Gozo Travel Answers

change location
londonbabe's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Gozo - Serena Hotel?

by londonbabe Online Now Jul 23, 2003 at 12:33 PM

Hey - the first question in the Gozo forum :-) I found details for the Serena Hotel - apparently it makes its own wine, so sounds perfect for us. Anyone recommend it? Or anywhere else? We may be staying less than a week, so can't take a villa, but would like to stay somewhere that isn't concrete. Thanks Sarah

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Gozo - Serena Hotel?

by HORSCHECK Online Now Jul 23, 2003 at 12:57 PM

Sarah, you MUST stay in a "fluffy bathrobe with turn down service place ... " :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • londonbabe's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Accommodation in Gozo - Serena Hotel?

by londonbabe Online Now Jul 23, 2003 at 2:15 PM

Thank you!!! Hey I think there are buses in Gozo - I will take some and tell you when they go and how much they cost. You can even get a helicopter from Malta to Gozo - I think I will take that just so I can show off to you :-)) Am reading 'The Road to McCarthy' - it's very funny.

• Anthro's Profile Photo

by Anthro Online Now Jul 24, 2003 at 1:46 PM

Why not stay on the main island of Malta and ride the ferry to Gozo? There is so much to see on the main island. I just spent 2 weeks in Malta conducting research and I had a wonderful time. If you have not been there before, check out the Malta Experience in Valletta. It's a multi-media video that explains the history and sites of Malta's 7,000 year history. It's perfect if you have not been exposed to their culture prior to your arrival or if you are short of time. This way, you can pick and choose what to see. Bus transportation can get you all around the island and attractions are nicely marked. You'll have a fabulous time!

• Re: Accommodation in Gozo - Serena Hotel?

by KennethJBorg Online Now Jul 26, 2003 at 5:42 PM

Hi Sarah, Gozo villas do rent for less then a week. If you need any help contact me on kenneth@62582.com and I'll point you out to the relevant websites to book..

• londonbabe's Profile Photo

by londonbabe Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 1:24 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies. Alas, my boyfriend's business trip has now been changed and it looks like we won't have time to make it to Gozo. But I have lots of useful information for next time - thanks again! Sarah

• throwtoy's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Gozo - Serena Hotel?

by throwtoy Online Now Aug 10, 2004 at 11:58 AM

My fiance and i are staying at Serena Hotel for our Honeymoon. His sister owns a timeshare that we're using. has anyone stayed at this Hotel. Anything i should know??

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines