Göteborg Travel Answers

change location

Botanical gardens

by garton88 Online Now Mar 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM

i, will be visiting Gothenburg on cruise in May for 1 day, 7 - 3pm so time is precious. Would like to visit the Botanical Gardens, not sure where the Royal C ships dock, would we be better going to central stn and start from there. preferably by tram, but will use the bus. Been on Vastrafik web site, but am not sure about the 1 day blue tickets, have info where to buy from - Vastrafik service centres, 7 eleven or Pressbyran shops, but don't know where these places are. or how much or would we be better paying normal fare, the web site is not clear. Help please, any info would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Botanical gardens

by gletta Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I am not being rude just blunt! You are paying a fair amount of money for your cruise why bother with getting the bus that will take your precious time and save you a few pounds/kronor when you could get a taxi straight into the centre and get looking around. Share it with someone else. Although the gardens will not be open that early you can at least go straight to the centre - say the opera house and walk up to the old opera house and through the parks etc. When it is about 9.30 get a tram to the botanical gardens which are a bit out from the centre. Get a taxi back to your ship. It is likely it will dock in Skandiahammen which is on the wrong side of the river ( the Jewel cannot pass under the bridge so I understand.) But first check with the your cruise company - they surely should make some arrangement for people to get in to the centre

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines