Gold Coast Travel Answers

change location

What to do?

by Nicned3 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Hiya. I will be visiting family in Sydney and will stay with them for four days, leaving us eight days to venture the Gold Coast. We have a daughter aged nine months and was wondering if anyone could suggest on where to go/travel. Brisbane, whit Sundays, Byron bay, etc..

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Re: What to do?

by wise23girl Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Just to clarify your question Do you intend to stay at the Gold Coast and then visit other places from there?

Did you want a travelling holiday to visit a number of places moving on...in sequence

Did you want to fly, drive, go by train or coach?

Are you used to Australian roads?

The Whitsundays for example are a long way from Sydney unless you fly.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

When? Good to know time of year....

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I wouldn't go any further than Brisbane. If you want to, you could stay at both or just at the Gold Coast and catch the train into Brisbane. Brisbane has a beaut beach right in the city centre at Southbank, safe areas for your little girl too! "BRISBANE - Capital of Queensland" - Brisbane by balhannah Brisbane

The Gold Coast has much to offer. Seaworld has a wonderful show for the children, many other shows and animals to see close up, touch pools, rides for the little ones. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is a must see for Australian wildlife. If you check out my pages or the website, you will be able to go when the Lorikeets come to be fed, they land all over you and squawk like mad, but I bet you don't find one person without a smile on their faces. Lots to do here, and do visit the stunning hinterland where there is rainforest, wineries, waterfalls, bushwalks, stunning views of the Gold Coast and much more.

"BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!" - Gold Coast by balhannah gold coast

These are links to the Gold Coast hinterland. You will need a car or to do a tour. Tamborine Mountain has a street long craft village which is fun to walk around.

"THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND" - Mount Tamborine by balhannah "BEAUTIFUL LAMINGTON NATIONAL PARK" - Lamington National Park by balhannah "SPRINGBROOK & THE NATIONAL PARK" - Springbrook by balhannah

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Hi, welcome to VT.

Just picking up what others have said, as you don't tell us where you're from we don't know whether you're aware of the distances involved between the places you mention. And do you have to get back to Sydney to fly out again?

Sydney to the Gold Coast is nearly a thousand kilometres, from Gold Coast to the Whitsundays is over a thousand kilometres and to Byron and Brisbane both about 75 kilometres. With a small baby I'm not sure that thousands of kilometres travelling is a good idea. At only nine months your daughter won't really understand the attractions of the Gold Coast such as the theme parks.

I think if I was in your position I'd stay in Sydney and visit the attractions in and around.

1 member found this helpful

• Ozziegiraffe's Profile Photo

by Ozziegiraffe Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I get the impression from the question posted that the writer thinks the Gold Coast is the name for the whole East Coast. In fact, it is one city, south of Brisbane, and north of the New South Wales border.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Well as yet the OP has not been back to clarify so we can help more

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines