Goreme Travel Answers

change location

Hours of Dolmus or Bus from Goreme

by caer Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

We're planning a trip to Turkey in September. The last leg involves getting from Goreme to Istanbul. Does anyone know what time the dolmus and/or bus from Goreme to Nevsehir starts service in the morning. Also, we plan to fly from Goreme to Istanbul and assume it's better to fly from Nevsehir as it's closer to Goreme rather than from Kayseri. Does anyone have any suggestions? Appreciate any help as it's difficult to research buses on the internet. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Hours of Dolmus or Bus from Goreme

by ElDesierto Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM

It is relatively inexpensive to fly from either Nevsehir or Kayseri to Istanbul. Keep in mind the fact that many Turkish domestic flights fly into/out of Sabiha Gokcen Airport, not Istanbul Ataturk. The Turkish Airlines link below can be used to purchase these inexpensive tickets:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-US/

Good luck,
    ElDesierto

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by caer Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Do you know the hours the bus runs? Not much info on buses and we like to know our options before we go. Also, when we make hotel reservations we'd like to be sure the bus will be running on the day we plan to use it but, again, it's difficult to find this information on the internet. Thanks for your help.

by ElDesierto Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Re: Bus schedules from Goreme to Nevsehir.
    Not worth getting wrapped-up about this. Dolmus's from Goreme to Nevsehir probably run throughout the day, starting early in the morning. Buses from smaller cities such as Nevsehir and larger cities such as Kayseri and Konya run daily to Istanbul. More than likely night buses also. Usually more than one bus company making the run.

You cannot plan bus travel in advance in such fine detail. Hard to do and not worth the hassle. Determine what time you have to be at the airport, and then calculate what time you have to be climbing into the dolmus that takes you from Goreme to Nevsehir, and if applicable a bus continuing on to Kayseri.

Dolmus travel is rather informal, no real schedule. The dolmus departs when it has a full load of passengers.

Good luck,
    ElDesierto

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: Hours of Dolmus or Bus from Goreme

by balhannah Online Now Jan 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I booked my shuttle through this travel agency. Perhaps if you email them, they should be able to fill you in with the times

www.argeus.com

• kakapo's Profile Photo

by kakapo Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

My accommodation Goreme booked me onto the shuttle bus to and from Kayseri airport. When I reserved our rooms (on the internet) I requested the shuttle service, provided flight details and our accommodation arranged the rest.

When our flight arrived at Kayseri (very late at night, in winter - minus 15 Celsius) the bus waited for us because they had our booking - this was very helpful because we were delayed on arrival by our luggage being sent to the wrong carousel. Without a booking we would have been stranded at the airport.

En route to Goreme the shuttle stopped at various accommodations in Urgup and Goreme to drop off other passengers. Same on the way back to the airport, but we arrived in plenty of time and the bus was new and heated, the driver drove safely and spoke English.

If you have already booked you accommodation in Goreme, I would ask them if they can book the airport shuttle for you. We did not pay any extra for this, just the bus fare, which (3 years ago) was less than50 each. I'm not sure how much a Dolmus or taxi would charge for the same trip, but possibly not much cheaper.

cheers - I hope you'll love Goreme!

• farpost2's Profile Photo

by farpost2 Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I agree with some of the other posters. Getting from Goreme to Nevshire should be no problem. Just go to the bus stop in Goreme and they will provide a schedule and let you know what time to get there.

I recommend showing up 30 minutes prior to departure time as they seem to leave on a whim occasionally. Your hotel in Goreme should have all the information you need and advance reservation shouldn't be required if you are going to be in Goreme for a day or two.

Enjoy the area, it's fantastic!

by caer Online Now Feb 19, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Thanks to all for your responses. It's hard to feel comfortable about a trip when the transportaion is up in the air. We plan to make all our reservations in April and we'll just leave some leeway in times between cities. Thanks again.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines