change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

by wise23girl Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

by wise23girl Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 12:52 AM
    • dlfrausto's Profile Photo

Commuting between Main Beach/Gold Coast and Brisbane

by dlfrausto Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

We will be staying at the Sheraton Mirage in Main Beach but over 4 days needing to go up and back to Brisbane for meetings/dinner etc. We like to use public transit where possible but wondering if we should rent a car this time. How is the drive in the morning or at night? Will the rail work? Thank you!

7 Answers Feb 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • Owk.luvtravelbug's Profile Photo

1st time renting a car for transport in Brisbane & Gold Coast, need advices for car insurances.

by Owk.luvtravelbug Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I book a car from Avis car rental company for 7days. First time free & easy to Brisbane & Gold coast in early June. Been reading about excess reduction insurance, one vehicle accident, etc. Can someone give advices what type of car insurance should I get & which company should I get it from? I be getting just the basic travel insurance in Singapore.

Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    • doraem66's Profile Photo

Springbrook worth going?

by doraem66 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I have 7 full days in GC. Will be spending 2 days in Brisbane, and left 5 full days in GC.
      Not sure if I need to add in Springbrook to my itinerary on the day 4 and remove my drive to NSW.
      How long do I need for springbrook? Do I have sufficient time to touch on to tweed head and Byron bay after that?
      Can someone please advise?

Activities in Gold coast:
      Day 1 (Sun) : Carrara Market, Check in accommodation, Jet Boat ride, Beach front market.
      Day 2 (Mon) : Movie world, wet n wild.
      Day 3 (Tue) : Full day tour (includes Mt Tamborine, Lamington National Park, O'Reily Rainforest)
      Day 4 (Wed) : Bangalow, Lismore, Nimbin, Byron Bay, Tweed Head, Coolangatta
      Day 5 (Thu) : Sea World, Robina Town Centre
      Day 6: Back home

Thank you!!!

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Will I pass by any toll from Gold Coast airport to Brisbane?

by doraem66 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I Will be renting a car form Gold Coast airport and will drive to Brisbane (sheriff street), will I pass by any toll road?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 11:50 PM
    • Advice on Transport and Itinerary for 1st time travel to Gold Coast

by Gillibeany Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hi all,
      I am planning a 10 days trip to Gold Coast in early July with my family of 4 adults and 2 children (6 & 7 years) where some of us are going for the Gold Coast Marathon at the same time. As this is our first time there, we needed help with deciding on the type of transport and itinerary.
      I will be heading to a farm stay for 3 days at Clandulla Cottage first before heading down to Surfer's Paradise. Thinking of renting a car (never done that before). Not sure if it is wise to rent for all 10 days of the trip or just for the first 4 days and to take taxi/bus when we are Surfer's Paradise. Any recommendation?

Does the taxi in GC take in 6 pax or do we have to split to 2 taxis if we are to move around?
      If we rent the car, is parking in Surfer's Paradise expensive? Say, parking overnight at the hotel or nearby Hotel etc. We will be at the Grand Chancellor hotel, any recommendation on parking?

With regards to itinerary, any recommendation? Also if there's anything we could do while we travel from the farm to our hotel?

Many thanks! :)

Cheers,
      Gilli

4 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM
    • Under 21 Gold Coast Car Rental

by CVK11 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hi, has anyone used Jacks rent a car on the Gold Coast?(http://www.jacksrentacar.com.au/). I am looking at hiring a car for a few days whilst I am there. I am 19 and fully licensed, there are not many companies that hire to under 21 year olds. This company has quoted the best price and has full insurance.

I cant seem to find many reviews of this company online, If anyone has used this company, or can recommend another company, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris

1 Answer Feb 25, 2014 at 8:14 PM
    • Transfer from Gold coast airport to brisbane

by Tonnyhartono Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Dear all
      1.I want to go directly to brisbane city once I landing at Gold Coast airport. Do anyone now the most convenient transportation and the cheapest one? How long journey from Gold Coast airport to brisbane?
      2. And if we go around gold coast city, do you know the cheapest and convenient transportation to go around city?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    • gETTING TO aUSTRALIA ZOO

by LorettaB Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

WOULD ANY ONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET TO AUSTRALIA ZOO FROM THE SHERATON MIRAGE ON THE GOLD COAST

3 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 1:56 PM
    • Accomodation for 2 year old kid

by leshinta Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Hi, I am a first time traveller to GC (all the way from asia). All the accomadation i checked need to pay for extra bed fr a 2 yr old kid. i wud be travelling with a large grup about 6 adults + 1 kid (2yr old) so its abit pricey wen we book a 3 bedroom apartment. So is it possible to just bring in the kid without actually registering the kid while we do the booking? Back in our place, we just book the apartments per the adults headcount, we dont actually count the kids. but since we wud be travelling far, we dont want to have any problems later on.
      (i know this Q sounds weird, but thanks in advance)
      ~Jess

