change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boras eat sleep going out.

Borås Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Goodmorning
      We are going to walk the Linnemarschen in preperation of the fourdaysmarch in Nijmegen (thats were i live)

In our free time we want to explore Boras.
      So I have a few questions.

1 where can we go out in de evening. (dancing)
      2 where we can eat Swedisch food.
      3 where can we sleep on Sunday for a reasonable price? or is it better to leave the city

on Saterday and go to Gotenburg.
      We have hard floor acomadadion in a sports hall on friday and saterday.

4 we have Saterday afternoon time to explore boras.

We have not much time but we want to get a taste of Boras in that time
      All Tips are welcome.

Greetings Richard

more
    • BeataA's Profile Photo

Helsinki, Finnland

by BeataA Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Hello guys!
      Anyone knows the cheapest way to get to Helsinki from Gothenborg ?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Bungee jumping

by angelika327 Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hi! Is there a place in Gothenburg where I can experience bungee jumping?
      Thanks in advance :)

3 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    • Archipelago tours

by Leslienan Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

We are arriving in Gothenburg September 16. We want to see the Southern Archipelago. Should we take a organized tour or take the ferry over on our own? We will not have have a car. We want to see the beautiful scenery and enjoy some local seafood. Is there a recommended island to visit or tour to take?

Thank you,
      Leslie

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM
    • JamesA67's Profile Photo

Landvetter/Molnlyke bus with travel card?

by JamesA67 Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hi,

Ill be visiting this summer and was planning on getting a travel card to help me travel around on the trams and buses. I will be landing at Landvetter airport and i also want to visit a Molnlyke on another day. Does the travel card stretch as far as Molnlyke and the airport? I have looked at the Vasttrafik website but they don't appear to be very clear. Cheers!

3 Answers May 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    • how to get from nils erickson to ulricehamn

by bristolmagg Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 5:26 AM

can you tell me how i get from nils erickson to ulricehamn please ,which bus
      and do i have to change buses

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    • Gothenburg and Stockholm

by garton88 Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Will be visiting Gothenburg and Stockholm soon for 1 day each (cruise), does anyone know if taxi drivers accept credit cards in both or either cities.

1 Answer Apr 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM
    • Botanical gardens

by garton88 Online Now Mar 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM

i, will be visiting Gothenburg on cruise in May for 1 day, 7 - 3pm so time is precious. Would like to visit the Botanical Gardens, not sure where the Royal C ships dock, would we be better going to central stn and start from there. preferably by tram, but will use the bus. Been on Vastrafik web site, but am not sure about the 1 day blue tickets, have info where to buy from - Vastrafik service centres, 7 eleven or Pressbyran shops, but don't know where these places are. or how much or would we be better paying normal fare, the web site is not clear. Help please, any info would be appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    • frey78's Profile Photo

Three potential itineraries through Sweden and/or Denmark (all ending in Goteborg)

by frey78 Online Now Mar 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I'm traveling to Sweden and/or Denmark in June 2012 with my wife and 8 month old daughter for about 9-10 days. We are renting a car and hope to see a mix of countryside, small towns, coastline, historic sights, natural beauty, and "must-sees" in the area. We want to spend time outdoors, but with a small baby, we can't do intense hikes, canoe trips, etc. Also, we'd like to spend some time in a big city or two, but also want to drive out and get away from the crowds.

I have three possible itineraries that I'm having trouble deciding on. For those who have been to Scandinavia, which option would you choose and why? And do you have any particular recommendations along each path? Also, I know each option goes almost all the way up to Oslo, but I am not inclined to go that far; seems like just another big, expensive city.

OPTION 1: Copenhagen -> Gothenburg (through Sweden)
      Couple days in Copenhagen, take the ferry from Helsingor into Sweden. Malmo, Foteviken Viking Reserve, Ystad in the south, then swing up north along the coast. Go up to Stromstad, ferry into the Koster Islands, Tanum, Smogen, and Gothenburg the last couple of days.

OPTION 2: Copenhagen -> Gothenburg (through Denmark)
      Couple days in Copenhagen, head west through Roskilde to Odense / Egeskov castle. Up to Aarhus, north to Frederikshavn, ferry over to Sweden. The second half is the same as option 1 (Stromstad, Tanum, Smogen, Gothenburg).

OPTION 3: Stockholm -> Gothenburg
      Couple days in Stockholm, up to Sigtuna or Uppsala, stay in Orebro or a small town nearby. West to Lake Varnem, Lacko Slott, Uddevalla, Stromstad, The rest is the same as the other two options.

1 Answer Feb 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    • Travel by public transportation in Gothenburg

by traumhexchen Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Hello, could you tell me whether the card is worth Gothenburg for 3 days if you arrive by plane or whether my card a 3-day range for the tram? Does anyone know what the cost tour buses in the city if no one has Gothenburg Card? Thank you, we fly on Friday!Thanks

2 Answers Jan 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    • Metal Fans

by traumhexchen Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Hello, I am planning a weekend in Gothenburg, where I can celebrate good if I like Metal, where can I get great, unique, special metal discs (also sometimes second-hand) and where I eat very individual (fish or Swedish) Thank you for your info!

2 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    • Christmas and Travel in Gothenburg

by Potter1987 Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Hi

Im looking at spending Christmas in Gothenburg, 23-28th December. I would like to know if:
      - shops and museums are open over this period
      - Is the public transport still running
      - Are bars and restaurants open
      - Is Liseberg open, I have seen on a few websites it close on the 23rd but does it re-open?
      - Any top attractions you would recommend

All info is appreciated

Thanks

3 Answers Aug 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM
    • vikram_nanivadekar's Profile Photo

Ideas for/from Göteborg, this month

by vikram_nanivadekar Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Hello everyone.
      Will be in Göteborg, for 8 days next week onward. Would like it if you all can give me ideas &/or lead me to useful links on your/others pages.

A) What would be a good way to spend evenings (just for a stroll/a post-dinner walks)?
      B) I may get a chance to do a day trip or two during this period. So please throw at me the options - interests: landscape; history; culture; OR a must-have local food preparation/meat; beer tasting.
      Is an Oslo day-trip a good idea? I will use public transport.

Awaiting the responses!

3 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 2:57 AM
    • JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Public Transport and other questions!

by JohnnySpangles Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Hi,
      I'm coming to Goteborg in May for the Swedish Speedway Grand Prix with my 14 year old son...but trying to do it on a budget. We'll have two days to also discover Goteborg and I was thinking about going to the art galleries (which I think are free) and a few other central things....I have lots of questions!
      1) What would be a good idea for something to do on a Sunday Morning in Goteborg?
      2) I'm a bit confused about the public transport system as the Vasttrafik website is not very clear...Do 14 year olds travel free on all public transport, or is it only if I buy a one-day or three day card?...Is there a two day card?
      3) I can't find a downloadbale tram map..any links?
      4) Is it best to travel to the Uwelli Stadium by tram...or is that a bad idea for big crowd events...can you walk there from the centralstation

Thanks for any help!

6 Answers Apr 27, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    • JohnnySpangles's Profile Photo

Cheap transport from Landvetter Airport!

by JohnnySpangles Online Now Apr 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Hi,

Is there a public bus service, or any other cheap way of getting to and from the airport to central gothenburg....instead of using the expensive Flygbussarna...which would work out at £24 return for me and my son!

Regards
      Johnny

2 Answers Apr 5, 2011 at 5:02 AM
    • Robynm.nz's Profile Photo

Best things to do in three days?

by Robynm.nz Online Now Mar 7, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Hello,

We are from New Zealand but living in the UK and this will be our first time going to Goteborg. We want to know if there are and reccommendations of where to go, best local food to try, best pub to get a beer at?

I love visiting local markets on the weekends when we are away so if anyone can tell me if there is that sort of thing there.

Is there a cheap way to travel around the city?

If anyone can help us out with any of this it is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much guys : )

2 Answers Mar 16, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    • Huskysled or Rendiersled

by Maurice92 Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Hi,
      I´m from Germany. First of all sorry for my English ;-D

Me and 2 friends are interested about places to visit in and around Goteborg.
      We are especially interested in a day trip with a dog sled, rendiersled or something like this. Is that posible?
      We are 4 adults travelling from the 19.01 – 23.01.11 to Goteborg.
      We look forward to get different answers from you.

Kind regards,
      Maurice

2 Answers Jan 12, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    • Visiting Göteborg during Januvary

by sharu99 Online Now Nov 11, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I am visiting Göteborg during Januvary 2011. This is my first visit to Sweeden.
      Can you tell me which are the best places to visit there during that time?
      Also which are the other countries that we can travel to in ferries? Also let me know the price details of the same....

17 Answers Jan 4, 2011 at 4:49 AM
    • Stu1980's Profile Photo

Tuesday night!

by Stu1980 Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Hi Everyone!

Any recommendations for a good way to spend a Tuesday evening/night in August in Goteborg?

Thanks!!

1 Answer Aug 12, 2010 at 3:40 AM
    • From Gothenburg to Stockholm in October

by aziljr Online Now Aug 1, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Hi,

After looking at different options I'm feeling increasingly confused :( It seems that travelling by plane is cheaper than taking a train. Is this possible?

I would prefer a train so maybe I'm looking at a wrong site?

Or maybe a car is the best alternative as there will be 3 of us?

Day and time of travel: 6 October, afternoon prefered.

Ta.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    • travel out of sweden

by mayburn Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM

We are doing a canal trip from Stockholm to Gothenburg. Then we wish to travel to Newcastle (U.K.). Advice on best way by sea or air? Thanks
      Robert

6 Answers Apr 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    • Malayanil's Profile Photo

Visiting Goreborg for first time

by Malayanil Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Hi friends,

I will be visiting Goteborg to attend a Travel fair. I am reaching there on 24th March evening and returning back on 28th March late afternoon.

I will be staying in Backebolsvagen, Hisings Backa area. I need to know how to reach this area from Airport and how to travel regularly from here to Goteborg convention Centre. What is the best and economical way of travlling. Is there a 5 day pass I can use on most of public transport?

Thank you,

Malayanil

10 Answers Mar 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    • day trip to Marstrand July 2010

by theampres Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 2:33 AM

arriving on cruiseship early morning in Goteborg. would like to arrange a day tour, possibly for small group for 8-12 fellow passengers, to Marstrand. can anyone recommend a local agent who can do this? pick-up at port around 8-9am, return to ship by 4pm, to include a boat or ferry ride around archipelago, some time to spend on land to see some of Marstrand and Goteborg. Please include price per person.

OR may be just 2-4 of us to go via taxi to get to Marstrand, spend some time there with stop in Goteborg on return, then back to ship. do most of touring and walking around on our own. How much would taxi fare be round-trip, Goteborg-Marstrand?

other suggestions on how to spend the day are welcome.
      Thank you.

4 Answers Jan 22, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    • Gothenburg 3 days trip

by xqinlooi Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Hi all,
      I am from London. I am going to Gothenburg for 3 days (4 feb 2010 - 8 Feb 2010). Is there any winter activities over there?
      we are interested on museums as well, any recommended?
      What about public transport over there? Is there any pass for 3 days?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 4, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    • renderman's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve in Goteborg

by renderman Online Now Dec 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Hello:

Me and my wife are going to stay at New Year's Eve in Goteborg.

Can you tell me places for Lunch and wat can we do at night?

• Ferry times

by carolinaford Online Now Nov 17, 2009 at 8:27 AM

I will be visiting Gothenberg for a limited time and would like to know if i would have time to visit Styrso (my father,s birth place)
      Is there a time table for the ferry service?
      Many thanks
      Carolina Ford

2 Answers Nov 17, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    • Halal Restaurant in Gotenburg

by Rofidah Online Now Oct 8, 2009 at 7:30 AM

My husband is going to Gotenburg for 6 days.He wants to know where are the halal muslim restaurant in Gotenburg.Can anybody furnish me wit a list as soon as possible before 10th October 2009.Tq

3 Answers Jul 4, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    • shengyan_yang's Profile Photo

Do I have to pay extra for Liseberg?

by shengyan_yang Online Now Jul 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Hi all,

If I buy the Goteborg pass and visit Liseberg, do I have to pay extra after I get in to use the amusement facilities, say, wooden roller coaster etc?

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 20, 2009 at 11:08 PM
    • Bus service between Nils Ericsson Termin and Mölnlycke

by RobinJBell Online Now Jun 17, 2009 at 6:58 AM

What is the frequency of daytime busses between Nils Ericsson and Mölnlycke? When do they leave Nils Ericsson?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    • From Copenhagen to Göteborg?

by leosham Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Hi all,

I will go Copenhagen this X'mas and would like to spend 2 days in Göteborg. Can you suggest which transport to take from Copenhagen to Göteborg? If by train, how long does it take and its average price? Many thx!!

Best,
      Leo
      From Hong Kong

2 Answers Jun 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Sushi in Göteborg?

by wombles Online Now Mar 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Ok, slightly random question. but does anyone know of a good (and cheapish) sushi place in Göteborg? Thanks!!

5 Answers May 31, 2009 at 9:27 AM