change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• agathi's Profile Photo

Boat round trip on the river

Berlin Jul 26, 2015 at 5:02 PM

We would like to make a boat cruise on the river in Berlin, not sth different from what we have done in London where we reached Greenwitch and back again, or in Paris where we made a round trip from Notre Dame to the Eiffel tower. In both trips we departed with a little before sunset and came back when the lights of the city where on. But there seem to be too many options here in Berlin, of course with some being excluded from the beginning because they last too much. Do you have any personal experience so that we can see the best of Berlin (older parts with historical buildings and bridges)? Thank you.

more
    • Route information

Land Rheinland-Pfalz Jul 8, 2015 at 1:20 AM

Hi. I am new on VT.

what is the most scenic route from Nurburgring to Hook of Holland please?

We will be travelling in an American Motorhome - size of a tour bus - but have car with us too for sight seeing in villages etc.
      many thanks.

more
    • shopping for shoes

Kiel Jul 21, 2015 at 10:49 AM

In the Holtenauerstrasse shopping center, are there any stores that sell women's Thierry Rabotin or Wolky brands?

more
    • fitness opportunities for women

Spangdahlem Jul 1, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Is there a gym near by for women? Or any yoga or dance classes for 18+ women?

more
    • Freising hotels

Freising Jul 26, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Good place to stay near train station for flight out of MUC the next morning?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

sights on route

Black Forest Jul 15, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hallo. Pls can you tell me if we follow the 60km of the Schwarzhochstrasse driving from Ottenhofen to Baden Baden without actually visiting the cities on our way, since they are not the ones we are interested in, will we still be able to see from above some sights eg.Mummelsee? I mean, does the route itself give a chance of sightseeing or does someone have to go near the cities? You see, we just want to have a panoramic view of the forest. Thank you.

more
    • Sport Verein

Würzburg Jul 7, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Hallo,
      Ich such nach einem bestimmten Sportverein der wohl in einem kleinen Dorf in der Umgebung von Würzburg ist. Das Dorf hat ca. 600 Einwohner, und auch so ca 480 Mitglieder. Dieser verinnerlicht bietet eine Sport Art an, die so ähnlich ist wie Basketball, nur das dass freistehende Körbe sind, und es einen 3 und 6 Meter Linie gibt für strafen. Jeder Korb zählt aber nur einen Punkt. Weiss einer von euch zufällig wie der Verein oder die Sport Art heißt?
      Vielen Dank im Voraus!!

more
    • Best breakfast?

Oberambach Yesterday

We are staying in an apartment and would like a good fresh bra fast. Ideas?

more
    • anadyr's Profile Photo

Sternquell Brewery in Plauen

Plauen Yesterday

Is it possible to visit the Sternquell Brewery? Do they have a tour? Thanks.

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

berlin tram

Berlin Jul 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM

Pls can you tell me how do passengers get on/off the tram since it is moving in the middle of the street and cars come and go at both its sides?

more
    • Train from Frankfurt Airport to Wuerzburg

Frankfurt Jul 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM

We will be taking a train from Frankfurt airport to Wuerzburg. After we clear customs is it difficult to find the train platforms? The airport is huge and from the maps it is not all that clear. Our train is an ICE leaving from platform 4 if that helps. The maps indicated that there were two train areas so I want to be sure we head to the right one.

more
    • VAG Bus Tickets

Freiburg im Breisgau Jul 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hello! On Sunday I'm going to Freiburg and I'm arriving in the evening (and I'll be staying there for a month for a study-holiday). Then on Monday I'll need to go from Vauban to the city centre by bus.
      Can you tell me if I can I buy bus tickets directly on board? Otherwise where can I find them?
      Thank you in advance!

more
    • October trip 2 weeks

Germany Jul 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM

My original travel plans fell through but I'm going anyway. I start and end in Frankfurt.  I'm trying to get some of my bucket list items in as a replacement: 1. Glacier / Bernina Express 2. Verona / Venice 3. Split 4. Dubrovnik, 5. Genoa, 6. Nice. Would a Eurail Global pass be good or individual rail tickets. Plus any suggestions for the routes/ trains to take.

more
    • Oberammageau

Germany Jul 11, 2015 at 8:24 AM

We are using the train.

more
    • Train station

Saarburg Jul 9, 2015 at 10:40 AM

How  far is it from the train station (Trier BZ) in Saarburg to town centre?

more
    • Hard to get in to the night clubs?

Berlin 16 hours ago

Me and two friends are planning to visit Berlin in the end of august, sunday to thursday, and we would like to go to some of the night clubs. My main concern is that we wont come in as I have read here and there that many non german people wont come in, just because they not are german, at least in the really "popular" ones. The club I would like to visit the most and have one of my favorite djs playing on the sunday is kater blau, many of the reviews says that they weren't welcome when the bouncers noticed they were non german. We are closer to our 30's then 25, from scandinavia and know how to behave most of the time. It would seem to be such a let down if we werent welcome when we have stood in a line for an hour...

more
    • Best way to travel

Clausthal-Zellerfeld 17 hours ago

Hi

What is the best way to get to Clausthal from another country?

more
    • Address for QKL

Cologne Yesterday

what is the address for QKL station

more
    • Marienburg Fortress

Würzburg Jul 27, 2015 at 5:39 AM

what is the easiest way to get there from our hotel in town. Is there a link for the bus and tram maps of Wurzburg. I understand that a bus number 9 leaves from the Residenz to go there but that only runs about once an hour, not too convenient.
      Should I just cab there and if so will there be cabs around when we leave? Walking is not an option for us.

more
    • RACCOON1's Profile Photo

Trip To Germany

Germany Jul 26, 2015 at 5:10 PM

We are trying to finalize our two week trip to Germany.
      Land in Frankfurt Friday Oct. 9 depart from Frankfurt Sunday Oct 25.
      At this time we have four nights for Heidelberg.
      Arrive Oct 12 , Depart Oct. 16
      or essentially 3 1/2 days .
      Say 1 1/2 days for Heidelberg.
      A day trip for the wine route ( the one NW of Heidelberg).
      A 1/2 day trip to Speyer.
      Any other suggestions?
      Stuttgart?
      Lorsch ?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

berlin metro

Berlin Jul 25, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Hello my friends. Pls tell me does the U-bahn system in Berlin declare the last station on a route at a label on the entrancen before going down the stairs into the corridors or after you go downstairs? That means we have to use another entrance to get to the correct platform? Because, until now, we could choose the direction of a line after going downstairs. Thank you.

more
    • How to rent a car?

Germany Jul 20, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Hi everybody! I'm go to German next week, and I'd like to ask u about renting a car in that country. So have you ever done that? And may be you can tell ma about some good places where is possible to rent a car for cheap?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Lake views from konstanz

Konstanz Jul 16, 2015 at 5:57 AM

What is the best part of the city to have good view of the lake? We will be arriving from the south and we would like to book a hotel at the part of the area which is more easy to access the lake on foot and get good views. Thank you.

more
    • Drinking age on base

Spangdahlem Jul 5, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Does The Air Force base keep US drinking Laws (age 21) or are people on base allowed to drink at age 18, or whatever The Germany drinking age is

more
    • buying a fan in Bremen

Bremen Jul 4, 2015 at 9:00 AM

My son is currently in Bremen in Balladins Hotel, which has no A/C. Apparently temperatures are well above average (90"s). Is there somewhere to buy a fan near the hotel or perhaps in town?
      Thanks for any tips!

more