3 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • Leaving tomorrow- Need help with 8 days itinerary in GC

by lenore29 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM

We are leaving tomorrow night and am trying to rush out our itinerary. Really appreciate some help with putting all this together. We are a family of five adults with one 5yr old toddler and one 15 mth old baby. We arrive at brisbane airport on the 1 Dec at 7am and will be driving from brisbane airport to our hotel (Q1 resort & spa) in surfer's paradise. We leave for brisbane airport on the 8 dec catching the 11:45pm night flight home. Here are the places we want to visit and are fine doing 1 or 2 places in a day, 3 only if the timing suits.

Sea world, dream world, movie world
      Mt tambourine, springbrook, lamination national park (can choose 1 or 2)
      Glow worms, Outback spectacular
      Harbour town, pacific fair, robina town, Carrara market (can choose 1 or 2)
      Miramar cruise, lone pine sanctuary
      Steve Irwin Australia zoo, carrumbin wildlife sanctuary
      Strawberry Pick-Your-Own at strawberry fields (2west road, stanthorp) or just visit their cafe for lunch at their sunshine coast farm on lexton road.
      Infinity, Le mans go karting, Carlton brewery, winery visit
      Beach play/picnic, broadwater parklands

What would be the best way to plan out the days to visit these attractions taking into account their locations? Do let me know if any of these should be substituted with better options or just not worth the trip there.

Also, Is it safe to buy the VIP passes that has three theme parks in one?

Lastly, any good seafood restaurant to recommend? Which fish n chips place is your favorite?

Apologies for the chunky questions. Appreciate your help everyone. Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • Pankaj1203's Profile Photo

Looking for a car rental in gold coast in december

by Pankaj1203 Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I am travelling around 20th dec for a week into gold coast; will be looking to pay reasonable costs to rent an affordable family car. let me know if any offers

cheers.. Pankaj

2 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • Upto what age can you take in food to theme parks?? Infant??

by JlMartin Online Now Nov 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Hi,

So it says at the theme parks you can take in food for infants .... but upto what age do they class as an infant?

I ask cause my daughter will be 14 months old when we go. I just dont want to get there and they say sorry shes too old and you cant take in her food.

Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Do i need aircon in March/ April?

by doraem66 Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I will be going Gold Coast and Brisbane in March/ April. I saw most of the B&B does not have any aircons in the room. Will it be warm in this month, is fan sufficient?

Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    • Question on Schoolies & Bushfires- Visiting Goldcoast Nov 29- Dec 8 2013

by lenore29 Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a vacation to Gold Coast on the 29th Nov- 8th Dec 2013 with my family (5 adults, a 5 yr old child and a 15months old baby) and was hoping to have some help on the following questions:

- Will the area still be very crowded with schoolies during the dates of my visit? Read the schoolies week ends 29th Nov? Will they typically stay on longer or leave GC once schoolies week ends?

- Will the bushfire impact visiting the GC hinterlands or is the current flames further out and not affecting the main attractions like Mt Tamborine etc?

- Any tips on visiting the strawberry farm?

Thanks so much everyone for your time to answer these questions. Appreciate it!

8 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Do I need Full Day each for each theme parks?

by doraem66 Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I will be bringing my son (20 year old) to visit 3 theme Parks in March 2014 (weekdays).
      Movie world, WetnWild, Sea World.
      So do I need three full days to finish it or can Movie world and wetnwild be finished in one day?
      We may skip those rides for young children.

Will the water be cold in March?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Necessary to book day tour in advance?

by doraem66 Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Will it be cheaper to book in advance or there will be plenty of choices in Gold Coast?

I intend to join a day tour to Mt Tamborine...

2 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Help in Itinerary

by doraem66 Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I will be going to Gold Coast with my son (20yo and 40yo), we have 7 full days in March 2014. Will it be easier to drive or take public transport in Gold Coast?

I understand there are a few theme parks but which is suitable for my 20 year old son? Which other places that we shouldn't miss? Or any fantastic place just outskirt of Gold Coast?

Thank you!

15 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • Car Rental

by tiger123x Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Hi,
      Was just wondering if it'll be more expensive to rent a car around Surfer's Paradise (if any) than to book in advance?

Will be flying in on 8th Nov & leaving on the 13th. Probably will take the bus for the first 2 days for the themeparks, then rent the last 3 days.

Please advise!

Thank you! :)

3 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    • Pensioner Return Fare

by garrygalea Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

What is the fare RETURN from Surfers Paradise to Brisbane for pensioners

4 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    • mount tamborine or O'reilly's?

by SyahirIda Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Hi, i am travelling with 2 young kids ( 2yr & 8mth infant). Was wondering which of these 2 places is more family friendly. .? Or which of these is worth more of a visit? Or is it possible to visit these 2 within a day? I'm more keen towards a good scenic view places. Thks in advance.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    • DanyD6's Profile Photo

Free street parking?

by DanyD6 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hi,

I am going to gold coast on 28/10/13 and i will be staying near Hard Rock Cafe(Surfer Paradise)
      Could any one let me know free street parking near by?

Many Thanks

2 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    • Need help in ittinery

by SyahirIda Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Hi, this will be my first trip to Goldcoast with my wife & 2 kids ( 2 yrs and 8 mths). We be travelling from 22/09 - 27/09 and be staying at Meriton Service Apt (Broadbeach). I understand that GC most of it is about Themeparks but since i'll be travelling with 2 small kids, I don't think i would spend most of my time there. I did a bit of research on 'things to do' and 'places to go' and have found a few places in mind. Basically i'm looking to a more scenic relaxing holiday with my family. My problem is as I am unfamiliar with the places and distances I'm not so sure how to put these places in line with my ittneries. I have already got a rental car by Hetz .

Nature

-Tamborine Rainforest Walk

-Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary

-Paradise Country

-Natural Bridge (Springbook)

• Question = Not planning to visit all but which of these are suitable for young kids? Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary or Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary which is better animal friendly?

Shops & Markets

-Harbour Town Shopping Outlet

-Pacific Fair Shopping Centre

-Surfers Paradise Beachfront Night Market

-Carrara Markets

• Any other places that i miss out. Be better if it's the one that close late as I understand most shops close early.

Themeparks

-Movieworld

-Dreamworld

-Seaworld

• Which of these is suitable for young kids? Is it possible if i go half day to each of these Themeparks.

Brisbane

-Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (understand can be together with Mirimar Cruises)

-Wheel Of Brisbane

-Mount Coot-tha Lookout

• I'm looking at a day trip to Brisbane and find these places interesting to visit. How long to drive from GC - Brisbane considering morning peak hrs. Or is it advisable to put Brisbane in my ittinery?

Other question.

-Hows the weather like?

-Is it school holiday period?

-What activities to do in evening?

-We are Muslim, is it easy to get halal food around GC? How about the supermarkets since we also plan to cook ourselves..

-Is it safe to drive around at night?

-Any travel advisory?

We be arriving Goldcoast 22/09 9am and departs back 27/09 9am. Really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance

4 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 2:59 AM
    • Family Trip To Gold Coast - Travel by van

by RyanHairi Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Hi all, i'm planning to have a family trip on this coming December 2013. we are planning to rent a van and travel by our own all over gold coast/brisbane and maybe some other great place. will be there about 4 days. Total pax around 7 adults and 3 children. Need advise on the itinerary, activities and budget accommodation that i can arrange for the trip. Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    • KristiA93's Profile Photo

Whos travelling Gold Coast Oct/Nov

by KristiA93 Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Heeey! So i fly out 1st october to brisbane im travelling for 2 months alone doing the gold coast heading upwards im thinking - i have no set plan just going with the flow. Would love to hear from anyone else with plans doing the same sort of thing. Cheers guys, Kristi X

2 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    • Accommodation, Transportation and Attractions

by irishtan Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Gold Coast from 2nd Aug - 7th Aug. We have 2adults and 2 kids (age 3 and 5). Can anyone recommend the best accommodation, transportation mode and attractions?

Thank you in advanced.

5 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    • Will A Nissan X Trail Do?

by BuaYaGoDivo Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Hi.
      We are flying into Sydney from Singapore.
      We are planning to drive up to the Gold Coast and fly back Singapore.
      We have a family of 3 adults and 2 children (5 years old and 3 years old)
      We were thinking renting an Nissan X-Trail however we are worried that the rear seats will be tight for the adult after the child seats are installed.

Also, would we also need a 4x4 or a mPV be just as good

Thank you in advance

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

4 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    • Need ideas for 3 days at Gold Coast

by kennyboi Online Now Jul 13, 2013 at 5:05 AM

I am looking for ideas to plan my 3 days itinerary at Gold Coast arriving 1pm on the first day in the beginning of August. Planning to do it with public transport if we can. As we will be travelling with a 2 year old, we don't plan to visit the theme parks or seaworld at this time.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 4:52 AM
    • Diang's Profile Photo

Cheap car rental

by Diang Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 6:57 AM

My family of 8 adults and 5 children will be travelling to Gold Coast at the end of June 2013. We plan to travel to Sydney to visit my sister while we are there and rent a van for 12 seaters. Anyone can provide me the best car rental?

9 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • EvaT15's Profile Photo

Seaplane scenic flight

by EvaT15 Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Anyone be so kind to share experience n recommendation?

3 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM