Grand Forks Travel Answers

change location
ocicat's Profile Photo

Educational/cultural tourist sites?

by ocicat Online Now Apr 15, 2005 at 6:21 PM

Spending a day layover in Grand Forks. What would you recommend to see/do in that time? Not interested in drinking or partying.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • my2kids's Profile Photo

RE: Educational/cultural tourist sites?

by my2kids Online Now Apr 15, 2005 at 9:14 PM

I'm down from Grand Forks in Fargo, ND -

I'm not pulling any ideas off the top of my head right now - but did want to send you a few web sites that might help you with your day stop in Grand Forks.

grandforksgov.com/gfgov/home...
    http://www.grandforkscvb.org/main

I will try to post more later this weekend.

Barb

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • my2kids's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Educational/cultural tourist sites?

by my2kids Online Now Apr 17, 2005 at 10:51 PM

If time permits - you might consider spending a little time in Fargo and then traveling up to Grand Forks just to eat and sleep.

We have the Red River Zoo here, Roger Maris Museum, Bonanzaville USA, Fargo Air Museum - and there are some things right across the river in Moorhead too - Like the Bergquist Pioneer Cabin, Comstock House,Heritage Hjemkomst Interpretive Center, (with the SS RUBY Red River boat tour right nearby), and the Stavkirke Norwegian Church Replica.

I would also suggest if you haven't gotten a chance to visit the International Peace Gardens along the ND/Canadian border - I see your traveling up towards Minot - If time permitted when the flowers are in bloom this is a wonderful place to stop for awhile.

http://www.peacegarden.com/

I have a feeling though you may have been there all ready. I promise the next post I'll see what I can dig up on Grand Forks. Most the time I venture up there it is for a conference So I've seen the Alerus Center more than I care too:)

Happy Traveling,

Barb

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines