change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RE: car rental; car design centers

Detroit Feb 19, 2015 at 4:12 AM

Two Detroit-area questions:

(1) Please suggest what you think is the best current deal for a one-week economy-car rental
      pick up and drop off at Detroit-Wayne Airport. I've checked on line, of course; but seek recent, local
      feedback, if possible.

(2) In the Greater Detroit area -- aside from The Henry Ford Museum and the Chrysler Center museum-exhibit -- what in your opinion are the best current car design centers that a curious, medium-experienced adult car buff person
      can visit and learn from?

Thank you!

-- Eurycleia

more
    • airline ticket conundrum

Detroit Feb 17, 2015 at 7:33 AM

17 February, 2015.

Dear Fellow Virtual Tourist People,

I have an airline ticket problem and don't know how to solve it.
      I seek advice, please.

That is, this last Saturday I booked & paid for a round-trip ticket Europe/USA/Europe -- for a business meeting I have there about a month from now. I am freelance.

Today (Tuesday) I got word that they changed the date of my USA meeting, and now -- with the ticket I bought last Saturday -- I will arrive four days late for this
      important meeting.

How can I change or cancel my ticket and not loose the money I have paid? I still need to go to USA -- but don’t want to have to buy a whole new ticket (and forfeit the first round trip ticket!).

My credit card covers cancellation costs for: (1) medical reasons; (2) a salaried job when starting date for employment suddenly changes; (3) loss of employment; (4) employer suddenly changes my vacation dates.

Unfortunately I qualify for none of the above.

How can I change or cancel my ticket?

By the way, I have already checked with the people I bought the ticket from, and since I have paid fully for this flight (that's now the wrong date!) they will not refund or change my flight.

Last possibility: can anyone recommend a really good last-minute on line ticket deal site for Europe/USA flights?

Thank you all very much for whatever advice you might be able to give.

Yours, a worried traveler: Eurycleia

more
    • foxxy1601's Profile Photo

Fall Colors

by foxxy1601 Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 2:05 AM

Hello! I am planning a camping trip in October. Partly just because I love camping and want to go at least once more this year but also because I thing I would love to be in the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes area during the fall. So I have a few questions. . . .

- When, usually, is the peak of the fall colors in Glen Arbor/Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes area? I am hoping to make the trip around October 17th weekend and I hope that isn't too late!!

- Any recommendations of scenic drives in the area as well as trails that would be nice during the fall would be great! One of the ideas of the trip is to see some fall colors while driving around and hiking... also I want to have a chance to take some great pictures! So anything that helps in those categories would be great!

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!!

1 Answer Sep 7, 2008 at 8:35 AM