Grand Cayman

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ritz carlton oceanfront rooms?

by crookeddriller Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Should we opt for higher or lower floor with the oceanfront room at the Ritz?

2 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • Shuttle from the airprt to Morritts Tortuga Club

by shirleymoster Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Can we pre-book a shuttle from the airport to Morritts? We will be arriving on April 26th at 11:53. Let me know. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 2, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • Best excursion times

by Leslielamson Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM

We are staying on island for a week what days do the cruise ships dock so we can avoid the congestion on excursions?

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • dolphin swim

by unclerickey Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM

were there on a cruise for one day in august we want to go swim with the dolphins and stingrays any suggestions we are traveling with carnival and want to beat there prices if possible

4 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • Hotels in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

by tarencebeau Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 1:18 PM

What is the nicest hotel in all of Grand Cayman? Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, compared to the rest of the hotels in Grand Cayman, how nice is the Westin Grand Cayman- Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa?

3 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 5:49 PM
    • Beach chair rentals for the week

by diana247 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Are there any stores that rent out beach chairs and umbrellas for a week or 10 days?

1 Answer Feb 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
    • cheap room/motel

by kdosahon Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am looking for a cheap room to stay in georgetown, grand cayman island....something not more than $70

1 Answer Jan 5, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Jewelry Store

by lucyhockey Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

What was the name of the jewelry store across from Atlantis that is closed now?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    • snorkeling on grand cayman island

by kmastro Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 6:19 AM

best places to snorkel

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    • do you need to rent a car on Grand Cayman

by kmastro Online Now Oct 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

we are going to Grand Cayman and staying at the Marriott on 7 mile beach. I reserved a rental car as my husband and i like to bop around places to explore but is this worth the extra money? It sounds like there is alot of buses and cabs

2 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 4:14 AM
    • Swimming with Dolphins

by sstrebel Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Last time I was in Grand Cayman on a cruise, a couple at our table said they found a local with a sign for swimming with the dolphins. They said it was inexpensive and they had a great time. My husband is worried if we do something like this, that we may miss the ship. I would worry about safetly, but he worries about being stranded. I hate paying the cruise ship prices. Any thoughts?

2 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    • Has anyone tried Roomiefinderz.com

by gerrihays Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I know this places offers temp housing like sublets and rooms for rent. Have anyone tried this in GC?

• stung in water

by aussiehol Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

We were on the sting ray city tour in January and my daughter was stung by something in the water. She didn't see it and wasn't aware of it until we got out of the water. She then had very red sore and swollen toes and that night developed a fever. We were on a cruise and saw the doctor on board who gave her an antibiotic to which she didn't respond. 4 days later she still had fever and swollen toes, we then went to a medical center where she was given a cortisone needle. She then started to respond. Has anyone had a similar experience?

13 Answers Sep 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    • Cayman in August?

by Agobble Online Now Jun 29, 2012 at 5:20 PM

My husband and I love the Cayman Islands and want to bring our 3 year old. The only time we can fit it in our schedule is late August, but I'm worried about the rain. Can anyone tell me What kind of weather we would be in for? If it rains, is it an all day occurrence or just a short while and then it clears back up?

Also, I've read several stories about the mass amount of red crabs coming ashore over the past month. It sounded like they were covering the beaches, which will freak out our daughter. Are they still everywhere?

5 Answers May 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    • Starfish Beach and other activities in Grand Cayman

by VRTravel Online Now Jun 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Within the next two months I'm going on a cruise and stopping at Grand Cayman. It will be my spouse and I and we are trying to pack everything in that we can for our day adventure there. We know that we definitely need to do Stingray City and were wondering if we should do the Turtle Farm and/or Starfish Beach? I have seen pictures of Starfish Beach and it looks amazing! It's not one of the cruise tours but I want to know if the beach is really like all of the pictures and is worth going to. Are there other places that are a must in Grand Cayman for when I go? Lastly, if I want to hit up some/all of these places (I know we have limited time but we would make it work) is it better to hire someone to drive us or just purchase everything through the cruiseline and go to the places along the tour we take? Please let me know, we are excited to go and want to know the places we should see. Thanks

3 Answers Jun 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Walking around?

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Hi there
      Im going to take a cruise and I will spend one day at Grand Cayman. Im not really interested on the tours from the cruise, so Im wondering if its worth it to walk around the town.

Do you know if there is public transportation to downtown, or what do you recommend? I don`t want to spend much money.

Are there free beaches or where should I go?

Im kind of lost here, I will appreciate your help.
      Thx

5 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    • brynaweiss's Profile Photo

brynaweiss

by brynaweiss Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 3:14 AM

What's the weather like in January in Grand Cayman?

3 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    • Helzie12's Profile Photo

Grand Caymans crusie visit

by Helzie12 Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Visting for a day as a crusie stop over. I am looking for suggestions of what to do. I will be travelling as a family with two boys aged 9,10. Thanx

6 Answers Mar 26, 2011 at 4:53 AM
    • east end weather and snorkeling

by Lindamd Online Now Nov 5, 2010 at 12:36 PM

We are loooking to stay on grand cayman in january. East end seems nice and remote ( we are not looking for night life etc) however the guide books mention a stong onshore breeze/wind. Does anyone know if this is a problem at this time of year? We would want to be able to sit on the beach etc. Is the snorkeling off the beach good? Does the breeze make the sea conditions too rough? Any other information gratefully recieved. Many thanks Linda

2 Answers Nov 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    • Cheap ride to "Hell"??

by Katt0921 Online Now Jul 20, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Hello, I'm looking for a quick and inexpensive ride from and back to the cruise ship port to "Hell". My friend works for the US Postal Service and it is her desire to see it. We are not intrested in a tour to anywhere else, just "Hell". Can you please help? Thank You.

2 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    • Beach at North Point Grand Cayman. Swimming is good ? Plage à North Point. Nager c'est bien ?

by mei008 Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM

We plan to rent a condo at North point on April-May, but we have concerns about the beach and the water. Is the beach is littered of dead corals and seaweed ? The entrance to the water is littered of dead corals ? which means, we have to wear beach shoes ? is swimming is good ? lots of seaweed into the water ? The condo is located about 5 minutes (by car) south of Rum point.

Every information you know about North Point, Cayman Cai, for the beaches, the water, snorkeling is appreciated. Thanks.

Nous voulons louer un condo à North Point en avril-May, mais nous avons des interrogations concernant la plage et l'eau. La plage est-elle remplie de coraux morts et d'algues ? L'entrée est-elle aussi remplie de coraux ? ce qui veut dire, porter des souliers de plage pour marcher dans l'eau ? peut-on nager facilement dans l'eau ? y a-t-il beaucoup d'algues dans l'eau ? Le condo est situé 5 minutes en auto au Sud de Rum point.

Tout ce que vous savez sur North point, Cayman Cai, pour les plages, l'eau, le snorkeling est apprécié. merci.

2 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    • Beach at North Point. Swimming is good ?

by mei008 Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 8:17 PM

We plan to rent a condo at North point on April-May, but we have concerns about the beach and the water. Is the beach is littered of dead corals and seaweed ? The entrance to the water is littered of dead corals ? which means, we have to wear beach shoes ? is swimming is good ? lots of seaweed into the water ? The condo is located about 5 minutes south of Rum point.

• rent snorkel gear

by wyogirl Online Now Nov 9, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Is there a place near the cruise ship terminal to rent snorkel gear for a day?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    • Hotel for kids and divers? Dive shop suggestions?

by vaoscar Online Now Oct 14, 2009 at 6:51 AM

I would like to schedule a trip to Grand Cayman in Feb. 2010. I am looking for a kid friendly place for a 3 and 7 year old. One adult diver, one adult non diver. Would prefer all inclusive because of the kids and who knows what they will or will not eat. Has to have a pool. Any suggestions?

Dive shop recommendation would be apprecipated too.

4 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    • Grand Cayman layover

by 4Barnetts Online Now Sep 29, 2009 at 3:38 AM

We are going to have a 3 hour lay over in Grand Cayman prior to traveling onto Cayman Brac. Are there any suggestions to enjoy this time at Grand Cayman that would fit the timeframe? Thanks. Pam

• sopphia75's Profile Photo

I might be moving to 7mile Beach area in Grand Cayman Island...

by sopphia75 Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Any do's and donts, warnings etc??????????????????

1 Answer Sep 18, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    • Distance in Grand Cayman

by pacer45 Online Now Mar 11, 2009 at 7:50 AM

How far is the airport from the city ...and are the hotels on seven mile beach near the city

1 Answer Jun 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    • Getting Married In Cayman

by December7112 Online Now Feb 10, 2009 at 11:19 PM

My fiance and I are looking to get married in the Cayman Islands. We are looking recommendations for a Wedding Planner? We heard a company call Inspirations is the best on the islands. Anyone else knows about them and what they do. We look at the website (inspirationsltd.com) and it looks pretty good. I have contacted them and they same pretty good but I am still a bit uneasy about planning long distance.

• Looking for temporary housing in Grand Cayman

by ClarkInTransit Online Now Jan 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I am looking for a small apartment on Grand Cayman with a fast internet connection.
      I would like to take a long quiet break where I program in peace in quiet.
      I also train for triathlons.
      If there is a large pool (25 yards or more) and a gym near by, that would be ideal.
      I would like to rent the apartment for 3 months, and possibly more if I like the island.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Answers Feb 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    • Embroidered Ladies Blouses

by GrandmaFalls Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Hi,
      I will be in the Grand Caymans on January 13, 2009. I am interested in purchasing some embroidered ladies blouses. The ones I want are usually white with very vibrant colorful embroidery on them. Ususally scenes with people and animals. I would concider them to be casual. I have been told that what I am looking for might be found in South America. Do you know of any shops that I might check out while on the Island that migh offer them for sale? Also, I am interested in a Used Book Store or a source to purchase The Little Golden Books in foreign languages.

Thanks,
      Lynda
      Plant City, Florida

2 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM