Gotland Travel Answers

change location
MDUBYAZ's Profile Photo

GOTLAND in early August

by MDUBYAZ Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 7:13 PM

Headed to Gotland for 3+ days in the very beginning of August. I was wondering if this is still considered a fun time to visit, or, if the people have all gone home. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Ha det bra.

MD

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: GOTLAND in early August

by Sjalen Online Now Jul 11, 2006 at 11:04 PM

Anything up until school starts around 20 August is a good time in Sweden so enjoy a great island! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Rojo72's Profile Photo

RE: GOTLAND in early August

by Rojo72 Online Now Jul 13, 2006 at 12:11 PM

I wouldn't quite agree with Shalen. Having lived on the island for a year and having talked to a lot off friends it would seem that the "party"-part of the summer on Gotland dies with the end of the "week of the dark ages". This is always in week 32 every year, this week aug 6th-13th so you should be alright.

Have a GREAT time!
    /Roger

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: GOTLAND in early August

by Sjalen Online Now Jul 15, 2006 at 2:19 AM

Good to know Roger, then Gotland is even more "traditionally Swedish" in the negative sense that everything closes to tourists in August...:(

• MDUBYAZ's Profile Photo

RE: RE: GOTLAND in early August

by MDUBYAZ Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 12:24 PM

Rojo and Slojen,

Thanks for the great information. I will go mingle with the friendly Swedes. I was there last June and had an absolute blast! I recommend GOTLAND to anyone I meet that is travelling to Scandinavia. I am working on updating my homepage to incorporate the good times I had there. Tussen Takk!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines