Gotland Travel Answers

change location
Hockeylady's Profile Photo

Accommodation for a cycling trip

by Hockeylady Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 4:01 AM

I'm planning a cycling trip to Gotland next summer 2004. I wonder which guesthouses, b&b:s, cabins, country farms or other accommodation services (but not the hotels) are the nicest and friendliest plus can tolerate four cycklists staying only one night in one place. Has anyone tried their services?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation for a cycling trip

by Deus_ultima Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 5:34 AM

I don't know where Gotland is...but I know the Hockey season starts in a month! :D

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 6:08 AM

Well Deus, when you go to Sweden, Gotland is not to be missed - it's the largest island in the Baltic Sea. I've never tried it Kiki but Gotland is known for its cycle packages so you shouldn't have any trouble. My cousin has been camping all over the island and loved it. Try this one for accommodation search... http://gotland.net/

• Psife's Profile Photo

by Psife Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 6:57 AM

As Sjalen said, cycling is very common on Gotland so there shouldn't be any problems. I know there are even one week cycling packages, "Pedaling Around", where you rent a bike and include 6 accommondations along your route. Try gtsab.se/english/cklpkt/inde...

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 6:59 AM

Oh, and look at El Sueco's pages as he's been there. Maybe not cycling but you could mail him and ask.

• Hockeylady's Profile Photo

by Hockeylady Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 11:03 PM

-> Deus U: Do you think that I haven't noticed :D Cannot wait until the 12th Sept! Seriously: Yes, I know those packages, but I was wondering to make it otherwise. I quess I have to contact Gotland's touristservice to make me a tailored package. Maybe they can add a night in a sheep or horse farm to our tour; I'll ask. We'll bring our own bikes and I try to find a direct transportation from Finland to Visby. This year Silja Opera was cruising from Turku to Gotland. At least I have plenty of time to plan:) Thanks for your answers so far!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 5:19 AM

Here is one of the more famous riding schools on Gotland and they've had trekking and summer camps since before I was born. They also do accommodation... home8.swipnet.se/~w-83542/Tu...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines