Gold Coast Travel Answers

change location

weather and what to wear

by ielaizhar Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:28 AM

hi,im from malaysia..i will travel to Surfers Paradise Gold Coast on 12june 2013 until 19june 2013..we travel for 4person,3adult and 1 kids(10yrs)..if anyone could suggest what to wear..(clothes)..tqvm

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: weather and what to wear

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:52 AM

It is one of the best times of year to visit, temperature will range 18 to 22 C maximum during the day. Some nights may be a little cooler. We wear shorts and shirt, can walk on beach sand, but swimming too cold for most Australians unless using wetsuit. Visitors from Northern Hemisphere , cooler temp may like to swim.

Just bring a light jacket and trousers for night wear.

Living in Perth we often fly to Queensland ( Gold Coast or Port Douglas etc for a winter holiday ) as warm in winter.

Theme Parks will be open, good for adults and children.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DennyP's Profile Photo

by DennyP Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I agree with Mikebb...A nice time to visit mid autumn with the days cooler than summer but very comfortable.. after Malaysia..noticeably cooler.maybe a jacket in the evening...Lifestyle is very casual and the dress is always casual.. no one is offended by short sleeves..shorts , short dresses , and open footwear.This is normal dress in the Gold Coast..The beaches are usally very popular with local surf culture..There are many things for visitors to see and do....as mentioned the many theme parks for both adults and children..A great destination for a holiday...enjoy your visit..

1 member found this helpful

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

June and it will be cooler, may be down to 9°c at night time. You will probably notice it more because of where your coming from. At the moment, the weather is not doing what it's meant to, so I hope it doesn't carry on this way. Casual clothes is what we wear. Take something warm to put on at night and during the day incase a cool seabreeze is blowing in off the ocean. It is the dry time of the year, so there shouldn't be rain.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM

You've seen from the temperatures the others have given that compared to Malaysia you'll find it quite cool/cold. But in the sun, especially with cloudless skies, it can feel warmer than the temperature suggests. I suggest you have layers, including a jacket.

• Daihappydai's Profile Photo

by Daihappydai Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Although it is Winter, you can expect mild weather on the Gold Coast at this time - not as warm as Malaysia but low 20s. As such, you can wear light clothing during the day, but you may need something a bit warmer for the nights.
    Have fun.

• Ozziegiraffe's Profile Photo

by Ozziegiraffe Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Coming from Malaysia, you will definitely need something warm. If you plan to visit the hinterland, such as Mount Tambourine, it will be quite cold. I think you may be more comfortable in jeans and light long sleeve top, rather than short and t-shirts, even in the daytime at that time of year.

• PamRay's Profile Photo

by PamRay Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I would definately bring some warm clothes, we generally have a very mild winter, the days can be quite sunny but it does get cooler at night time, if you are planning to go to the Theme Parks you can buy a package deal on line or you can wait until you get here, the tickets are for sale all over the Gold Coast. Our favourite is Sea World. Enjoy your trip

• Re: weather and what to wear

by Mellor125 Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM

That is nice time to travel Gold coast during the day weather is quite cool, you should bring some warm clothes to put at night.
    Enjoy your trip,

• PamRay's Profile Photo

by PamRay Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I wasn't asking a question about the Gold Coast, I was replying to someone who was asking the question, this new forum is difficult to figure out

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines