at 5:54 AM

Sort of an after thought question to the one I just posted... What hotels and/or B&Bs are highly recommended in the Western Slope area? Any little jewels out there that are a must visit? Thanks.

Hotels or B&Bs in the Western Slope

by ejalvirt Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 7:38 PM

Sort of an after thought question to the one I just posted... What hotels and/or B&Bs are highly recommended in the Western Slope area? Any little jewels out there that are a must visit? Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2006 at 3:16 PM

Must-see towns of the Western Slope/Arkansas Valley?

by ejalvirt Online Now Sep 25, 2006 at 7:36 PM

We're planning a first trip to the greater Grand Junction area and are wondering what little towns in the area (within say 75 miles) are worth visiting for a day or two and why. Many thanks for your help.

5 Answers Sep 30, 2006 at 6:55 AM