Gold Coast Travel Answers

change location

need advice on itinerary for gold coast

by jumbosstar Online Now Jun 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM

i booked my holiday for a little too long and got 8 days to spare in GC. My plan was to head on first to Byron Bay which was recommended by an Aussie friend, when I said I didn't like the beaches at GC with all the tall buildings. Next 2 nights was supposed to be at GC itself near Surfer's Paradise.

I had then planned to spend 2 nights at Mt Tamborine but after doing more research, it seems like that would be too long a time to spend up there. Now I am troubled if I should extend 1 more day in GC and spend only 1 night at Mt Tamborine. Or should I stick with Mt Tamborine and explore other regions like Springbrook and O'Rielly's apart from just Mt Tamborine.

Or should I stick with 2 nights in Surfer's and 1 night at Mt Tamborine and then 1 more night at Coolangatta which seems to have a nice beach there called Kirra. I don't even know if I get to have a tan in winter on the beach. Will be heading there in July.

Can someone advise me pls?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: need advice on itinerary for gold coast

by balhannah Online Now Jun 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Have you only 2 nights on the GC? That isn't long at all to see the sights.
    You can reach Coolangatta by bus. This area and around the Tweed is very pretty.
    Tamborine mountain can be done on a tour, and do go to Springbrook & natural arch and O'reillys, these would be separate day trips.
    If bored, there is a train to Brisbane, but I think you will run out of time.
    Have you checked anybodys pages.
    If you click Oceania travel pages, and then look for Gold coast [my page] and others under Lamington national park, mount tamborine, murwillumbah, springbrook and tweed heads, this will keep you busy for several weeks.
    Have a good time doing what ever you choose!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines