change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Skillsbus's Profile Photo

Travel to Staraya Ladoga

Saint Petersburg Jul 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I will be in Stp in September. Is it possible to travel by bus to Staraya Ladoga and if so where does it depart from and its route number. Alternatively are there good train links ?

more
    • Metro to Finland Station early in the morning

Saint Petersburg Jul 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I have a question about St Petersburg public tranportation.
      I'll stay in St Petersburg and then I'll head to Helsinki by train. A good option for me is catch the train at 6.40 a.m at Finland Station. I'll be hosted near from Admiralteyskaya metro station.
      Is the metro working at this time? Is it safe? Will I be able to arrive on time to Finland Station?
      What's the options?
      Thank you!

more
    • Tours to Join

Saint Petersburg Jun 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hello. I am planning to travel to Saint Petersburg for the first time this September. I am traveling by myself and am looking for guided tours to join that go to different sights in the city as well as tours that take day trips to Peterhof or Pushkin. I want to find tours that are already scheduled that I can join. All that I have found so far are tours with companies that would charge a lot just for me with no one else on the tour.

Thanks for any suggestions.

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Jun 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi, I'm planning to visit Saint Petersbug on August. Catherine Palace is on my to do list. Which is the easiest way to reach it from Saint Petersburg downtown (my hotel is very close to Hermitage Museum)? Do you suggest to visit also Alexander Palace? Which are the park pavilions I can't miss?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

more
    • AbhisekD's Profile Photo

is racism there against indians in st.petersburg

Saint Petersburg Jul 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i am an indian and i am joining St. Petersburg State Medical Academy so i would be very grateful if someone would tell me about the attitude and feelings of the locals towards us as i have read some unpleasant experiences from the internet about people with coloured skins

more

Popular Gorod Sankt-Peterburg Travel Answer Locations

• Metro to Finland Station early in the morning

Saint Petersburg Jul 6, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I have a question about St Petersburg public tranportation.
      I'll stay in St Petersburg and then I'll head to Helsinki by train. A good option for me is catch the train at 6.40 a.m at Finland Station. I'll be hosted near from Admiralteyskaya metro station.
      Is the metro working at this time? Is it safe? Will I be able to arrive on time to Finland Station?
      What's the options?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • AbhisekD's Profile Photo

is racism there against indians in st.petersburg

Saint Petersburg Jul 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i am an indian and i am joining St. Petersburg State Medical Academy so i would be very grateful if someone would tell me about the attitude and feelings of the locals towards us as i have read some unpleasant experiences from the internet about people with coloured skins

13 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Skillsbus's Profile Photo

Travel to Staraya Ladoga

Saint Petersburg Jul 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM

I will be in Stp in September. Is it possible to travel by bus to Staraya Ladoga and if so where does it depart from and its route number. Alternatively are there good train links ?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • Tours to Join

Saint Petersburg Jun 27, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hello. I am planning to travel to Saint Petersburg for the first time this September. I am traveling by myself and am looking for guided tours to join that go to different sights in the city as well as tours that take day trips to Peterhof or Pushkin. I want to find tours that are already scheduled that I can join. All that I have found so far are tours with companies that would charge a lot just for me with no one else on the tour.

Thanks for any suggestions.

5 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Jun 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi, I'm planning to visit Saint Petersbug on August. Catherine Palace is on my to do list. Which is the easiest way to reach it from Saint Petersburg downtown (my hotel is very close to Hermitage Museum)? Do you suggest to visit also Alexander Palace? Which are the park pavilions I can't miss?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

7 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Will Russia's World Cup games be shown in any of St. Petersburg's public squares?

Saint Petersburg Jun 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Will Russia's World Cup games be shown in any of St. Petersburg's public squares? If not, can anybody recommend any good bars or pubs that will be showing the games?

1 Answer Jul 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • ash9x9's Profile Photo

Taxi fare from Int'l airport to renaissance hotel st petersburg

Saint Petersburg Jun 10, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Hello - arriving 3rd week June, any idea on the above? tks!

5 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • MAUIRADISE's Profile Photo

Pulkovo Airport (LED) ATM cash withdrawal

Saint Petersburg May 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Do the ATM in this airport accept US Bank debit card to withdraw Rubles? We will be arriving on May 26. Thank you for any info.

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    • mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Looking for guides in St Petersburg

Saint Petersburg May 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM

We are a family of 4 looking for guides to help us around our 5 days in St Petersburg.

Any recommendations

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    • Jazz Clubs?

Saint Petersburg Apr 26, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Can anyone recommend a good club or bar that has jazz concerts/live performances regularly? Looking for a few to go to in July.

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

13 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Visum and boat

Saint Petersburg Mar 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I have heard you don't need a visum/visa if you go to St. Petersburg by ferry and leave Russian within 72 hours. Does that mean that I can arrive with boat and leave with plane, or would I have to leave the same way as I arrived?

4 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    • Weather, tour operators

Saint Petersburg Mar 7, 2014 at 4:04 PM

We'll be arriving by cruise ship on 05/27-05/28/14. Typically will I need a down coat & boots or is it usually rainy in May? We want to arrange an intensive 2 day group tour of St Petersburg & an evening ballet performance independently of the cruise ship. Many of these tour operators provide group tours with less than 20 people, which is very appealing. My difficulty is finding a tour operator that offers the 2 day tour linked with the evening ballet performance, because the playbills for the ballets are NOT released until 1 month prior to the performances. Any suggestions about making our preferred arrangements would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sincerely,
      Vicki Van Elswyk

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • Pavlovsk weather

Pavlovsk Feb 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM

what is the climate like there? and overall weather condiditons?

4 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • From St. Petersburg city ceter to terminal Oktyabrskaya naberezhnaya, 31

Saint Petersburg Jan 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM

I have a river cruise that starts in St. Petersburg at Oktyabrskaya naberezhnaya, 31 Pier Utkina Zavod. Is there any public transportation from the city center to the cruise terminal? Thanks. Ray.

8 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • deeper_blue's Profile Photo

Visa free ferry

Saint Petersburg Jan 3, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hello VTers. I have heard about the 3 day visa free stay in St Petersburg from Helsinki, but have heard conflicting reports about the conditions, has anyone done this and can confirm the group size, heard you have to be at least 2, and you have to leave by boat, is this true? I'm a British national btw

10 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    • Is early June a good time to visit St. Petersburg?

Saint Petersburg Dec 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Is June 6-15 a good time to visit St Petersburg as far as weather and crowd are concerned?

8 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 3:40 AM
    • Fountains in Peterhof, SPB

Peterhof Dec 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Where were the fountains closed in 2013?

4 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    • new year's salsa party

Saint Petersburg Dec 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Hello, we are two Italians who visit St. Petersburg from 31/12/13 to 05/01/14. For the night of 31/12 is there any place where we can dance salsa that organize the party for New Years?
      is possible to have the dinner too?
      Our Hotel in St. Petersburg is close to Nievsky Prospekt. Close to the subway Gostiny Dvor and Nevsky Prospekt.
      Can you recommend some place to dance salsa for the other nights?
      Thank you
      Anna Maria

1 Answer Dec 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    • transportation

Pavlovsk Oct 30, 2013 at 4:05 AM

with bus from pavlovsk to kolpino

2 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    • SPA center or similar in Malookhtinskiy prospekt area

Saint Petersburg Oct 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Hello,
      my question to the "locals": can anyone indicate me a SPA center or similar in the area of Malookhtinskiy prospekt, as close as possible to the cross with Respublikanskaya ulitsa
      A place like http://www.planetakrasoty.ru/ would be great, but the location is wrong, as i need it located in Malookhtinskiy prospekt area for logistics purposes. Any suggestion?
      Thank you in advanced!

Miguel

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    • Possible job int. Petersburg, Russia

Saint Petersburg Oct 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Can I work in a restaurant in ST. Petersburg while there on Study Abroad?

6 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    • Hermitage on Saturday or Sunday?

Saint Petersburg Oct 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Should I attempt to arrange the ticket ahead of time? This would have to be online. Or could I buy a ticket in person friday afternoon for Saturday entry? The remaining day (Sunday?) will be used to visit churches and nearby sites. Which order is best?

4 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    • St. Petes winter boots

Saint Petersburg Sep 20, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I'm going in from January-June, will leather boots and warm socks keep me warm?

5 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 4:22 AM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Ferry delays

Saint Petersburg Sep 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We have booked the return ferry with St Peters line from Helsinki to st Petersburg ......our plan is to take a ferry to Tallinn as soon as we return to St Petersburg. I just wonder should we be concerned with delays...on the St Petersline .how much time should we allow from our arrival time before we depart for Tallinn.

5 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    • Fort & Lighthouse Questions

Kronshtadt Sep 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I passed an old fort not far after leaving SPB on a cruise ship. There seemed to be an entrance to a tunnel on one side of the ship and the fort with 2 or 2 lighthouses on either the same side or the other side. I have been trying to identify that fort and lighthouses. I have some pictures posted in an album on pbase.com and will send a link if anyone on here thinks he/she can determine where I was. Can anyone help? If so, thanks in advance!

1 Answer Sep 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    • albaaust's Profile Photo

Saint Petersburg mini VT meet

Saint Petersburg Aug 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Hullo everyone..I have been reading your tips and enjoying some of the rather interesting discussions. Some of your tips I have rated. Anyway, although I haven't yet booked a hotel or finalised dates I have booked our flights!! The next few weeks are going to be frenetic as I finalise the details!##!!! Anyway, I was wondering whether there are going to be other VT members in Saint Petersburg around the 15th-22nd October and the possibility of meeting for a drink or casual meal. We are not young people so we are not talking about an all night rage* just a friendly get together. Let us know!!

3 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • Transportation to Zelenogorsk

Zelenogorsk Aug 16, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Does a marshutka go to Zelenogorsk from St Petersburg, and if so where does it leave from and how often?

2 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    • Tourist Visa for Russia

Saint Petersburg Aug 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM

How long does it take to get a tourist visa for Russia (U.S. Citizen)?
      We want to get there by train from Warsaw, Poland and stay at an apartment in St. Petersburg for about a week. Do we have to have reservations ahead of time in order to get a visa? We are not exactly sure when we will go next spring...probably April. Any advice on free lance traveling would be welcome. We are a senior retired couple but have traveled a lot so we are not afraid of winging it. Thanks for any help.

10 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    • Peterhof fountains open season

Peterhof Jun 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM

We are planning a trip to Russia September to October 2013, what's the closs day of the fountains? Lonely Planet said it will work until middle of Oct, but some other websites said it stoped Sep 15th, 2012.
      If I come about Sep 25th, can I see the fountains work?

5 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM