Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kkashyap's Profile Photo

Road Travel

Alaska Aug 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Hi

We are planning a trip to Alaska between Sep 3 and 15 this year. We are only interested in "seeing" what nature offers and not doing much of anything else, because of certain constraints.

Our plan is to Rent a car and spend 2 days in Anchorage. Next head north to Denali Park and thence to Fairbanks. Spend a day there and drive down Richardson Hwy and soak in all the splendor. Am not sure if Tok is worth visiting, yet. Go down to McCarthy, if it is worth going to McCarthy else go to Valdez instead & spend a night there. We will then go up and and turn west from GlennAllen. Check out Palmer - go to Portage/Whittier and do the Glacier tour there. Head to Seward, Cooper Landing, Kenai etc. Check each place towards Homer & see every heavenly spot along the way. Go back to Anchorage and fly back.

Are we biting more than we can chew, as I know it is a lot of driving and plenty of retracing steps. But there is no other alternative, as riding a ferry from Valdez would deprive us of the Glenn Hwy pleasure. Please let me know if there is a better way to see the places on our list. We thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Regards
      Krishna

more
    • solo female hiker

Denali State Park Aug 19, 2015 at 11:06 AM

I'm a 31yr old solo female hiker going to denali in two weeks by train. Im not very experienced in backpacking/ camping,and am on a strict budget. What gear do you most suggest is absolutely essential in your experience, and what trails, areas to camp do you suggest?

more