Gozo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wedding in Mellieha Bay Malta

Mellieha Apr 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Hi has anyone got married at Mellieha Bay hotel in Malta. if so how was your day.. My son and partner due to get married there in June,
      Thanks
      Jan x

more
    • about resort

Sliema Apr 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

staying in silema for six nights in july,just wondering if it is a quiet resort,dont know anything about malta.

more
    • Transport from Nice to Malta (Valletta?)

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I have been looking for fast and reasonable transport from the Nice airport to Valletta, without success. The few flights I find all go via a connecting city, most often in the wrong direction. A round trip seems to run upwards of 300 Euros. I tought that perhaps there might also be a high-speed ferry alternative, but again, find nothing.

We are thinking of taking a 3 day break there in mid or late May. All suggestions are welcome.

Carl

more
    • Best (most central?) location to be on Malta?

Malta Mar 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM

We are thinking of a 3 or 4 day excursion to Malta in late May. There are a number of islands, etc. We don't want to move every day. How easy is it to go from one to the other by ferry for a day-trip? All suggestions are welcome, including hotels. We will consider upscale as long as its worth the experience.

Thanks.

Carl

more
    • Raimix's Profile Photo

Malta in almost full week

Malta Apr 13, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Hello ;)

I booked flights to Malta for second part of May. It would be nice to know what are the basic places to visit in Malta during 7 days. Priorities are sightseeing, also some time being in beach and probably clubbing at least one evening ;)

As I understood, Valletta could be the best place to stay because of transportation? What weather to expect in second part of May?

As for know I believe Valletta sightseeing could be at least for one day and also full daytrip to Gozo ;)

Thanks for help,
      Greetings
      Raimundas.

more
    • Mgarr Gozo

by linnmoy Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM

how many bars are there in mgarr, Thinking of travelling with my husband and 17 year old daughter. We want a quiet and relaxing holiday looking at the Grand in Mgarr but wondered if there was any nightlife at all. we don't want lively bars but would like a few. cheers

3 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM
    • is kempenski fine or any other beach resort

by bagpackngo Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I am fine with a nice resort in gozo with resturants around for nice scenary any hotel suggestion

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Marsalforn salt pans

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 6:38 AM

We'll be having a couple of days at a hotel in Marsalforn. Can we walk to the salt pans - and how long would it take? Or is there a bus? (We won't be driving.)

Steve.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 3:53 AM
    • Where to stay overnight in gozo

by julesloz Online Now May 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Looking to spend 1 night in gozo preferably a B&b with seaview and a choice of bars and restaurants, whre would you suggest?

4 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    • mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Places of interest

by mickeyboy07 Online Now Jan 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Will be visiting gozo in March as part of our Malta holiday just wondering where the best places of interest,local history etc are?

13 Answers Jan 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    • deemoss's Profile Photo

GOZO at Christmas Time

by deemoss Online Now Dec 3, 2012 at 6:21 AM

hi,

I booked 5 nights to malta after christmas and will be there for new year. And the hotel we are booked in have terrible reviews. I am thinking of going to Gozo for a night and unsure where to stay, as I know it will be quiet but can anyone suggest a village or town that might have a bit going on restaurants etc etc, any tips much appreciated

6 Answers Dec 13, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    • Supermarkets

by alisdair1 Online Now Feb 10, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Is the supermarket underneath McDonalds in Victoria open on Saturday afternoon and what is it called?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    • Restaurant Discount Cards

by Bishopbriggs Online Now Jan 29, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Hi ... Virtual tourists

Does anyone issue DISCOUNT CARDS for Gozo restaurants ?

2 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    • Where in Gozo are the Limestone Quarries ?

by Bishopbriggs Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Where on Gozo are the Limestone Quarries where all the building blocks come from ?

Thank You

7 Answers Nov 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM
    • Car Hire and Taxi Info Wanted

by Bishopbriggs Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Hi I shall be at a Villa in Gozo in June ... Can anyone recommend a reliable Car Hire Company on the Island .
      Thank you !

2 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    • over night

by dhorsebox Online Now Jan 2, 2010 at 4:02 PM

plan on visting in march,, is it possible to get B+B or hotel on the day if i decide to stay overnight

2 Answers Jan 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM
    • Buying Gozo honey from the UK

by irisburton Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 6:57 AM

After a holiday in Malta, I now want to buy more honey from Gozo. I live in London. Is there a retailer on Gozo that will send me honey or a website to do this?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    • jessica's Delights

by Micdude23 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 7:45 AM

When does it open and close?

• hellow

by jdeb4 Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 1:13 AM

nixtiq insaqsikom il ala titrataw in nies ta
      malta ek gejna il grota is sipt li
      ada u disgustajna ruhna kona 4 kopji
      tali tali thalna bis ax rawna maltin zamina 10 euro ir ras u shabna
      ghawcin li dahlu ftit tard aktar mina
      ma halsu xejn il lejn bis swina bejnitn
      200euro xorb+80 euro ohra thul u triduna
      nergu nigu ta joy meta kien iriklamat 10euro
      + cd biex tara li fotejtuna flentratura
      umbad gergru haba ix xoll kwiet
      ax matejdux li xhin taraw malti tisolhuh

5 Answers Jul 19, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    • Drop -in Accommodation

by Jagungal Online Now Jul 17, 2008 at 11:52 PM

We are travelling to Malta from 6th August for a week. We are planning to spend three nights in Valletta and two nights on Gozo. Is it possibe to find accommodation on arrival to Gozo at this time of year? I hate pre-booking
      Thankyou in advance.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2008 at 3:26 AM
    • Robsessed's Profile Photo

Gozo trip with children

by Robsessed Online Now Jun 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM

We are planning a trip to Gozo and would like advice on interesting places we can visit with the kids (apart from beaches, swimming etc), and budget restaurants where the kids can have a nice time. Any advice much appreciated! Thanks

4 Answers Aug 18, 2008 at 5:17 AM
    • cherrybug's Profile Photo

Santa Margerita Farm House

by cherrybug Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Has anyone stayed here in Gozo or knwo what it's like? I have booked it for a week but can't find any reviews at all anywhere on the web. Hoping it's okay.
      Thanks, Cherry

4 Answers Jun 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Snorkelling

by cherrybug Online Now Jun 4, 2007 at 4:48 AM

Hi - Coming to Gozo last week in June. I will do some diving but my partner doesn't dive but would like to snorkel. We're staying in a village just outside Xlendi but are hiring a car for the week so can go anywhere.

What are the best beaches for snorkelling?

Thanks, Cherry

2 Answers Jun 5, 2007 at 7:30 PM
    • Tall Order....

by PrincessPink Online Now May 25, 2007 at 7:22 AM

It could be the best or the worst idea ever but my Mum has decided that she would like all of her children (and grandchhildren) to go on holiday together next May to celebrate her special birthday - of which I am not allowed to reveal the actual number to anyone, let's just say 21 again!!! She has been to Gozo before and absolutely loved it and due to ages ranging from 8 up to great thought it would be an ideal spot. I'm looking for something with at least seven bedrooms for 14 people - a farmhouse or a couple of farmhouses together? Any suggestions would be greatfully received.

4 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 3:16 AM
    • Farmhouse

by Bernie631 Online Now Apr 26, 2007 at 6:02 AM

Looking for nice farmhouse with pool on gozzo, 11th - 18th August 2007. 4 Adults, (2 couples. Pref looking for a quiet place with good scenery with views of countryside or sea. Hopefully only short walk to beach. Main activites are to be diving walking + some eating & drinking

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Bernadette

4 Answers Sep 9, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    • KeithBarry's Profile Photo

Cheap good accomodation on Gozo

by KeithBarry Online Now Oct 18, 2006 at 4:12 AM

Can anyone recommend good cheap accomodation on Gozo. Anything considered!

3 Answers Nov 6, 2006 at 1:54 AM
    • Sailboat Charters

by bjorn523 Online Now Jun 28, 2006 at 10:31 PM

Seven of us will be travelling to Gozo in mid July 2006. We would like to sail around the area or possibly book a sunset sail. Is there any private sailboat operators who cater to this sort of activity. There was a company on Malta that offered Sunset cruises, however they only run them on Saturdays which we cannot attend due to leaving early the next morning.

Looking forward to any feedback.

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 29, 2006 at 10:50 AM

Snorkelling in Gozo

by cherrybug Online Now Jul 21, 2005 at 3:13 AM

Does anyone know the best area to stay in Gozo for good snorkelling. My friend is staying in a villa or farmhouse rather than a hotel and wants to have access to good beaches with snorkelling.
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2005 at 12:03 PM
    • throwtoy's Profile Photo

Serena Hotel

by throwtoy Online Now Nov 9, 2004 at 12:43 PM

ok, so we were supposed to stay at Serena Hotel for our honeymoon, but there might be a problem. i guess there were some complaints and the timeshare palce called and wants to move us. Serena had the feel that we wanted being more laid back than a huge resort type place. has anyone stayed at Serena or know anything about it??

1 Answer Nov 25, 2004 at 2:38 AM
    • londonbabe's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Gozo - Serena Hotel?

by londonbabe Online Now Jul 23, 2003 at 12:33 PM

Hey - the first question in the Gozo forum :-) I found details for the Serena Hotel - apparently it makes its own wine, so sounds perfect for us. Anyone recommend it? Or anywhere else? We may be staying less than a week, so can't take a villa, but would like to stay somewhere that isn't concrete. Thanks Sarah

6 Answers Aug 10, 2004 at 11:58 AM