Travel Answers
Goroka

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Goroka

• Getting to Goroka for the Cultural Festival in September 2007 from Jayapura, Irian Jaya

by Uncle_Al Online Now Oct 28, 2006 at 2:29 AM

I am trying to arrange a trip to the Goroka highlands festival in September of next year. Any help would be much appreciated in figuring out the best (namely least expensive) way to get there from Jayapura in Irian Jaya, Indonesia.

I believe there is a road from Jayapura across the border to Vanimo in PNG - is there any public transport that travels the route or how do people usually get there? And when I get there, is there a land route to Goroka or another budget alternative? If so, is it feasible to make the journey or am I on a wild goose chase...

Your help is much appreciated...

4 Answers May 19, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    • jakartamoon's Profile Photo

Size of Goroka festival?

by jakartamoon Online Now Apr 16, 2004 at 7:13 AM

I'm planning on attending either the Mount Hagen show or the Goroka Show in Papua and would like to know which show is the largest and also can you walk down among the dancers, etc during the show or are you confined to a fenced area? Anyone know of cheap budget accomodations at either place? Thank you for your time, jackie

1 Answer Apr 16, 2004 at 7:13 AM
    • Budget accommodation in Goroka, Papua

by Luci04 Online Now Dec 28, 2003 at 8:31 PM

Planning to attend Goroka show on Sept. 16 - 19, 2004 but don't wish to stay in hotel. Looking for budget accommodation, staying with locals, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers, Luci

7 Answers May 10, 2004 at 6:27 PM