Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• DenisP15's Profile Photo

Diving Pula

Croatia May 21, 2015 at 2:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Thinking and looking for some interesting diving places in Croatia.
      Planning to arrive there in july this year.
      Keep in mind several destinations to stay, Pula or Dubrovnik.

So need some advice to decide at list, where to go, have some fun, sun and diving in particular.
      We are Padi OWDs, and can dive nor deeper than 20 meters.

Please be welcome to advise some services providers, dive shops, round Pula,
      to have some boat diving to any awesome places, what should expect to see underwater.

I was wondering if you could tell more about diving in common and particulary, weather conditins, water temperature, dive safety in this region.

Thanks in advance

more
    • DenisP15's Profile Photo

Diving Dubrovnil

Croatia May 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi,
      Thinking about visit Dubrovnic in the middle of summer, this year.
      Looking for some advices about diving round Dubrovnik arhipelago.
      I'm Padi OWD, as well as my wife.
      And we are allowed to dive only up to 20 meters.
      So what are the depths round there?
      Any advice about awesome dive sites near by?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Where can we buy a television?

Supetar May 22, 2015 at 3:17 AM

In June we are in holiday in postira on the island brac and we need to buy a television. Does anyone know, where we can buy a television on the island brac, perhaps in supetar? There was a store "robot", is the store still open?

Thanks for your answers ;-)

more
    • romeohotel's Profile Photo

Wheel chair accessible

Dubrovnik May 4, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Can you suggest a wheel chair friendly restaurant in the old town.
      We prefer local to touristy.
      Thanks

more
    • Zagreb to Split

Croatia May 18, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi ,

We will be travelling to Croatia in month of Aug 2015.We ll be arriving in Zagreb on 6th Aug morning and go to the plitvice lakes and later in evening travel to zadar or split. but our train arrives at 8:45 in the morning and the bus to the lake is at 8 40 ,the next bus is at 10 30.
      so i was wondering if there is any other alternate transport to the lake in the morning?

more
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Diving permission in Croatia

Croatia May 5, 2015 at 6:54 AM

I am surfing the Web and collect any info that a tourist scuba diver may need for its trip (me, for example). And I can't be sure as for the diving permission in Croatia. Some say that it is needed anyway and it costs 100 kunas (local currency, about 12 euro), but some say that the permission is not necessary in case you dive with a dive center. But If you deside to dive with your buddy and without dive centers' services, you will have to pay 330 euros per year!

Please advice, If you dove not long ago in Croatia and know the answer.

more
    • Dubrovnik Viewpoints & Bus Question

Dubrovnik May 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Where are the best viewpoints to get to in order to see that beautiful view of Old Town from above, surrounded by water I often see in photos? Is it east of the city (Bosanka area, on drive up to cable car station, other location?) or west? Where are Boninovo Cliffs? I know there are nice views from the cable car, but I was hoping to find something that gets a view from the east, I guess. Also, is there a particular time to go to these viewpoints? Are any available by Libertas bus in late afternoon or evening? What about the Cabrio bus view - I see it stops for photos, although I'm not sure how high up that is, or whether they let you off to take pictures or just take pictures from the bus. About how much would it cost to go up to the best place by cab, stopping for about 10 minutes for pictures, and then returning to Old Town?

Also, I may try to take a Libertas bus from Gruz to Old Town. I have read, however, something that implies that the buses may be overcrowded at times and I would have to wait for one with space. I'll be visiting late September on a week day around 8:30 AM. Is it possible I will have to wait for several buses before I can get on?

Thanks.

Thanks.

more
    • Elanajane's Profile Photo

Getting from Zadar to Rijeka

Zadar May 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM

We are travelling to Croatia in 4 months times and are wanting to book a tour to Krka national park. The tour returns to Zadar at 5ish. We are needing to get to Rijeka that night and the only bus I can find is 6.15. I'm a little concerned we won't get back in time to catch it. Is there any other buses/trains that will get us there.
      Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Krk or Istria - which one to choose?

Croatia May 5, 2015 at 1:30 AM

Hello everyone

We are 3 girls going to Croatia this September for 8 nights and trying to make our choice between Istria or Krk island.

The main criteria for us are:

- safety (which region is better in regards of safety)
      - interesting historical places (where there are more historical places to discover)
      - nice beaches (are there any sandy beaches in Croatia)
      - campsites (are there good rated campings with wifi, electricity, shower, toilets, hot water)
      - and possibility to experience scuba diving (are there any good places to dive, is it possible to dive without prior experience, is it possible to dive in Croatia in September)

During this time we want to see and experience as much as possible as this is our first trip together in many years and we want it to be very interesting.

Transportation in the region is also important. How easy it is to get to interesting places, are there shops, supermarkets, dive centers, etc?

Thanks everybody in advance.

Val

more
    • Travel with friends

Croatia Apr 25, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hi everybody,

We are a group of 8 friends and we would like to spend a week in Croatia early September after our exam session. None of us has ever visited this country, so all your advice are welcome.
      We would like to rent a house near the sea. Having no car, we would like to be in an area where we can move easily with public transport.
      What advice can you give us about the places to visit as well as the weather that made it?

Thank you for your tips !

more
    • diment69's Profile Photo

Top wrecks to dive in Istria, Croatia

Croatia May 5, 2015 at 12:53 AM

Could you please suggest must see wrecks on Istria, except well known Baron Gautsch? I want to make 4-5 dives in total and I adore wreck diving.

Thanks!

more
    • Which places are a must visit?

Croatia Apr 26, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Croatia in mid June. I was already in Zagreb and plitvicka lakes before, and now I'm more into the Croatian rivieria, nice views/beaches and places to explore. I'm traveling by bus from Budapest. I really hope I can travel with public transportation because I won't rent a car. This is my plan - I hope you can tell me what to add or change. I can get off first at rovinj or pula. I think I can start with 2 nights in rovinj (because I'll get there only in 18:50 so I need another day for the place and beach) and after 1 night in pula. after that I thought to continue with 1 night in opatija and then 1 night in zadar. after that 1 night in split and after 1 night in omis with a day trip to the island of brac. After that continue to 2 nights in Dubrovnik. From there bus to mostar. How does it sound?? it looks like too many nights and I'm on a budget so maybe it would be smart to cut some places.... And do you think I should book in advance the hotels? I want to be flexible but I'm afraid if I wouldn't book in advance it would cost a lot......
      Thanks for any help!!!

more