Göppingen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need help finding family tree of Haberle or Haebele in goppingen region

by georgeverginis Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM

We are arriving in Goppingen about 14th September 2013 by car from nuremberg to search for possible living relatives of great great grandfather georg bartholomaeus Haeberle born in goppingen married to ursula lauth
      Also as we only speak english can you tell us what help can we except and where do we go for information ? Is it the government office for deaths and marriages or churches etc
      We do know that about 1880 a haberle migrated to australia and died in 1929 at heidelberg victoria australia

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • State Archives

by Tariya Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 5:10 PM

To cut a long story short... I am trying to trace the family I never knew I had - this includes, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc.

My family come from Goeppingen/Hohenstaufen.

Where is the best place to do research? The state archives in Stuttgart? Are there archives in Goeppingen? Most of the websites are in German, so I am having trouble finding information online!

I will be able to speak German by the time I arrive in September, which will make things a whole lot easier!!!

I know my fathers name, birth date, and his parents names and the church they used to go to... but that's it. I thought I'd start by visiting the church and looking at the grave stones and church records. I have a feeling lots of the records I'm looking for will have been destroyed in the war...

If anyone can give me advice on the archives etc in Baden Wuttermberg, I would be truly grateful!!!

5 Answers Aug 2, 2006 at 8:33 PM
    • Transport help

by Tariya Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 8:28 PM

How long does it take on the train from Stuttgart to Goeppingen?
      How long does it take on the bus from Geoppingen train station to Hohrein?
      How long does it take on the bus from Goeppingen train station to Hohenstaufen?

I am coming to Germany in September - and I cannot find accommodation under 35 euros a night... even the hostel is full! I need to get to Hohrein, so I am hoping I can get there from Stuttgart everyday while I conduct some research.

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 18, 2006 at 4:00 PM