Grand Junction Travel Answers

change location

How does my son get to Aspen>

by swednyc Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 2:06 PM

My son is arriving at Grand Junction airport at 1.45 pm and needs to get to Aspen..we did not know that there was not an airport shuttle...any ideas or suggestions? He is a student, and cannot afford an expensive taxi ride!
Thanks so much
Nick's mom

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: How does my son get to Aspen>

by timessquare Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Why is he flying into Grand Junction?
    It isn't even a major airport.

If you don't want to fly it, you'll have to rent a car, but that's usually difficult for anyone under 25 years of age.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TLippard's Profile Photo

Re: How does my son get to Aspen>

by TLippard Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Is this really a seriously posed question? It's over 120 miles from GJ to Aspen. Even if there were Airport Shuttles, I think it would be outrageous to remotely expect them to go those distances.

If he cannot afford a rental car, then why cannot someone go from Aspen to GJ to pick him up? No family or friends? Why did he fly in to GJ if Aspen was his destination?

I was going to recommend greyhound, but it appears that they don't run to Aspen. I'm afraid your options seem to be limited at this point.

This post just doesn't add up. Sorry.

• TLippard's Profile Photo

by TLippard Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Upon one last Google search, I found this website. I'd be on the phone with these folks to see if any can offer you assistance.

aspenchamber.org/how-to-get-...

Good luck.

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 4:19 PM

You could try CME (Colorado Mountain Express) who have an excellent service from DIA but from Grand Junction that'll be hugely expensive for a one person ride - here's the website: http://www.ridecme.com/

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM

If he can get to Glenwood Springs, there's a public bus to Aspen. But even that will be difficult.
    Honestly though, it would probably be better and potentially cheaper to book a flight directly into Aspen. If he's connecting to Grand Junction in Denver (you have to connect somewhere), buy a ticket from Denver to Aspen and just don't take the connecting flight to Grand Junction.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines