Grand Canyon National Park Travel Answers

change location

church services

by Suehouse Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Are there any church services in or around the G. C.area? We are staying on the south rim.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: church services

by goodfish Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 6:07 PM

This is all I can find on possible services within the park:

us-parks.com/grand-canyon-na...

Otherwise, you could check churches in the nearby town of Tusayan - google up "churches in Tusayan Arizona"

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

by jumpingnorman Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Church services are available also in nearby Sedona if you are willing to drive over there (just about two hours away or less) and the nice thing with some churches there is that altar is in front of huge glass windows, giving magnificent views of the red rock formations during the service.

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

by bocmaxima Online Now Mar 22, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Tere's church services offered in the park. Not sure if they'll cover your denomination, but they offer them at various times at the Shrine of the Ages multi-purpose building near the Village and a couple of other places there.
    nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/r...

There's a Mormon church in Cameron, which is going to be the closest one outside of the park. To the best of my knowledge, Tusayan has no churches.

• goodfish's Profile Photo

by goodfish Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Wow - I figured there'd be churches in Tusayan but just did a search - nothing there. I guess whatever is available at the Grand Canyon (per my previous link - scroll down the page for church services) is what will have to do.

Then again, you'll be on the edge of one of the earth's most amazing wonders so maybe you can create your own little service at sunrise!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Grand Canyon National Park