Grand Canyon National Park Travel Answers

change location
Traceyv's Profile Photo

Mather campground

by Traceyv Online Now May 1, 2003 at 7:55 AM

Hi We are thinking about going to the grand canyon on memorial day weekend. I'm sure it will be crazy but we have never been. How many days or nights should we stay?Is one enough since it will be busy I'd like to see it and hike a little and go to vegas for a night too?? Is Mather campground nice?We have an RV but heard Mather has bigger spots. Is there a shuttle from the campground to the village? What else should we see in the area. We are driving from California and have 3 kido's!! Thanks!! T

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • buzzz's Profile Photo

Re: Mather campground

by buzzz Online Now May 3, 2003 at 3:13 AM

The Grand Canyon is heaving with tourist, but fantastic nevertheless! As you drive into the park you will be handed all the information bumf. Take 20-30 minutes to study this before you go storming in (like we did) because it will help you get your bearings and plot your route and save precious time in the long run. Take a look at my GC page for more info. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Mather campground

by LouB213 Online Now Mar 30, 2004 at 3:47 PM

BUZZZ....have you been to the Grand Canyon? I'm interested in the same answers as I'm thinking about camping at the Mather. Thanx, LouB

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Grand Canyon National Park