Grand Bahama Island Travel Answers

change location
trumpteezer's Profile Photo

Viva Fortuna- Expectations??

by trumpteezer Online Now Aug 7, 2003 at 10:23 PM

Speaking of Viva Fortuna, does anyone have any opinions- experiences from this resort? I realize that it's not a 5 star hotel and I'm happy about that (not my thing), but just looking for some add'l info. I've read just about every review on Tripadvisor.com and wonder if there's anyone willing to share their experiences. Trumpy

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Viva Fortuna- Expectations??

by grandmaR Online Now Oct 12, 2003 at 11:45 AM

Don't know if you are still interested in this information but: Selene13 has a review of it under The Bahamas which says in part: Worst resort ever We were staying at the Club Viva Fortuna, a so-called all-inclusive resort which made for one of the worst accomodation experiences in my life. Apparently, it used to be nice... now it's really to be avoided. There is another VT review by drolkar which says: Description: CLUB FORTUNA is an Italian-owned all-inclusive resort that is located on Grand Bahama Island (near Freeport). I guess you could say it's kind of a 'European Club Med'. The staff is multilingual, the food is great, the beach is gorgeous... and the cocktails are lethal, thanks to 150 proof Bahamian rum. (I tried my first Bahama Mama while on the beach, and a few sips knocked me out to the point that I fell asleep under the afternoon sun! Fortunately, I don't burn easily...) The one drawback to Club Fortuna is that transportation to and from Freeport gets pricy -- USD15 each way for a car to the city. You can share with other hotel guests, though, which brings the price down considerably.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Grand Bahama Island