Glasgow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • 8 days in Scotland

Isle of Skye Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I am planning my family's first trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days. I am wondering if I should include the Isle of Skye? My children are 12 and 9 (my son turns 10 while we are there). So far I am planning 2 days in Edinburgh, 2 days for Perth and the surrounding areas, 2 days in Inverness and the surrounding areas and I was just wondering where best to spend the other 2 days. Thanks

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more
    • Lord Provosts House

by LesHorn Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Was there ever a Lord Provosts House (other than Provand's Lordship) if so where was it.

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • Kinny811's Profile Photo

A working Mom (no time to plan) and a 14 year old daughter: traveling together

by Kinny811 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM

My daughter will have finished a school trip up in Glasgow, Scotland in June. I would like to meet her and then take a week to travel down towards London. No rush. . .we would like to make it an adventure, see little towns, try local fare, etc. I wish I knew more about the area, but I don't even know where to start. Help! :) Any guidance will give me a much needed boost and support net.

12 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • Public Transport

by HaggisHaggis Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM

What public transport is available during the night?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    • Santiagues's Profile Photo

Glasgow-Edinburgh...Train or bus, in terms of sightseeing.

by Santiagues Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

HI there

I'll de doing a round trip from Glasgow to Edinburgh somewhere in the next Spring.

I've never been to any of both cities and It seems to me that I don't have any particulary strong reason to choose the train over the bus, and vice versa (time, money, location, etc).

What I'd like to know from you is if any of those itineraries is better than the other in terms of sightseeing.

I'll say it in a different way in case my English is too cryptic: Will I see a nicer Scotland landscape from the bus or from the train, neither or both?

9 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Commonwealth Games - parking and B&Bs

by Raunchy_Poet Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 5:58 AM

We got tickets! So now we have to find a place to stay and where to park.
      (1) Parking: websites suggest Queens Park when Hampden Park has events. Should we take up that suggestion?
      (2) B&B: hotels on internet are either fully booked or charging £100s per night. Any thoughts? Any locals know somewhere? Got a spare room? :)
      Hope someone can help! Thanks, Steve

6 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Typical restaurant in Glasgow

by stephane_4 Online Now Jul 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Can anyone recommend a nice typical restaurant in center Glasgow?
      Thanks

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • kehale's Profile Photo

Great Airport Transfer Company

by kehale Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We will be flying into Glasgow on August 26th to begin our honeymoon. We'll be heading up to Loch Lomond first, and we are looking for a great company to use for our transfer from the Airport to our hotel in Loch Lomond. After an overnight flight, we just want to be able to relax on our ride up there and would like to use a reputable company with great prices! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :)

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Taxi With a Toddler

by travelfrosch Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

It appears we'll need to take a taxi from Glasgow Queen Street Station, including Minifrosch. What are the rules as to child seats in taxis, and how easy/difficult is it to find a taxi with a child seat (if required)? Thanks!

12 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • Glasgow weekend break

by kirstenmccaffery Online Now May 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Hi does anyone know any good hotels to stay in Glasgow?

3 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    • the best airline

by zuzannak Online Now May 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM

What is the best airline to fly with to Argentina? I am looking for something with as few stop overs as possible.

4 Answers May 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    • kyoto

by DorotaCardonald Online Now May 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Did anayone been to Kyoto in Japan?

1 Answer May 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Tenement, Transport museums, real ale pubs & other sites

by jonathanbarker Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Scotland next weekend, and am looking for information about the location of the tenement museum, I am interested in social history. There is also an open museum and a transport museum in Partick.
      I am hoping to have a day in the city and would be interested in finding a good pub serving local beer and Scottish food (but not touristy). Are any local VTets in the area?

9 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • ayr bus station

by billybunter1 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM

how far and what is the cost of a taxi to ayr travel lodge , thanx

3 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • LJdeHayward's Profile Photo

Flights from Glasgow to Stornoway

by LJdeHayward Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I will visit Scotland June 11 - 25 and would like to fly from Glasgow to Stornoway during the week of June 18 - 22 2013. I see that if you buy tickets online they are nonrefundable, so it would be better to purchase them once I am in the UK, but wondered how filled up they get during that time. Also if any refundable tickets are available. I checked their trip insurance and it seems that there are too many exceptions that would make it useless.

12 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    • Glasgow in January?

by shellabell22 Online Now Aug 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Hi everyone. I am thinking of going to Glasgow in mid-January for two weeks. I have a few questions, though... before I get into that, I just want to note that I have been to Glasgow before, but only in the warmer months. Now on with the questions...

1. How cold can I expect it to be? I am from New York where the winters can be quite cold, snowy, and icy, so I doubt it'll be much cooler than here, but I don't want to be shocked. But... is it going to be too cold for me to walk around?

2. Because it gets darker there so early in the winter... will it be safe for me, a solo female traveler, to be walking around Glasgow's city center after dark?

3. Will there be attractions open?

4. What places do you recommend? What are must-sees?? What things are worth checking out? I'll have two weeks, so I'm hoping there's enough to entertain myself with in winter. I have no problem taking day trips out of Glasgow, but I don't quite understand the public transport there, so nothing too complex, please.

8 Answers Sep 20, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    • Glasgow airport to Thistle Hotel

by bostonmasssouthpaw Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Hello,
      Is it possible to get to the Thistle Hotel from the Glasgow airport by public transportation or would a taxi be our best bet. There will only be two adults and we each have only one rolling bag. Thank you for your help.

9 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    • Campbelltown to Glasgow

by JGOS04 Online Now Jul 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Can anyone tell me which bus company covers the Campbelltown to Glasgow route.

7 Answers Sep 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    • Glasgow or Loch Lommond and Inveraray Castle

by bbigmare Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I am arriving in May on a cruise to Glasgow for the day only. We have a few different excursions to pick from. What would be best to see....stay in Glasgow for the day or travel to Loch Lommond and Inveraray Castle? So much to do...so little time.

19 Answers Apr 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

A family meal! Where?

by crazyman2 Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm taking my wife up to Glasgow in March. It's her 50th!

We're staying at the Hotel du Vin and eating there on the Friday.

We need to find somewhere to eat with the extended family on the Saturday. There could be just 8 people or there may be 20!

I suggested an Indian restaurant. Ideas?

My sister-in-law suggested the Art Lovers House but that's a bit of a tradition with my wife's family.

The 'Chip? Too expensive for most!

Any other ideas in or around Glasgow?

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

seaplane flights in march

by crazyman2 Online Now Jan 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Hi everyone

My wife's 50th is coming up in March and I'm treating her to a couple of nights in the Hotel du Vin, Glasgow.
      One of the 'special' experiences that I'm looking into are the seaplane flights from Glasgow to the lochs with dinner at the end of it before being driven home.

Can you recommend a company?

Is there another 'wow' experience that you would recommend?

2 Answers Jan 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    • Train from Edinburgh

by losham Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I am thinking of a day trip (from Edinburgh) to Glasgow and was not sure what station is best to get off at --Glasgow Central or Queen Street.

Also is it worth going to Glasgow for just a day or should we think more about taking a one day bus tour from Edinburgh to the "Loch" areas.

Thanks for advice.

Losham

7 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM
    • train from Glasgow to Dublin?

by paulgranger Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Does anyone have information about travel from Glasgow to Dublin. We prefer the train but bus might be okay>
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    • hassanshawky's Profile Photo

Cheapest transportation from Glasgow to Lake District

by hassanshawky Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM

What is the cheapest transportation from Glasgow to Lake District for a day trip, to stay one day at Lake District and going back to Glasgow at night??

And what about using Megabus from Glasgow to Carlisle and the something else from Carlisle to Lake district?? Is cheaper or there is something else direct fro Glasgow??

4 Answers Aug 2, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    • hassanshawky's Profile Photo

Visiting Glasgow from 10-15 of Sep, with my kids

by hassanshawky Online Now Jul 26, 2011 at 2:38 AM

I will be visiting London from 1 to 10 of Sep 2010, then, visiting Glasgow from 10-15 of Sep, with my kids (girl 9y, boy 7y)
      What the best attractions and entertainments for kids and what the best things to do for Kids in London and Glasgow for that time??

Any creative suggestions??:)

10 Answers Sep 7, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    • Neighborhood/Street suggestion for Mother to stay on her own a few days

by emacneil Online Now Jul 25, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Hi,
      My parents, who are in their 60's, are travelling to Scotland this October. While my father takes a trip to Barra, my mother is going to stay on her own for a couple of days in Glasgow. I'm helping her plan the trip and would like a suggestion for a nice safe neighborhood within a very short walking distance (she doesn't walk a lot) to a few shops/grocery store.
      It's also a bonus if it's easily accessible by the airport bus (i.e. on the route).

Thanks in advance!

9 Answers Jul 26, 2011 at 12:21 AM
    • Pubs / Bars with Happy Hours or very good value

by midnightfever Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 7:13 AM

Hello,

we are travelling on a budget but we would still like to go out and have some drinks in Glasgow.

Does anybody know about good happy hours or places with very good value?
      Maybe a place where students meet with good music and cheap beer...

I tried to search myself but did not get good results.
      There seems to be a driving school named "happy hour" which makes the search difficult...

Maybe someone knows from own experience.

Thank you and greetings!

3 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    • BeanBag109's Profile Photo

1 Pound paper notes

by BeanBag109 Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Does the RBS still print the 1 pound paper notes?

thanks

8 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 3:07 AM
    • BeanBag109's Profile Photo

How can I get to Robroyston?

by BeanBag109 Online Now Jul 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I will have a Sunday to visit Glasgow soon, and thought about going to see the William Wallace's well and monument in Robroyston. What bus gan get me there from Glasgow city center?

2 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 4:25 AM
    • chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

Crossing on foot?

by chrisdScotland Online Now Jun 8, 2011 at 2:23 AM

I know this sounds a silly thing to ask but you can walk from Springfield Quay to the SECC, over the bridge, on foot can't you? I know you can cycle over the bridge from looking at google maps but can't tell if there is pavement all the way over too.

7 Answers Jun 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    • dinner theater

by sanscott Online Now Jun 4, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Is there a place in Glasgow that offers dinner theater such as Knights of the Round Table or the like.
      Thanks

4 Answers Jun 4, 2011 at 8:41 AM