Grampian

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more

Popular Grampian Travel Answer Locations

• means of transportation from the airport to the city centre

Aberdeen Sep 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

hellow every body ,can any one tell me how to get to Royal hotell 1-3 Bath st from Aberdeen ABZ airport using a bus rather than ataxi?
      thanks a lot

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • banff restaurants

Banff Jul 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

my question is what good but cheap restaurants or cafes are there in Banff as I am just visiting and I am meeting with a old friend of mine so I would really like some good feed back,

thanks you very much hope you give me some great feed back

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    • KathiK's Profile Photo

Where to buy groceries near Alamo Car Rental, 16 Broomhill Road, Aberdeen?

Aberdeen Jun 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

We need to stock up for our road trip!

5 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    • Urgent accommodation help required

Aberdeen Jul 30, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Hi arriving in Aberdeen sometime later today, sooner than planned. Can anyone advise of accommodation for my husband and myself, reasonably priced and clean, b & b, hotel, gues house, , looking for two nights. Grateful for all all help

Cheers

2 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • DubaiRes's Profile Photo

WHISKY TRAIL - Hotels

Aberdeen May 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM

HELP! After telling my son-in-law from Australia that it would be a fun thing to do .... HOTELS FULL! Surely there must be a good recommendation that would host 3 gentlemen for a couple of nights. Any recommendations? URGENTLY NEEDED.
      Thanks

5 Answers May 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    • ChrisB244's Profile Photo

A week in Aberdeen

Aberdeen Sep 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Hello, I'll be arriving in late Oct. for 5 days of training. The evenings will be mine and I'd like to sample the dining and nightlife. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I should dine and drink while I visit?

• accommodation

Aberdeen Jul 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Hi

I will be having a one night stopover with my sister in Aberdeen, can anyone recommend good clean budged accommodation.
      Cheers

• nuppe's Profile Photo

Herring holiday

Aberdeen Jun 19, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I plan some kind of a herring pilgrimage; searching for herring towns, museums or centers with information of the herring part of maritime heritage - and even places to eat herring in a traditional way. I think I prefere the East Coast, but not necessarily. Could you help me with one to three suggestions of destinations?

19 Answers Nov 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    • Where is Alford?

Aberdeen Jun 7, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Hello! My husband and I are visiting Aberdeen in about two weeks. We noticed there's a town called "Alford" which is my husband's surname. We wanted to visit, perhaps hire a car and drive there, but wanted to check to see if it was worth spending part of the two days we'll be there. Thanks very much for your help.

5 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 3:10 AM
    • ketch1973's Profile Photo

asian shops/grocers

Aberdeen Jun 3, 2008 at 11:27 AM

hi everyone,

i am moving to aberdeen shortly from sydney and have devloped a real taste for asian food since living there. i dont mean the usual indian or westernised chinese restraunt fare but the more authentic styles. can anyone tell me if there are anywhere like that in aberdeen??
      i have found the yatai japanese restraunts webpage which looks good. i have also been told about a chinese supermarket called "campbells" in torry. does anyone know if that is still there and if so is it any good? do they have fresh chinese produce there or is it mostly all the dried foods?
      i am also intersested in any thai or malaysian market stalls or small shops that may be around the city.

any help is greatly appreciated.
      regards,
      mike.

3 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    • iaint's Profile Photo

any ideas?

Aberdeen May 21, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I may have an overnight trip to Aberdeen next weekend. I've stayed in 4 hotels there over the last 5-6 years (Hilton, Holiday Inn Express, Premier Inn & Patio), and wouldn't rush back to any of them. Probably fine if you've just had 3 weeks on an oil rig, but thats as far as it goes.

I've looked at a few websites, and can't find anything appealing except maybe the Marriott in Dyce. Any ideas anyone?

I hate "traditional" Scottish places, I'm OK with chains (budget or not) and B&Bs. Like boutique places too.

So long as its clean, quiet, welcoming and non smoking, I'm flexible on price (on my last trip to the NE I paid £27 bed & breakfast in the local British Legion Club and it was fine; in Brussels last week I paid a good bit more for Le Meridien).

5 Answers Feb 22, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    • on ground travel in Aberdeenshire?

Aberdeen May 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I'm going to travel around the Castle Trail in August from St. Andrews, to Aberdeen, to Elgin or Huntly, to Inverness. What is the best way to get around? Do the buses take people on the castle trail route? Are there trains to and from these cities?

3 Answers May 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    • ultra_violet's Profile Photo

Grampian Town, Near Aberdeen

Grampian Jan 26, 2008 at 6:02 AM

If you had just one night to spend in a town in the Grampian region, easily reachable from Aberdeen, where would it be?

7 Answers Feb 1, 2008 at 7:08 PM
    • Aberdeen for the summer

Aberdeen Jan 18, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Myself and a couple of friends are thinking of working for the summer in Britain. There're a few cities we are considering going to and to help us narrow our (very long) list I was just wondering if anyone would like to offer some input as to whether or not Liverpool would be a good choice for the summer.
      We'd be looking for somewhere where
      - Job availibility won't be a problem
      - A decent nightlife for 20 year olds
      - Cheap cost of living, or at least, not expensive
      - There's a nice amount of touristy things to do.

Really, REALLY appreciate feedback!

3 Answers Jan 24, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    • question

Banff Mar 25, 2007 at 4:53 PM

would somebody be able to tell me when the spotty bag shop is open please

• billbing's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel or Bed & Breakfast

Stonehaven Mar 20, 2007 at 10:48 PM

I wonder if someone knew a hotel or a bed and breakfast for budget conscious travellers at Stonehaven in Scotland. My husband and I are planning for a trip to Scotland and one of the place that we want to go is Stonehaven. It is better to get a first hand information from VTers based on their experiences.

Thanks

• norvegiasara's Profile Photo

help needed:hotel travel lodge is it too bad?

Aberdeen Feb 21, 2007 at 5:18 AM

HI!!
      i've seen some tips about travel lodge aberdeen central and all are terrible !
      did somebody stay there and could tell me how it is really?
      please help me!!!
      sara

5 Answers Mar 18, 2008 at 1:31 PM
    • norvegiasara's Profile Photo

1 night stay in aberdeen

Aberdeen Feb 7, 2007 at 4:09 AM

HI!
      i'll be in aberdeen in travel lodge hotel central.
      i would like to know if it's a good accomodation and central one!
      i also need to know if the hotel is close to the harbour and if it's easy to reach!
      thank you.
      sara

1 Answer Feb 7, 2007 at 6:37 AM
    • Cheaper cashmere in Aberdeen area

Aberdeen Dec 3, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Hello,

This is a cheap question but I am holding out some hope there may be someone out there who can help. I was wondering, as so many lovely cashmere products get made in Scotland, is there anyway of buying them cheaper locally in the Aberdeen area rather than paying loads and loads but just loads instead so while I am visiting I can get my sister, who loves quality cashmere, (who doesn't work for a charity!) a christmas present I can near enough afford.

Any help/tips/advice much apreciated!

Thanks
      Alex

• aberdeen at New Year?!?

Aberdeen Nov 30, 2006 at 7:08 AM

can anyone tell me what aberdeen is like for new year celebrations....do they have any special events organised?

2 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 2:27 PM
    • Brig Inn Hotel

Aberdeen Oct 17, 2006 at 11:59 AM

Please could you tell me if The Brig Inn Hotel, Ellon Rd, Bridge of Don is any good? Also does anyone know what facilities the rooms and hotel have?

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 25, 2006 at 2:41 AM
    • living in aberdeen

Aberdeen Oct 15, 2006 at 10:53 PM

Hi guyz!

my friend and i plan to pursue our study at Aberdeen University.
      My friend will be doing his phd in march 2007 and i'll be doing my Msc in late 2007...

If anyone can share their views on how is life in aberdeen (i.e. cost of living) and how to travel to aberdeen from london?

Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 9, 2006 at 7:41 AM
    • thinking about moving to Aberdeen and working in Oil and Gas

Aberdeen Aug 29, 2006 at 9:13 AM

I have a ton of questions. I am currently living and working in Calgary, Alberta Canada, but I've always wanted to live overseas. What is a decent Salary in Euros there? Where do people typically live, and is it expensive to live in Aberdeen relative to other cities (if you can compare to Cdn cities that would be great, but don't worry about it if you aren't sure).

I am an oil and gas accountant with 3 yrs experience, what is the job market like there, and do I need to have an offer of employment before I move. How difficult is it to get a work permit/visa?

Is there anything else that you think I should know before I start preparing to do this?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me,

Jay

3 Answers Jan 22, 2008 at 8:31 AM
    • The Nargile

Aberdeen Aug 10, 2006 at 7:53 AM

I am thinking of going to The Nargile restaurant for a meal this weekend, however i am a vegetarian and wondered if they have a good vegetarian menu?

• St Mary Old Kirk Yard.

Banff Aug 6, 2006 at 10:44 AM

We visited the old kirk yard and was fasinated by the symbols on the graves can any body tell us the meanings of them ie skull skeltons and crossbows?? there was an timer of some discription we found Banff a loveley and fasinating place and hope to spend more time there when we come again to Scotland.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2006 at 10:58 AM
    • What building is this???

Aberdeen Jul 20, 2006 at 6:01 AM

I was in Aberdeen last week and walked past a disused factory on my way from Jamaica Steet to the City Centre.The factory ( I assume it was a factory) in question had two very tall towers in its grounds,one was a good bit taller then the other.They were round and had a platform and windows around the top.
      Has anyone any info on what these towers were for?

Thanks
      cslogg

2 Answers Aug 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM
    • Moving to Aberdeen 2006

Aberdeen Jun 29, 2006 at 7:50 AM

My family and I are moving with my husband's job to Aberdeen in summer 2006. I wondered if anyone out there could recommend a good butchers and whether the fish market at Aberdeen harbour I have heard about is open to the general public or just trade, and whether anyone knows of any other good food shops in the area.

Many thanks

1 Answer Jun 30, 2006 at 2:45 AM
    • Wanted accomadation in Fraserburgh at reasonable price

Fraserburgh Jun 1, 2006 at 8:50 PM

Wanted a nice place to stay in Sept for two night, double twin beds, thanks

• Fresh grad moving to Aberdeen

Aberdeen Mar 29, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Hi Everyone.

I'm moving to Aberdeen in August as I've got a job offer over there. My work place would be in Dyce. I need some advice on
      1. where, and
      2. how I can search for accommodation around.

I'd like to rent a one bedroom apartment, hopefully something below 300 or even 250 pounds per month.

Alternatively, To be honest, I wouldn't mind staying in a multiple bedroom apartment as well, as long as I can get a private room for myself. If this is the case, what sort of monthly rental can I expect?

Basically my criteria would be
      1. low cost
      2. safe
      3. near to Dyce

Please advice yea!

Thanks a lot everyone!

4 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 7:56 AM
    • Best Viewpoints in Aberdeen Day & Night?

Aberdeen Feb 26, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best viewpoints in Aberdeen, both day and night. I've been to the Tory Battery, it's one of my favourite spots, but was curious about other places. I noticed there was a hill above the airport, is there a view from there? Any other ideas?

thanks for the suggestions

1 Answer Jun 27, 2006 at 4:21 PM