Gold Coast Travel Answers

change location

Car Rental

by gerl_farah Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Hi. I will be going to Gold Coast on 19th March to 26th March and staying at Surfers Paradise with my family of 6 adults. Is it cheaper to rent a car to travel throughout that 7 days or should I just travel by bus? What are the cheap car rental companies that you can recommend? Thanks and best regards.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Davefrost's Profile Photo

Re: Car Rental

by Davefrost Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I can really help you with some answers but first i have to know whether you mean Ghana or other Gold coast somewhere.
    Because Ghana was also called the Gold coast.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • suzwa's Profile Photo

by suzwa Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Renting a car is likely to be cheaper for a group of 6, unless you have student cards (in which case train travel is discounted). Cheaper still is car relocation, where you pick up a car, camper or van in 1 city and deliver it to another (eg. www.transfercar.com.au), which can cost almost nothing.

• PamRay's Profile Photo

by PamRay Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I would definately hire a car, google car hire in Coolangatta, there are the usual ones at the airport but also quite a few around the area

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Tough question as for 6 adults you will need hire a van or people mover as they call them, this will be more expensive than a small car. Depending on where you want to go, to if you need a car. Buses go everywhere, to all theme parks and from Coolangatta to the other end at Runaway Bay.
    It will be much cheaper to hire and car and go to Tamborine Mountain, O'reillys, Binna Burra etc. These are beautiful areas in the Gold coast hinterland.

You would need to hire something like this
    http://www.accr.com.au/

1 member found this helpful

• PamRay's Profile Photo

by PamRay Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Hi I wasn't asking this question, I was replying to their question, have you found this new forum confusing too

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines