Granada Travel Answers

change location
lindaellerbee's Profile Photo

Bus and Hostel inquiries

by lindaellerbee Online Now Jul 2, 2008 at 3:49 PM

I'm spending 2 weeks in Grecia, Costa Rica and will be taking a bus to Granada afterwards. Problem is I'm not sure if it's possible to go directly there. Would I need to pass through Managua? Any advice on making this trip is greatly appreciated! If it matters at all, I'm a little white female solo backpacker with very little along the lines of an "itinerary" as I'm highly spontaneous..

Also I've done a good bit of research on hostels (including numerous VT pages) in Granada but am quite indecisive. Any recommendations/experiences? This is my first major solo trip and I'm excited!

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lindaellerbee's Profile Photo

Re: Bus and Hostel inquiries

by lindaellerbee Online Now Jul 5, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Never mind on the bus info, I hadn't realized a post I made a month ago had replies. What a noob.. :)

Still, experiences with and recommendations for hotels/hostels geared towards a backpacker's budget would be excellent.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Bus and Hostel inquiries

by bleary747 Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Granada is a great place, it is easy to get a bus from Costa Rica Comes right to Granada. The best place to stay is Casa San Francisco, it is inexpensive and the best deal in town, food is great too. Have fun

• Re: Bus and Hostel inquiries

by casamb Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 3:12 PM

hi there!

Just got back a month ago...stayed at Hostel Oasis...$8.00 for dorm...comfortable beds, good lockers (but only 4 common bathrooms) only breakfast is served...good location. There's great cheap tipico place less than a block called QueRube's, buffet style, excellent food! Hostel Oasis also has a plunge pool inside, very refreshing and clean. Free internet too! (not an important thing to me but is for some travelers) The hostel is also very western which could be a plus for some and a negative for others.

If you have the time...go to Laguna de Apoyo!!! I stayed overnight at the Crater's Edge...they run a shuttle to and from the laguna out of the Oasis...you can do just a day trip...use the internet phone down the street to call for overnight avail and ask for Ann, the owner...WONDERFUL!!! Has dorms or private rooms...great meals, some of the best of my trip!

hope this helps...i can't wait to go back to Nic!! safe travels

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Granada