Göteborg Travel Answers

change location
Durfun's Profile Photo

The Natural History Museum!

by Durfun Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Hi,

I've read that the 'stuffed' blue whale here is the only one of it's kind in the world? True? (www.gnm.se)

Worth a peek?

Off course, whilst in the area, I'll chk out the old Stock Exchange & views from the 'red lipstick' bldg :)

Other sights worth a glance in the immediate vicinity please?

Thank you.

Darshan

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: The Natural History Museum!

by Sjalen Online Now Jul 2, 2007 at 5:13 AM

I have no clue what other whales there are stuffed in the World :))) The whale is not as big as you'd expect a blue whale to be - when I was little you used to be able to go inside it but that's no longer the case for conservation reasons. There was even a cafe in it at a time! I'd say it's worth going if you plan to check out the Slottsskogen park or the Botanical gardens anyway. Otherwise not. The area around here (Linnéplatsen and Linnégatan) is one of the nicest parts of town with lots of cafes and bars and I'm not saying that just because I grew up there! :)

The Stock exchange and lipstick are not in the immediate vicinity but down towards the riverside. Have a look at my Göteborg page to get an idea of other things to see and whatever you do, don't miss the archipelago.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines