change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• camilo74's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by camilo74 Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hello , I would like to visit Granada this years and would like to know what is a good place to stay, know nothing about Granada, is it good to stay in Granada itself or in some other city or town nearby?

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • Which bus from Plaza Rotary to Plaza Nueva Granada ?

by pnrr Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Which number route bus(es) do I take to get from Plaza Rotary Zaidin Granada 18006 to Plaza Nueva ?

4 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM
    • ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

Need chip + pin credit card when picking up Alhambra tickets purchased on Ticketmaster?

by ABQ_Hugh Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Hi, we got tickets for the Alhambra via Ticketmaster, However our credit card is magnetic stripe, not chip and pin, and in fact I don't believe it has a pin, Will ticket machines work for retrieving the tickets,or if not, what are our options?

4 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • Transport in Spain

by irenemoore35 Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM

we would like to know about transport please We are going in October to Granada flying to Malaga Airport we would like to know about buses from there to Granada then after a few days there we go to Seville this would be on a Sunday and would like to know about trains or buses for that journey and fly back to England from there.

Thank You Regards Irene Moore

8 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • Transportation from Benalmadena and purchasing tickets.

by FalkirkBairn47 Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 8:05 AM

We are staying in Benalmadena for 10 days beginning 10 January. We have a little Spanish and have visited the Alhambra before several years ago. My wife is now less mobile due to Arthritis but she still wants to go. 2 questions please. What is now the best way to travel from Benalmadena (don't mind early) plus we shall not be driving, and what is the best way to buy tickets? Many thanks in advance. Muchas Gracias. Jaime

3 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM
    • snow without skiing!!

by helen686 Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 6:06 AM

I would like to visit a village in or around the sierra Nevada with my two little boys as we come from the north of England, but being born here in murcia my two boys have never experienced snow (when we've been back the great British weather has never accommodated us)¿¿ Can any one recommend an area, where they can build snowmen etc in January.

thank you

Helen

• Alhambra Tickets

by JimFitzg Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Booked tickets 24 hrs ago on ticketmonument.com
      Got email saying 'may take some hours' to confirm availability of tickets for my date.
      Getting worried in view of limited time available

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • ALSA problem booking

by TERRYTPM Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 1:57 PM

ALSA telling me bank has refused payment. This has NEVER happened and no reason for bank to refuse. Very frustrating after filling in bus trip application twice! Any suggestions please?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • Granada Stay

by TERRYTPM Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Arriving Malaga Monday 4 Nov. and going to Granada for 5 days.
      1. What's the best / reasonably priced way to get to Granada?
      2. Need a very good hotel in the centre - one that is busy and quite large
      3. Will weather mean we need warm clothing?

6 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    • Church with the marble statues

by achalkley Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Where is the church in Gaanada with the marble interior and marble statues

4 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    • From Granada to Cordoba early in the morning

by kater1 Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

How to get from Granada to Cordoba early morning? I will be there in October.

4 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • restaurants

by IntCoFl Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

what is the main street of Granada with restaurants

3 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • lgh's Profile Photo

Granada to Tangier

by lgh Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Hi all,

Would be grateful if anyone can share travel tips/advise on how best to reach Tangier from Granada.
      Is it better to take ferry from Algeciras to Tangier Med or take a train to Malaga and continue by bus to Tarifa and then take a ferry to Tangier? We will be using a travel guide in Tangier as we hope the chance of being hassled will be minimized this way. Thanks before hand.

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • viking76's Profile Photo

Bus to Sierra Nevada from Granada?

by viking76 Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I'm going from Granada to Monachil in Sierra Nevada in the middle of March 2013. I guess bus is the best transportation. Anybody who knows about prices and frequency?

5 Answers Feb 5, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • Granada February/March

by nbahrenb Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Hello,
      I am traveling to Granada with two others at the end of February/beginning of March to visit a family member abroad. We will be primarily staying in Granada with hopes for day trips around Andalucia.

I am looking for any recommendations for hotels, dining, day trips and the best way to utilize the 10 days we are there! We are open and flexible and are ready to explore all the region has to offer. We are looking to stay somewhere hotel, inn, whatever that can accommodate three people and is safe and clean.

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Granada by night (tours)

by jonathanbarker Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hello, we have just booked a morning trip to The Alhambra on the 8th February. We have read in the guide book that trips to the palace and gardens are available and wonder if you think it is worth a visit at night. There are two tours which run at the same time, the Nesrid Palace and the gardens. Does anyone recommend which one is better, thanks

7 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • Heathrow to Granada via Madrid,short connection time. Advice please!

by expatjapan Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I am a British citizen resident in Japan,and my British son and three Japanese will visit England and Spain at New Year.
      We booked tickets on the Internet from e-bookers travel agency.

At first in September they gave us the flight we requested and we had about 3 h 15m between flights,then they e mailed me that Iberia Airlines had changed our flight to a very long connection time flight from Madrid to Granada,arriving VERY late,no reason has been given why the change from agent or airline.

So at no extra charge,why should there be,I was offered a flight by e-Bookers with a SHORT connection time! Now we have just one hour and 15 minutes between flights at Madrid on January 2nd.According to the new Itinerary we arrive at Terminal 4 from Heathrow at ETA 14:45.WE must connect to an Air Nostrum flight with an IB code.Also terminal 4.I think their gates are Terminal 4,level 1North K86-K93.

A Belgium citizen told me that it will be an easy connection,without passport control for us,but how about in our case,Japanese and British,but flying Iberian from Heathrow?

So if anybody has a similar experience,your advice on making our connecting flight much appreciated!

Also ,even using the one e-ticket bought from on line e-bookers travel agent,can I check in on line,for both flights,I tried doing so yesterday using the Iberia site using my e-bookers record locator number, but couldn't! Probably will not accept it until the day before flight?
      Thanks.

8 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Alhambra tickets from agencies

by schmechi Online Now Sep 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Due to the fact, that the morning tickets for Alhambra are already sold out, I wondered wether it is possible to buy tickets from some agencies... I realize, that they'd be overpriced, but regarding my densely packed travel plans I'd bite the bullet.

I also read this hint: "Granada City Pass" - Granada Favorite Tip by Aitana. Do they really offer access authorization for every hour?

Thanx in advance!

7 Answers Sep 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM
    • Tickets to Alhambra

by adelwomen Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Help!! I'm trying to buy tickets online but the Ticketmaster site doesn't work. The only other option is an expensive guided tour and a recent post indicated there may be issues with that. I'd much prefer an independent ticket and don't want to risk waiting until we arrive (sept 19th) Any suggestions? Thanks!

10 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • Trip from Torrevieja to Granada

by Jackiet147 Online Now Jul 29, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Hi, I have been looking at organised coach trips from England to Granada, Seville and Cordoba however my sister has a home in Torrevieja and we would like to try to go from there by coach/ train but don't really know how to go about it. Any suggestions? We really would like an organised trip as none of us (6 people) are young! Is it possible to get an organised trip from Torrivieja at all?

3 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM
    • smeans2's Profile Photo

Parking for city, not the Alhambra

by smeans2 Online Now Apr 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I will soon be spending a couple of weeks south of Granada. In addition to a visit to the Alhambra, which I know has its own parking, I plan to visit the city (Cathedral, etc., and the Albaicín) at least once. I've been looking at public parking at http://granadamap.com/car_parks.htm, and the Ganivet car park on Calle Angel Ganivet seems about as central AND easy to access as any place on the map (I've even "driven" to it and back to the A-44 using Google street view, although as usual Google throws me off course a couple of times). Does any know this car park, and am I right about probably not getting lost, or is there a better choice? Is there a car park closer to the highway with bus access into the city? Would this be a better way to go?

3 Answers May 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM
    • Taxi

by travelie Online Now Apr 28, 2012 at 4:47 AM

How much would a taxi cost from the bus station to Alhambra and how long would it take. Thanks

5 Answers May 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    • baltic_2005's Profile Photo

Alhambra visit?...

by baltic_2005 Online Now Apr 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Hi,: )
      I am planning a day trip to Granda from Malaga later this month. I will be alone on this trip. I can probably arrange to arrive at between 9 am and 10 am and stay until about 7 pm. I wondered if it is realistic to try to see the famous Alhambra palace in this time...and if so how this can be achieved. I can add that I am not very keen on big touristic attractions or spending a lot of time inside preferring to be out in the open and to meet people in the street and take in the atmosphere of a place. In context I have visited the Tower of London here in London with guests from overseas but would not send a visitor there alone for the day.
      Thanks for reading this and any responses...
      Baltic

9 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    • BKman491's Profile Photo

Valencia to Granada - Fly or Drive or Bus?

by BKman491 Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

What is the best option to go from Valencia to Granada.

What airlines fly from Valencia or Barcelona to Granada? I'm traveling with 5 people, that includes me. So i'm also considering driving and our family member there has his own car. I'm thinking driving may be cheaper but flying also seems like a viable option if its not too expensive.

Any recommendations/tips/info regarding this is welcome. Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    • Granada

by inapagan88 Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

how many days should i stay in granada to see it and the close by cities (sevilla)?

7 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    • TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Granda to Seville

by TooTallFinn24 Online Now Mar 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

What is the quickest and most comfortable means to travel from Granada to Seville? Train or specific bus company? Private auto is not an option on this phase of the trip.

17 Answers Jun 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    • Genealogical Information for Granada, Pinos Puente

by topwop Online Now Feb 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I will be in Granada the end of April 2012 and will be looking for genealogical information so that I can find record of my grandparents and great grandparents who I believe to be from Pinos Puente. Any ideas on how to proceed?
      gracias

3 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    • GRANADA

by klemen.jeranko Online Now Jan 25, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Hello!
      Me and my wife are planing a road trip throw the Spain. We want to stay in GRANADA,MALAGA,GIBRALTAR,CORDOBA. I would like to know the prices for hotels or hostels in these cities. If there is a chance I would like a good and cheap hostels or hotels. I am interested for a rent a car in GRANADA, if you know some of this. Well, my name is Klemen and I come from Slovenia.
      Thank you for your answers

by

6 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    • New Years in Granada

by mayadude Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM

We will be in Granada from December 29 –January 8th

What is going on in the city during this time?

What are some suggestions of things to do on New Years eve and New Years day?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

1 Answer Dec 12, 2011 at 4:42 AM
    • Suggestion for convenient hotel with easy parking

by micmik Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Will be arriving in Granada early morning (o/n train from Barelona), and staying in Granada for 2 nights before heading down to Ronda. Plan to pick up our rental car on day 2 so that we can head off early morning on day 3.

Any suggestion which hotel I should pick? Easy access to attractions, train station, car parking, etc? Preferably 3 star or better. Saw Hotel Arabeluj which looks amazing - but reviews seem to say it's really far/steep climb involved. Is it that bad?

2 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM